Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I haz an idea!!!
01-29-2010, 08:37 AM,
RE: I haz an idea!!!
(01-29-2010, 08:35 AM)Morpheus Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 08:17 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: and there's no guarantee combat will even work.
Is bit offtopic, but i want to clarify this point. Combat does work. Is not "it may work someday", it works. Yesterday i put a replay where the player combats a corrupted, barehanded, and same as real server. The problem is to figure how to do dinamically, and with custom players, anwering your combat actions.

If you need guarantees I may capture into vid. Also, i have some people that saw it in their own client (privacy protected).

On the topic, dont want to talk about money or subscriptions but is common sense that having a main server means cash, someone paying or giving his host. If it has no success we can still have some kind of server at home but the "real mxo" feeling would be... less if existent.

Could we see the video actualy morpheus? or maybe post it onto the developer diary please? Just want to see how it is ^^

And about costs. Theres bound to be people who'll donate Smile Just have to have faith ;D
01-29-2010, 08:38 AM,
I'm sorry to come off sounding rude here but...

Since a few of you seem to have missed the point, if my plan of "renting" the operating rights to MxO were approved, THEY WOULD HAVE TO GIVE US THE ENTIRE SOURCE CODE FOR MXO!
We'd have a ready product, that just needs a little cleaning up of what they did when they closed it. And the idea of "renting" the rights to operate is ENTIRELY LEGAL.

NO! MxOEmu does NOT need to ever be mentioned to WB or SOE or really anyone, ever during this proposal.

NO! We wouldn't be charging for this in it's current state, in THEORY it would be the same game you remember, now in the hands of people who love the project and fix things that needed fixing (like, multi-fight seriously, WTF is with that? that skill was awesome and they just axed it, and left it dead in your skill tree)

YES! We could make it free to play, or cheap monthly fee (I was doing all my math at $10/month rates)

NO! I am not considering telling ANYONE that can shut you down about this, I love MxO I don't want it to die. (for really, reals this time Tongue )

The reason other "big gun" MMO's don't talk about pricing is because they're not done yet. MxO is done.
Just to some it up, my idea was to completely REVIVE MxO not wait while very, very competent people recode the game from scratch. I want these people so adamant about bringing a game back that they're coding it FROM SCRATCH to be the FULL TIME DEVELOPERS of MxO.
01-29-2010, 08:41 AM,
(01-29-2010, 08:38 AM)Tornadic Wrote: The reason other "big gun" MMO's don't talk about pricing is because they're not done yet. MxO is done.

lol? Are we speaking about the same MxO here? xDDD
No its not done, it was never done. Monolith released it incomplete, and the site has tonnes of evidence towards this
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM,
(01-29-2010, 08:38 AM)Tornadic Wrote: I'm sorry to come off sounding rude here but...

Since a few of you seem to have missed the point, if my plan of "renting" the operating rights to MxO were approved, THEY WOULD HAVE TO GIVE US THE ENTIRE SOURCE CODE FOR MXO!
We'd have a ready product, that just needs a little cleaning up of what they did when they closed it. And the idea of "renting" the rights to operate is ENTIRELY LEGAL.

NO! MxOEmu does NOT need to ever be mentioned to WB or SOE or really anyone, ever during this proposal.

NO! We wouldn't be charging for this in it's current state, in THEORY it would be the same game you remember, now in the hands of people who love the project and fix things that needed fixing (like, multi-fight seriously, WTF is with that? that skill was awesome and they just axed it, and left it dead in your skill tree)

YES! We could make it free to play, or cheap monthly fee (I was doing all my math at $10/month rates)

NO! I am not considering telling ANYONE that can shut you down about this, I love MxO I don't want it to die. (for really, reals this time Tongue )

The reason other "big gun" MMO's don't talk about pricing is because they're not done yet. MxO is done.
Just to some it up, my idea was to completely REVIVE MxO not wait while very, very competent people recode the game from scratch. I want these people so adamant about bringing a game back that they're coding it FROM SCRATCH to be the FULL TIME DEVELOPERS of MxO.

Dude, since you arent getting it, let me be plain.

No one likes your idea. Plain and simple. Its not that they don't understand - its that no one likes it.

No offense, but please, stop.
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM,
(01-29-2010, 08:47 AM)Sixxth Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 08:38 AM)Tornadic Wrote: I'm sorry to come off sounding rude here but...

Dude, since you arent getting it, let me be plain.

No one likes your idea. Plain and simple. Its not that they don't understand - its that no one likes it.

No offense, but please, stop.

this guy is 100% correct
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2010, 08:49 AM by Gerik.)
(01-29-2010, 08:41 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 08:38 AM)Tornadic Wrote: The reason other "big gun" MMO's don't talk about pricing is because they're not done yet. MxO is done.

lol? Are we speaking about the same MxO here? xDDD
No its not done, it was never done. Monolith released it incomplete, and the site has tonnes of evidence towards this

Think he might mean that its not running anymore, unlike WoW or others.
01-29-2010, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2010, 09:40 AM by Morpheus.)
He meant that it was already on stores and sold. so done.

Of course, is like selling a half cooked biscuit. Is ok and you can eat it.. but you may realize much later that about 5 mins of cooking were not done.
01-29-2010, 08:59 AM,
o i c
01-29-2010, 09:31 AM,
I believe Comic Book Idea says it best...

Worst Idea Ever

[Image: comic%20book%20guy.jpg]
01-29-2010, 10:01 AM,
we should just close this thread.
Thread Closed