Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project

Full Version: New redpill want's to help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

At last I found this project, and I just wanted to say how awesome this is!
You guys really have my respect for your work. MxO was the best game I have ever played from DOS 5.0 to Win7-Times and I miss it very much!

I also tried the local test-server from the other mxo-project you guys worked former on too as I read (I know there was a split, sad, but I guess both sides had their reasons...), and this was impressive too for just reverse-engineering from packets. A bit flair of the good old days... Cool
Those 'third-party-tools' are very nice too...

Perhaps I could help in any way on this project here. I'm a software-developer/programmer and have skills in C++ (not elite I have to say), mysql and some other languages... except python I have to say... Sad
I just don't really know how to begin with (never done anything like packet-decryption & reverse-engineering).
But if you can use help even from a second-class-coder, please let me know. I will do all I can to help with this project.

So long, good luck and keep up the good work!

CountZer0
Nice To Meet you. Welcome.
Welcome M8 Smile
Welcome mate.
Python is like the easiest language in the universe barring all the lambda/functional stuff ripped off Lisp. Is the source for this project freely available?
edit: oh and welcome. derp.
Python version is gonna be used as prototyping (packet testing and so) Bay.
releases are planned on C++.

source will be released among devs or open when a initial "stable" version works (simplest auth+margin+world).
It's good to know we have a community with the will to help out. I also believe that time spent delegating work is time well spent since obviously no, One man can take on this challenge on his free time .
Thank you all for nice welcome Smile

(04-27-2010, 06:02 AM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]Python version is gonna be used as prototyping (packet testing and so) Bay.
releases are planned on C++.

Ok, understand. Good to know, thanks to the god of dreams Cool
Hello!
Sorry for the late delay. Welcome.