Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question in regards to Loyalty...
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM,
RE: Question in regards to Loyalty...
The RSI Fragment was placed into the system at the Dojo. Could the machines have been ready to use Neo against us?
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM,
Sarah Edmontons was created by the Live Events Team, which was disbanded at the changeover from Monolith to SoE. Rarebit stated a few times that since he had no idea what they'd done (since none of them left notes) and since he had no idea what they'd planned, it was hard for him to find any direction for the character and abandoned it. Chadders was likely of the same sentiment.

As to Morpheus's assassination, I think it was a brilliant move which was cheapened somewhat by the lack of any closure to the case. Sure, the whole plot about pulses bringing up the General's sim was great, but it could've happened significantly sooner with a similar impact, and afterward there could have been some permanent closure. I would have been entirely against keeping Morpheus in the game, because his death caused such a massive and continuous controversy.

Well, that is, I feel that's how it would've worked best for the general audience. It created continuous, incredibly interesting potential and anticipation, as well as speculation, which was great for the roleplayers.
[Image: IsIt.png]
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM,
(02-11-2010, 04:30 PM)Neoteny Wrote: As to Morpheus's assassination, I think it was a brilliant move which was cheapened somewhat by the lack of any closure to the case. Sure, the whole plot about pulses bringing up the General's sim was great, but it could've happened significantly sooner with a similar impact, and afterward there could have been some permanent closure. I would have been entirely against keeping Morpheus in the game, because his death caused such a massive and continuous controversy.

Well, that is, I feel that's how it would've worked best for the general audience. It created continuous, incredibly interesting potential and anticipation, as well as speculation, which was great for the roleplayers.

Agreed.

I was not thrilled at the idea of Morpheus leaving the game so soon considering he could have carried the storyline a bit longer before the introduction of some lame SOE created characters...But his dissapearance provided lots of backstory for the RP community and a sense of responsibility for those who beleived in his principles.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-12-2010, 01:16 PM,
(02-11-2010, 04:30 PM)Neoteny Wrote: Sarah Edmontons was created by the Live Events Team, which was disbanded at the changeover from Monolith to SoE. Rarebit stated a few times that since he had no idea what they'd done (since none of them left notes) and since he had no idea what they'd planned, it was hard for him to find any direction for the character and abandoned it. Chadders was likely of the same sentiment.

The Sarah Edmontons file was in a mission. Rarebit stated that there was almost no interaction between the LET and the mission writers.
02-12-2010, 10:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2010, 08:53 AM by Prospero.)
(02-12-2010, 01:16 PM)Othinn Wrote:
(02-11-2010, 04:30 PM)Neoteny Wrote: Sarah Edmontons was created by the Live Events Team, which was disbanded at the changeover from Monolith to SoE. Rarebit stated a few times that since he had no idea what they'd done (since none of them left notes) and since he had no idea what they'd planned, it was hard for him to find any direction for the character and abandoned it. Chadders was likely of the same sentiment.

The Sarah Edmontons file was in a mission. Rarebit stated that there was almost no interaction between the LET and the mission writers.

It's amazing how superb many aspects of MxO are, and how stupid some aspects are. Like this for example. The LET had no notes or documentation? They carried everything in their heads? And the guys who wrote missions had scarcely any interaction with the LET? Wtf? I mean, was there _any_one in control of the whole shebang? It's like the whole crock with the no-one-can-mess-with-the-database thing.

I find it fascinating to read stuff like this (and keep it coming!), but the more I read the more amazed I am that MxO even lasted as far as it did for as long as it did.
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM,
Captain, you can't abandon The Pride.
[Image: ceegebanner.jpg]
02-13-2010, 09:25 AM,
(02-12-2010, 10:13 PM)Prospero Wrote: I find it fascinating to read stuff like this (and keep it coming!), but the more I read the more amazed I am that MxO even lasted as far as it did for as long as it did.
The more i read the more WTF grows in my mind about: they really charge people same or more cash than other *organized* games?
This game should have turned into F2P (plus payment options) with sony change to care-less team, but just IMO.

The no-connection between groups of the game info just makes me O.o
02-13-2010, 01:54 PM,
(02-13-2010, 09:25 AM)Morpheus Wrote:
(02-12-2010, 10:13 PM)Prospero Wrote: I find it fascinating to read stuff like this (and keep it coming!), but the more I read the more amazed I am that MxO even lasted as far as it did for as long as it did.
The more i read the more WTF grows in my mind about: they really charge people same or more cash than other *organized* games?
This game should have turned into F2P (plus payment options) with sony change to care-less team, but just IMO.

The no-connection between groups of the game info just makes me O.o

Amen, brother. And another thing. Everyone dumps on SOE. But the problems I see of crap coordination and incompetent documentation and amateurish management go right back to Monolith. Again, it's a miracle MxO got as far as did. And a great miracle, it is.
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM,
Yup, the game was mismanaged for years before release. Rarebit's posts can confirm as much.