Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packets related to packets
02-12-2011, 02:16 AM,
RE: Packets related to packets
I need a servant here Tongue.

Yes and... no.

Ambiguation disolved: You need to send packets first if they spawn and put a ID number to them.
For example, a player in your view needs to be spawned with ID "24" before you send a "ID 24 dances" packet.

The 04 / RPC protocol is not so needed, apart of the effects and gui, but the 03 should be in order to make movement and so "normal".

There is no need on your hardline example because it's probably a static object (like 222333444) and you set it to "1" on the synced hardline list/array. The packet would be something like "SET Hardline as Synced, 222333444".

On the other question, the id you are given, separated in object ID and sector ID has no use for users(players), but if you take that info i give you (Obj ID) and my sql for mxo world blocks, you can get some more "things to do".

Resuming, the sector ID of that object, matches my BlockID, together with the files from the Rajko's extractor leaves you with 5 files (from thousands? Big Grin) where you can search the "Obj ID" to see if it's there (it is) and how world files format is.

The big problem is that most of the Obj ID's are something like "0003" and believe me, that's not a good key to search in a binary file.

Maybe it's too complicated to express it so shortly... but.. that's it. Post again if you got any doubt.

A good cascade-question pack for packet testers with programming skills:
- What happens if you use python + pygame for key bindings for left/right arrow?
- What happens if you mix that with a thing that parses (read + remove spaces/linebreaks) logs files?
- What happens if now you mix the left/right events to "esend" commands to a console?
- What happens if after testing the above you like it too much? Tongue.

Messages In This Thread
Packets related to packets - by Parallax - 02-12-2011, 12:42 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Morpheus - 02-12-2011, 02:16 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Parallax - 02-12-2011, 07:48 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Morpheus - 02-12-2011, 08:59 PM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Parallax - 02-13-2011, 02:13 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Messana - 02-13-2011, 05:06 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Parallax - 02-13-2011, 07:17 AM
RE: Packets related to packets - by Morpheus - 02-13-2011, 08:43 PM