Hardline Dreams - A Python Matrix Online Server Project

Full Version: I haz an idea!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I will say One thing: The PR guy, pfft < Technically thats me. i say :O *cries* insulted! Tongue

Yeah it doesn't seem like a good idea for business to WBIE. So theyd tell you to go to hell. Sadly. But yeah

Thanks for the idea though

Val
I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the Idea, I still like the idea. But the math! I took the total ANNUAL cost, and divided it my the MONTHLY income!

I figured this out just now when I was wondering how much it would cost if the working people were making $24,000 annual. And I came up with 1500 subscribers. Hold on let me re-crunch the numbers from before and see what I get

I'm going to show my work So I know I can't screw it up this time.
1) $30,000 for 4 employees plus $30,000 annual operating costs does NOT equal 180,000 annually it's 150,000.
2) $150,000 divided by 12 (months) so I know how much MxO inc. would need to make to operate gives me 12,500
3) Divide that by 7 (amount per sub) and you get 1,786.

1,786. That is a FAR more reasonable number. I bet this community alone could convince 1800 (including current forum members) to play MxO reloaded. Hell, I personally know 3 other people that would sub this game if it came back out.

BTW. For all those saying WB or SOE would never agree to it. No one's asked yet. Sure they'd probably say no but I still think it's worth a shot.

Oh! and now my desk is covered with post-it notes that have numbers scrawled all over them like I'm some kind of mental patent.
(01-29-2010, 02:35 AM)Tornadic Wrote: [ -> ]I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the Idea, I still like the idea. But the math! I took the total ANNUAL cost, and divided it my the MONTHLY income!

I figured this out just now when I was wondering how much it would cost if the working people were making $24,000 annual. And I came up with 1500 subscribers. Hold on let me re-crunch the numbers from before and see what I get

1) $30,000 for 4 employees plus $30,000 annual operating costs does NOT equal 180,000 annually it's 150,000.
2) $150,000 divided by 12 (months) so I know how much MxO inc. would need to make to operate gives me 12,500

1,786. That is a FAR more reasonable number. I bet this community alone could convince 1800 (including current forum members) to play MxO reloaded. Hell, I personally know 3 other people that would sub this game if it came back out.

Jesus christ, is anybody else getting the vibe that this guy works for SOE/WBIE or some other company interested in MxO??

Seriously, this guy seems hellbent on the emu going to a company to actualy work on this
Your idea is just not going to work out correct, 1800 people is still 1200 too many. I don't estimate more than 450 people tops that would resub.
(01-29-2010, 02:38 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2010, 02:35 AM)Tornadic Wrote: [ -> ]I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ, is anybody else getting the vibe that this guy works for SOE/WBIE or some other company interested in MxO??

Seriously, this guy seems hellbent on the emu going to a company to actualy work on this

I'm getting the vibe that he's going to rat us out to SOE/WBIE.
(01-29-2010, 02:43 AM)Twaggy Wrote: [ -> ]Your idea is just not going to work out correct, 1800 people is still 1200 too many. I don't estimate more than 450 people tops that would resub.

I'm not sure that there were that many people left right before the announcement of the end came up.

It's not that it's a bad idea, it's that it's just not plausible or prudent at this point in time.

Firstly, and most importantly, because WBIE will not give up the rights to this. I don't think they'd give it up for any amount of money, because this thing has made them SO MUCH MONEY in the past, they're going to hang on to it in the hopes that someday, more is added to it.

MxO was a joke (although it really shouldn't have been, it was awesome, but what do I know?). I can't see them wanting to dig up the coffin to let someone else root around inside, you know? They put this thing to rest, and they're glad.
Yama, I'd hate to come off insulting, but I think you missed my point. I'm not proposing some company buy MxO. I'm proposing the MxOEmu devs acquire the legal rights to operate this game. I know SOE screwed MxO, but they also screwed Star wars. A company founded and operated by this game's fans, could (and I assume you may agree here) be trusted to not, Um, Fuck our asses with hot iron.

I'd just like to say one more number: 733

733 this is the number of people currently registered to this very forum. If every one of those people resubed, just to see if it was any good (possible), and got 2 other people to play (not likely) we'd be over our required sub number. This is of course assuming that no other video game journalists would cover this (very, very unlikely).

And
(01-29-2010, 03:01 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that it's a bad idea, it's that it's just not plausible or prudent at this point in time.

Firstly, and most importantly, because WBIE will not give up the rights to this. I don't think they'd give it up for any amount of money, because this thing has made them SO MUCH MONEY in the past, they're going to hang on to it in the hopes that someday, more is added to it.
That's the beauty of this idea. Nobody is buying the rights to anything. They're letting whoever take the risk, have all the responsibility and liability, while still keeping the rights, cashing checks, and can pull the plug whenever they want. The ONLY real problem I see (from their perspective) is "who the hell are these people?" and "get everything ready and then we'll give you the code" and like I said, finding starting capital is hard.

One last little thing, I'm just a fan of MxO. it is easily the BEST MMO created (aesthetics aside) not because it's Matrix or Cyber punk, but because it did right what every other MMO has done wrong in every area of the game.
I'm personally insulted that you would insinuate that I would "rat you out". Do you know how stupid I'd have to be to kill the one last shot I have at playing the best MMO ever made?
(01-29-2010, 03:03 AM)Tornadic Wrote: [ -> ]Two things.
Yama, I'd hate to come off insulting, but I think you missed my point. I'm not proposing some company buy MxO. I'm proposing the MxOEmu devs acquire the legal rights to operate this game. I know SOE screwed MxO, but they also screwed Star wars. A company founded and operated by this game's fans, could (and I assume you may agree here) be trusted to not, Um, Fuck our asses with hot iron.

I'd just like to say one more number: 733

733 this is the number of people currently registered to this very forum. If every one of those people resubed, just to see if it was any good (possible), and got 2 other people to play (not likely) we'd be over our required sub number. This is of course assuming that no other video game journalists would cover this (very, very unlikely).

One last little thing, I'm just a fan of MxO. it is easily the BEST MMO created (aesthetics aside) not because it's Matrix or Cyber punk, but because it did right what every other MMO has done wrong in every area of the game.

Every one of those people will not resub.
Half of those people probably aren't even regular visitors.
Half of that probably haven't even looked at this site since the first time they created an account.
Some portion of those people just signed up to talk trash and say that it can't be done.
It'd be nice to trick SOE into giving up all the code to shorten our wait for a full working MxO, but not worth the risk. That's like going back to the pods to be freed.
(01-29-2010, 03:09 AM)Vesuveus Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be nice to trick SOE into giving up all the code to shorten our wait for a full working MxO, but not worth the risk. That's like going back to the pods to be freed.

Ves with the Matrix Analogy FTW!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6