RE: Your Reaction.
My reaction will be like that :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UcXBcMxUPc
04-08-2010, 12:32 AM,
I also think starting at level 1 would be the best decision

But I also hate grinding^^
and Morpheus said that leveling is only a matter of db-change,
so it should be possible to change the xp rates (for example 2x or 4x[like some wow fun servers]);
so there wouldn't be that much stress in recreating all missions
only a thought....
04-08-2010, 12:55 AM,
I will be screaming and yelling like a madman, and I will be frantically playing my character, to get it up to lvl 50.

I'll also try to get my girlfriend to play. lol!
04-08-2010, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 01:32 AM by Zenom199.)
If there is an xp boost it should be something like 50%, took me about a month to get to 50 my first time. Wasnt grinding all the time too, someone serious about getting to 50 and with help of others leveling together can do it quicker. With a 50% boost u can estimate it would take only a a couple weeks or less if grinding daily, that I can live with. It makes it easier and encourages people to level up characters without making the process mindnumbing and endless. Making it crazy like 100% or 200% boost it will be stupidly fast and remove the feeling of achievement.

Edit: Id also suggest making hyperspeed available at a much lower level.. like 5 maybe. I found running around using sprint which chews IS like crazy at low level was a pain. Also remove the restriction to not allow missions in richland between 13 - 33 (i think that was it). i hate having to move and found the first couple levels out of richland hard due to the gang levels. Just my two cents on possible changes. Im sure everyone will have their own opinion.
[Image: Zenomwb.png]
04-08-2010, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 05:17 AM by Sixxth.)
So, I may be the only person you talk to that didn't mind the grind. I was a very slow leveler because I didnt want to run through everything as fast as possible just to get to 50. In fact, in the waning days of the game, I was leveling yet another nub RSI using the archives etc just to remember the beginning story arc of the game. *sigh*

Then again, I was lucky to start from live day 1 (well I was in beta too but after the character wipe any leveling there didn't matter) and play the crit missions as they came out (higher exp). Also, there really were a lot of ways to level that people didn't take advantage of ( neighborhood contacts, the contructs, exile hideouts, quests etc....) then would complain there wasn't enough to do.

Anyhow, I would be super happy just to have the standard missions to grind on. Increase the exp rate? That would be ok with me too....but damn, just to have a working system again and grind from Level 1 up would be fine!

Again, my 2cents, your mileage may vary.
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM,
(04-08-2010, 05:16 AM)Sixxth Wrote: then would complain there wasn't enough to do.

Funny I always found something to do, but as you mentioned some would complain. If it wasn't story missions, it was contacts and so on. I'd even work on the rare loot drops from time to time.
[Image: MxOSig.jpg]
04-08-2010, 07:57 PM,
Pretty much soon, but exp received by questing or actions is sent by us, so we can just get it bit up to balance the equation. (dont need a % but increase X missions that were low or so).

But as we have no AI nor npc's to fight... no way to test grinding yet xD.
04-08-2010, 11:47 PM,
(04-08-2010, 07:57 PM)Morpheus Wrote: Pretty much soon, but exp received by questing or actions is sent by us, so we can just get it bit up to balance the equation. (dont need a % but increase X missions that were low or so).

But as we have no AI nor npc's to fight... no way to test grinding yet xD.

Hey Morph, do you have a method for the NPC AI? Does your logged server stuff help at all?
04-09-2010, 12:29 AM,
No and no, mainly.

Well we can separate npc patterns and see what they did, if logger camped near one mob... or fighting patterns. But... nothing more.

If we shall do it, expect noob foes (xD!).
04-09-2010, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2010, 12:45 AM by Gerik.)
This is how NPCs fought at high levels:

[Image: 208916u.png]

True story; those bastards...