Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Reaction.
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM,
RE: Your Reaction.
(04-07-2010, 05:25 AM)mixer242 Wrote: My reaction will be:

happy happy, joy joy ! Glad to be back...

My second reaction would be:

uh oh, too much publicity, everyone and their mother will want to play a free game because it will be on a google search. Do I smell a server crash daily....

My third reaction would be:

omg, hope there is a limited amount of "beta keys" lol

I want my Beta Hyper-Jump back. It was a pre-order item. I miss the days of early Hyper-Jump.
[Image: MxOSig.jpg]
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM,
:O

I guess you never got enough SSR gum from the DM construct to be able to get the Hyper-Jump beta ability late in CR 2.0... ?

When I first tested it (when I first had it in comparison to the regular HJ ) I didn't see much of a difference in distance except for there was a cool landing animation with it. Cool
[Image: Mix2.jpg]
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM,
Wish there was a way we could bring back our old characters with all their items in the emu.... Best we can do is give them same names/looks. I do hope tho that if they finish this (as close as possible) they make it that you have to farm items again. Wouldnt be fun if you just had to run an app like dermoclothing to deck your character out with all the items like SSR gear, pink gi etc. Especially the assassins mask. I think that should be just left out completely or to be fair allow only the few people who had it in mxo to have it again.

Another problem i see is whether or not to allow automatic 50's or make people level up again. I know the mission system is a long way off and may never be done. If not then you would have to make people 50 but if it is remade and improved no one would use it if they can make auto 50's. Maybe make it so everyone gets one 50 to start with then they need to level up all characters after. I know this is a long way off but im bored and thinking about it.
[Image: Zenomwb.png]
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM,
I'd prefer we all had to work for the items and levels again. Logging in and getting level 50 would be rather boring. Also those that never have played the game would have no clue how their characters work and being max level you'd have so much teaching to do. No I think having everyone start from scratch would be the best route. In my opinion.
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM,
(04-07-2010, 01:32 PM)Cinoval Wrote: I'd prefer we all had to work for the items and levels again. Logging in and getting level 50 would be rather boring. Also those that never have played the game would have no clue how their characters work and being max level you'd have so much teaching to do. No I think having everyone start from scratch would be the best route. In my opinion.

I agree to a point, for new player being 50 will just be confusing although make for great cannon fodder in pvp lol. However those who leveled 50's during mxo days will be discouraged to return if they hear they will have to relevel again. We all know the mxo grind is one of the most boring of all mmos. We want to encourage as many people as possible to return to make this a success. If there was a simple way of knowing who already had 50's in mxo and only allowing them to have one level 50 in the emulation would be best. Maybe if they proved through screenshots and using other players as reference maybe. Would be messy though and require alot of processing work for whoever is setting up accounts. I dont know if there is a simple solution.
04-07-2010, 02:12 PM,
Yeah I agree that MxOs leveling was so boring. And the point of discouragement I can see that, I myself wouldn't mind leveling again if that was the way it was. Yes getting a level 50 for being in MxO before would be nice.

I have 3 friends that heard of MxO and wanted to check it out, but never did. I'd kinda hate having to sit around waiting for them to level up before we really got into anything together. And poor Morpheus having to go in and set those of us to level 50.
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM,
Realistically i doubt we will get to a point where we have a working and reliable mission system. Once we get the inventory/clothing then abilities working for pvp and coding i think most people will be happy. I doubt the devs will want to go further, who knows tho.
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM,
Possible, I can't say how much data these guys have to re-create game features. I'd like to see a fully working game at some point. But I'll settle for what we get. Hell I still log into the current local server and run around just to see the sights, it gets me the MxO fix for the night.
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM,
(04-07-2010, 02:16 PM)Zenom199 Wrote: Realistically i doubt we will get to a point where we have a working and reliable mission system. Once we get the inventory/clothing then abilities working for pvp and coding i think most people will be happy. I doubt the devs will want to go further, who knows tho.
http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com/forum/show...er#pid4211
Just test may help.

(04-07-2010, 02:43 PM)Cinoval Wrote: Possible, I can't say how much data these guys have to re-create game features. I'd like to see a fully working game at some point. But I'll settle for what we get. Hell I still log into the current local server and run around just to see the sights, it gets me the MxO fix for the night.
2'2GB of text files xD. If not all, mostly things that a normal player could see.

For both of ya, leveing a person would be just editing DB, not hard at all xD (we'r not SOE! XD). But probably will be stuck at level 1 to prevent 50 level-fever. On the other hand, getting the same char could be done (i heard that not the heads and so were available at creation).
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM by Zenom199.)
Thats good to hear that we can have missions even if they are player developed ones. Id hope this has a lesser priority then getting inventory/clothing and combat working tho.

So your saying that everyone will start at level 1 again? I personally dont mind leveling up again but i know of alot of people who simply wont return because they hated the grind. But in the end i think we will have enough people back because they miss the game and its free.

Btw i am hanging out for a test server morph! from what ive read u have made more breakthroughs id really wanna test them out.