Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its absolutely ridiculous.
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM,
RE: its absolutely ridiculous.
Now meta lets not talk silly here. I said it played a hand, not had a bad reputation.

Oh btw in case I havnt made aware yet, Playstation OWNS! And yes Metal Gear Solid 4/ Online, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Grab Turismo 5, God of War 3, MAG, LA Noire, Final Fantasy, Socom 5 and resistance 3 do count as making it the best Console on the market Big Grin
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM,
PC pwns everything! EVERYTHING!
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM,
(02-04-2010, 12:14 PM)Metalogic Wrote: PC pwns everything! EVERYTHING!

The System supports this claim!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

02-05-2010, 03:49 AM,
tl;dr but I got the gist. Yes we all know SOE hates games. They are like EA in that regard. I've spent months analyzing and researching trying to come up with a logical conclusion surrounding all of the strange politics and red tape that went into SOE getting MxO from Monolith to the inevitable server kill. It has led me nowhere unfortunately since no one at SOE is able (read willing) to comment on anything.

So we're left with speculation and rumors. The devs didn't give us a proper burial. They just sort of left us. Or at least that is how it comes across to me. SOE won't even give up the IP to anyone else, for any amount of money. WB has already given them what they want and won't take DCU away for any reason, so why not give the fans the source? It makes no sense to me.

Long post blah. I'm super stoked about the work you folks are doing to make an attempt to give us back our poor misused redheaded stepchild game. I was talking to Roukan about it and the only thing that worries me is SOE's backlash when they find out about all this.
[Image: tekkensig.jpg]
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2010, 04:23 AM by Tornadic.)
(02-05-2010, 03:49 AM)Gryn Wrote: WB has already given them what they want and won't take DCU away for any reason, so why not give the fans the source? It makes no sense to me.

Because someone else might make money off it, and they can't have that.

My question is, what incentive did SOE have to shut it down? Like others have said, they could have just left MxO limping along on one server with little or no dev support, and kept it as another game you get access to when you cough up the money for the station pass.
02-05-2010, 04:30 AM,
they had to pay WB licencing fees for using the matrix name
it was more than their profits.
02-05-2010, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2010, 04:39 AM by Praxedis.)
(02-05-2010, 04:30 AM)rajkosto Wrote: they had to pay WB licencing fees for using the matrix name

Is it wrong that this gave me the mental image of SoE's wallet full of moths? Is this seriously how I'm supposed to remember the Matrix?! A WALLET OF MOTHS?!

EDIT: Attachment was my face reading Raj's reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-05-2010, 04:45 AM,
(02-05-2010, 04:36 AM)Praxedis Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 04:30 AM)rajkosto Wrote: they had to pay WB licencing fees for using the matrix name

Is it wrong that this gave me the mental image of SoE's wallet full of moths? Is this seriously how I'm supposed to remember the Matrix?! A WALLET OF MOTHS?!

Wow, that's very good. How did you draw that?
02-05-2010, 04:46 AM,
(02-05-2010, 04:20 AM)Tornadic Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 03:49 AM)Gryn Wrote: WB has already given them what they want and won't take DCU away for any reason, so why not give the fans the source? It makes no sense to me.

Because someone else might make money off it, and they can't have that.

My question is, what incentive did SOE have to shut it down? Like others have said, they could have just left MxO limping along on one server with little or no dev support, and kept it as another game you get access to when you cough up the money for the station pass.

You are right, and I thought about that too. One of my MxO buddies was totally loaded and tried to secure the rights to MxO to host a purely non profit server and they still wouldn't go for it. The bastards are content to just keeping MxO for themselves without using it for anything.
[Image: tekkensig.jpg]
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2010, 05:34 AM by Praxedis.)
(02-05-2010, 04:45 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 04:36 AM)Praxedis Wrote:

Wow, that's very good. How did you draw that?

*Whispers really quiet* I stole it from another board.

As for them not wanting to give up anything, would you? Really? And now I know everyone would say "Yes because I'd get to play again" but from a corporate viewpoint, would you want someone else to get money off of what you own?

Not like it matters anyway, I'd prefer people who like the subject matter to be working on/handling it, personally. Tongue