Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its absolutely ridiculous.
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM,
RE: its absolutely ridiculous.
(02-05-2010, 12:02 PM)rajkosto Wrote: no, the servers are probably still there and ONLINE, because if they turned them off, all hell would break loose (soe hasnt heard of modularity)
they probably just blocked the ports needed for mxo in their firewall

ya the regular sigh in says like unable to connect
[Image: zeem5672711rs1.gif]
02-05-2010, 02:02 PM,
(02-05-2010, 11:09 AM)Valaro Wrote: What I love is, even after all this speculation and with the world so caught up on rights these days, it doesn't say ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE! Who has the rights to do what with it and WHY it was shut down!!

It doesn't matter why it was shut down. Truth be told, it's none of our goddamn business. Maybe SOE was taking on heavy losses. Maybe they wanted to free up personnel to do other things (BOTH personnel...).

The bottom line is that we don't know, we won't know, and they have no reason to tell us. SOE shut it down because they wanted to. That's that.

Speculation is just us trying to pull the splinter from our mind, but when it all boils down, all that's left is "SOE shut it down," and that's all that really matters.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM,
lol you guys are fuckin legends, dont give up on this, shit if use get this up and running ill pay for it Big Grin
02-16-2010, 03:14 AM,
As cool as it is that you say that man, im sure wed all be willing to pay Morpheus to play it (or whoever runs a server). Thing is he legally can't accept our money (except for the soul use of server costs). If we do we'd would be making a profit on it and would have BOTH SOE and WBIE on our asses. With that just call your life F***ED! Smile
02-16-2010, 07:33 AM,
i agree with the idea of receiving money!.
Pity that cant be rich from it legally..... I shall make a company!.
02-16-2010, 10:37 AM,
(02-16-2010, 07:33 AM)Morpheus Wrote: i agree with the idea of receiving money!.
Pity that cant be rich from it legally..... I shall make a company!.

Morpheus Industries, LLC!
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-16-2010, 03:04 PM,
Rather than post in the "Hi" thread I picked this one cause it interested me the most. I totally agree that SOE saw this game as part of a package deal they had to put up with in order to get the titles they really wanted. With the rather shitty treatment the game and us the paying customer was given in the years SOE ownd the game it was no real wonder that they would end it just as badly. I'm not going to say it was all bad because a few of the devs tried to make the game a little interesting with the few resources they were left with (ie. Rarebit). But at the end it was just us getting crushed like our hopes that this game would continue on and the sobering message of "Wake up!" as the last thing SOE really wanted to say to us.

In the days that followed they didn't make it any easier when they posted in Candid (Tuesday?) about how they were selling or giving away some old mxo posters which basically brought on a wave of backlash from irate ex-mxo customers including yours truly. And of course instead of addressing the issue they did the typical SOE move, which was to sit back let the forums erupt in a civil war and quietly start whacking people with the ban stick (and for the life of me I cannot even find that thread anymore which wouldnt't surprise me if they just deleted the whole thing.

The point is that SOE has failed miserably in keeping their games active and worse keeping their customers happy. They would rather treat us like a bunch of kids who should be greatful that they let us pay to play.

This project with the emulator is a promising one and if it can be played in a mmo format on the horizon then it should be something to look forward to. Of course i share the same concerns and questions everyone else has concerning the legality of it all but I won't voice them as i am sure this has been discussed and debated to death already.

If there is one thing I am really happy to see is the community...the first online family I have ever known has found a place to meet and hope.

but I still want NEOPWRZ if the emulator goes online...
02-16-2010, 03:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM by MajTom.)
they said "wake up" before
they never said anything new just reused stuff
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM,
did they also say "OMGSPAM" before ?
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM,
Lol, Raj. Big Grin Good question! Tongue