Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent smiths differ from the other Agents
02-10-2010, 02:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010, 02:39 AM by spazztastics.)
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents
(02-10-2010, 02:22 AM)Broker Wrote: It always seemed to me that Smith was "leader" of the agents, so maybe he was a better program, or maybe an older program. In the beginning of "Reloaded" he makes the comment that it's all happening like it did before (or something to that effect) and he talks about the first version of the Matrix when he's interrogating Morpheus. All of which lead me to believe he's lived through some, if not all, of the previous iterations of the Matrix.

But does that explain why he has emotions already in the first movie? Programs usually doesn't have emotions and even if you 'create a certain response in certain situations' Smith is the only agent with this self awareness. I would agree with this if he got his emotion after he is destroyed and broken out of the rules but he has emotions already in the first movie.
I thought that the agents was just programs that didn't have any opinion or will of their own, which the other agents are also. Smiths hate as i see it lies in that he constantly tries to get out of the Matrix and be his own but he isn't given the chance until Neo destroys him and alter his code. And that's why he hates humans it seems, because humans does have a choice (either be a part of matrix or get out) which he has not. Just saying .. No other agent thinks like Smith.

(02-10-2010, 02:26 AM)Twaggy Wrote: I agree, so it's more likely that because he is a much older program that he just naturally became "self-aware" as most sci-fi writers say. They claim this is when an AI because "alive"

This sound convincing and I'm still wondering wether Smith just as Neo does in fact have the chance to be The One.
We are in Ravens room. We should not be in Ravens room...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents - by spazztastics - 02-10-2010, 02:31 AM
RE: Agent smiths differ from the other Agents - by rajkosto - 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM