Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recursion Packets...
01-28-2010, 12:09 AM,
RE: Recursion Packets...
Well you must have a knowledge of C++ in order to decode the packet data, so unless you know C++ I'm going to guess that Morpheus wont be taking the time out to "teach" it.

Sorry guys

Val
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM,
(01-27-2010, 12:24 PM)Jathniel Wrote: Is he seriously doing this solo?
In fact no, i hired some chinese players to help us... xD.

Nah just do it on free time Tongue. And mostly just luck and patience. Also, talking and testing with other devs & crew helped a lot.

To be honest, you dont need too much coding experience (maybe c++ helps a bit) but you need some number loving skill, some nature sight of patterns on numbers and a good (strong) knowledge of hexadecimal language.

We may think about putting how 04 packets works, so people can test but it's complicated to define it for all the cases that appear.

I will try a bit and if no solution i will try to contact some help like SWGemu way.

To test yourself, you could download luizoe logs and see what you understand.
But take them from the packets: World -> Client.
The other things are non used atm. First packet to check has the "metr" file in a string below.

Regards,
Morph.
01-28-2010, 02:26 AM,
too bad only noobs want to play the mxoemu, nobody wants to work for it, otherwise much more would have been done by now
i wish there was a community like on swgemu, with more than 1 person doing the actual work (here it was first me, then morpheus)
01-28-2010, 02:37 AM,
(01-28-2010, 02:26 AM)rajkosto Wrote: too bad only noobs want to play the mxoemu, nobody wants to work for it, otherwise much more would have been done by now
i wish there was a community like on swgemu, with more than 1 person doing the actual work (here it was first me, then morpheus)

You do have people helping on other aspect of the games, there are 4 players collecting the IDs and Cords of interactives in MegaCity. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I am learning C++ on my lunch break so that I can help out with MxOE down the road.

We may not all know coding, but we are more than willing to help, and we're not "noobs", sir.
01-28-2010, 02:45 AM,
And again rajko to take your smartness back down a peg where it belongs, your a contradiction to yourself!

You helped out. Quit because your a quitter and left Morpheus alone. why not help build the community by HELPING Morpheus.
01-28-2010, 02:47 AM,
In the non-existent free time I have (aka, I have an 8 month old), I am trying to figure out how to read packets and what not, but I haven't had enough time to really sit and get to it. Every time I plant myself down to get started SOMETHING comes up... Being that I work from home, you'd think I'd be able to find that kind of time, but nope. Phone calls, baby cries, not to mention the woman...

Free time? What's that?
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
01-28-2010, 02:47 AM,
(01-28-2010, 02:37 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 02:26 AM)rajkosto Wrote: too bad only noobs want to play the mxoemu, nobody wants to work for it, otherwise much more would have been done by now

You do have people helping on other aspect of the games, there are 4 players collecting the IDs and Cords of interactives in MegaCity. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I am learning C++ on my lunch break so that I can help out with MxOE down the road.

We may not all know coding, but we are more than willing to help, and we're not "noobs", sir.

I am catching up with my C++ too, I did learn a fair bit around 5 years ago but just like my french... I forgot it all. I am now relearning, also if anyone needs material on learning how to use C++ give me a pm and I will get you a download (I'm your personal *leg&& downloader :p)
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
01-28-2010, 02:52 AM,
(01-28-2010, 02:47 AM)Twaggy Wrote:

I am catching up with my C++ too, I did learn a fair bit around 5 years ago but just like my french... I forgot it all. I am now relearning, also if anyone needs material on learning how to use C++ give me a pm and I will get you a download (I'm your personal *leg&& downloader :p)

Will you be my C++ mentor? There are a few things I'm lost on as I'm reading this book. *laughs*
01-28-2010, 02:54 AM,
Well, I have some familiarity with Python from writing some mods for Star Trek Bridge Commander.

I reckon python and c++ can't be too much different.

I'll do a forum search for luizoe logs, and I downloaded some recursion packets that seem to get hyper jump and other features working. I'll go ahead and start tinkering from there.
[Image: archangelmichael2.jpg]
"The Hired One of God"
01-28-2010, 03:14 AM,
(01-28-2010, 02:52 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 02:47 AM)Twaggy Wrote:

Will you be my C++ mentor? There are a few things I'm lost on as I'm reading this book. *laughs*

Hey even I get boggled, I am re-learning Big Grin
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya