Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent smiths differ from the other Agents
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010, 06:33 AM by QuiDormit.)
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents
(02-10-2010, 05:26 AM)Metalogic Wrote: Ok, can you expand on that please? I'm not seeing the connection. *laughs*

(If you're being serious, then) I just mean that the only one who would have chosen Smith is the Oracle. Smith, in many ways, was Neo.

Neo's path taught him to value all sentience, be it human or program/machine. That's where they veered off course, and that's where the unbalance of the equation occurred. Otherwise, it would have just been Smith VS Neo in an all out "Whoever wins controls the Matrix" brawl. But it became about more than that for Neo, and as he fought for every single person that Smith had taken over, program and person alike, Smith fought to become the "one." The Alpha and Omega (at least in the simulation).

If it wasn't for Smith, Neo wouldn't have had jack shit to barter with the Deus Ex Machina, and so Smith was created (or allowed to go as far as he did, depends on your point of view) to be Neo's opposite and equal simultaneously. His purpose, his journey to power and beyond was all scripted so that Neo could use him as an excuse to create the Truce. Therefore, Smith is just another system of control. Specifically, he is a method to control the machines, to force them into bartering with Neo.

If you weren't serious, then, uh, don't mind me, I'm just rambling.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents - by QuiDormit - 02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents - by rajkosto - 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM