Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last thing I have to say.
01-30-2010, 02:25 AM,
RE: The last thing I have to say.
(01-30-2010, 01:17 AM)rajkosto Wrote: tl;dr (although i lold at the villain thing)
you cant shut down a project thats been coded from scratch, because you made it, from your brain, from your hands, they cant take it away since you didn't steal anything from them
MXO will never be revived in its current form, the matrix franchise is basically dead atm, aside from the die hard fans that troll this forum and some others, IF and WHEN they decide to reboot it, they will pay no attention to the current (poor quality) games, either singleplayer ones from Shiny (way to cut corners on development), or mxo, probably just make new ones

Right.

But even before that can happen, the Wachowski brothers have to approve someone to go ahead and handle their franchise, because I'm pretty sure they've openly stated that they have no intention of continuing the Matrix any time soon.

Although I'm not a fan of participating in threads that are extensions of closed threads, I just wanted to take the opportunity to apologize. I realize that not everyone is on the same page and that sometimes, ideas like this are great jumping off points. I also realize that not everyone has practical business experience from being in the corporate world, but I jumped onto the anger wagon with everyone else.

My main concern with this whole thing is that, much like someone said at some time, MxO has been thrown into a box and wheeled into a warehouse like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones...

SOE still retains whatever physical form of the game they decided to keep, but I am certain that they have retained absolutely no rights. WBIE holds the rights to the game itself. The thing is, when you no longer have an active product, you no longer have employees who are in charge of that product.

There is no contact at WBIE in regard to MxO specifically any more. The only way I could see this working at all would be to hire a lawyer and have him/her contact WBIE's legal team. From there, IF (and it's a monumental "if") you're not shot down immediately, then the lawyer representing us, (us being MxOE for the sake of this discussion) would present the terms and requests we would try to make. Then, if THAT wasn't immediately shot down, their legal team would work with whomever at WBIE would even be the remotest connection to MxO (which would be considered by the corporation to be a huge waste of time to discuss something on an old product that they have decided to let go) to approve/deny the request.

THEN, even if that request was approved, WBIE's legal team would have to contact SOE's legal team to get whatever incarnation of the game still exists...

You see why this just sounds like an immediate "oh HELL no?"

Like I said, I'm sorry for jumping at you, but the time and energy and money involved in this is astronomical before a sub fee was even instituted. And still, their legal team would have to say something other than "no" from the get-go.

I'm done on this topic for now, and Val, should this anger you to no end that I've continued a discussion on a closed topic, I'll have no hard feelings if you nuke my comments.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.

Messages In This Thread
The last thing I have to say. - by Tornadic - 01-30-2010, 01:12 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by rajkosto - 01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by QuiDormit - 01-30-2010, 02:25 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Valaro - 01-30-2010, 01:41 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Neo VII - 01-30-2010, 02:47 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Twaggy - 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Rxu - 01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Yamakuzy - 01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Valaro - 01-30-2010, 02:38 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Twaggy - 01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
RE: The last thing I have to say. - by Vesuveus - 01-30-2010, 02:46 AM