Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recursion Packets...
01-28-2010, 09:37 PM,
RE: Recursion Packets...
(01-28-2010, 02:45 AM)Valaro Wrote: And again rajko to take your smartness back down a peg where it belongs, your a contradiction to yourself!

You helped out. Quit because your a quitter and left Morpheus alone. why not help build the community by HELPING Morpheus.

i lost my interest in the game about the time when they stopped making the cutscenes in 3d, so, a long time ago. i would log in sometimes to see what new criticals were out, and play the archived criticals of the 2 other orgs, but thats it.

2 years before the game ended, i was really interested in it and worked hard for 3 months reversing and documenting stuff, which didnt get me anywhere at the time, but later helped during the crunch.

the a month before game ended neo contacted me regarding details of the twofish encryption i posted on the old mxoemu forums before they got shut down, because i lost interest. so i sent him the entire source code i had and all my reversing documentation/ida pro files. he couldnt do anything with it. since it really was THE END, i decided to try and save the game, so i crunched for that last month and figured out almost everything regarding auth/margin, without which you wouldnt be able to mess around with world packets now like morpheus is doing.

so yeah i didnt just "help out", if i didnt do what i did, morpheus wouldnt be able to get past the first packet from client to auth (and trying to skip the launcher and load client.dll manually is nearly impossible).

the reason im not doing it anymore is because i have more important projects that take up my time (college as well), after i finish those, morpheus should have more information about packets, so that i can resume coding the emu properly(there isnt enough data about packets atm to start coding worthwhile implementations)

search and replace hex strings in packets may work so far, just to "wow" the crowd with movement/other things, but it's not a long term solution.
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM,
hey everyone, no need to get bitchy/defensive with who is helping and who ain't. We are all here, we continue despite what SOE did. We shouldn't have lil cat fights saying "YOU QUITTER!" and "IF IT WASNT FOR ME YOU WOULDNT BE THIS FAR!" the point is, MxO still has a little life and will one day rise from it's own ashes like a Phoenix. We all help and contribute in our own way.

Speaking of which, MxOe should be nicknamed Project Phoenix.... hehe just a thought or maybe call the final server (if and when its made) Project Phoenix server lol.
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
01-28-2010, 11:30 PM,
No Twaggy its OK.

For once you don't answer something with DURR Rajko. If you answered more questions like you did just there, perhaps more people would have respect for you. And because you answered with nothing but truth and yes even a little respect. Then I apologise for what I said earlier in the forums.

Thanks

Val
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM,
I feel the love!

Anyway, yeah I be studying it again. Gave me a headache last night however...
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
01-29-2010, 04:25 AM,
the DURRR is because of burn out, im an admin on a 50k user forum as well (only read a few sections tho), and its very tiring when the answer to 80% of noobs questions is "Read Upgrade/Instructions.txt" or "Search the forum"
01-29-2010, 04:28 AM,
Well, at least we're keeping the drama rama of MxO alive. *laughs*
01-29-2010, 07:25 AM,
i don't post a lot, i miss the technical chat that the Dev's used to put up. i mainly drop in check for them and drop out. Also agree that if packet design is not figured out we are going no where fast.
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM,
(01-28-2010, 09:37 PM)rajkosto Wrote: i lost my interest in the game about the time when they stopped making the cutscenes in 3d, so, a long time ago. i would log in sometimes to see what new criticals were out, and play the archived criticals of the 2 other orgs, but thats it.

2 years before the game ended, i was really interested in it and worked hard for 3 months reversing and documenting stuff, which didnt get me anywhere at the time, but later helped during the crunch.

the a month before game ended neo contacted me regarding details of the twofish encryption i posted on the old mxoemu forums before they got shut down, because i lost interest. so i sent him the entire source code i had and all my reversing documentation/ida pro files. he couldnt do anything with it. since it really was THE END, i decided to try and save the game, so i crunched for that last month and figured out almost everything regarding auth/margin, without which you wouldnt be able to mess around with world packets now like morpheus is doing.

so yeah i didnt just "help out", if i didnt do what i did, morpheus wouldnt be able to get past the first packet from client to auth (and trying to skip the launcher and load client.dll manually is nearly impossible).

the reason im not doing it anymore is because i have more important projects that take up my time (college as well)...

At all it was good that rajko choose to help us . If he had not helped us, there wouldnt be a reality to play offline in the matrix.

And this wasnt easy , rajko first dont wanted to know anything about it.

But i was suprised that he helped us, and at the end..if he werent there in the right moment, we hadnt auth, margin and world decrypted and havent a real chance to bring a mxo emu working.

If morpheus and rajko had earlier the contact (3 years ago^^), i bet the emu would be know ready lol Smile

At me its the same , i have many other projects which are important for me and working takes much time too .

i try to help morpheus when i can. So i understand rajko, and for us it is no problem. We have a base where we can go further in Development without help of rajko.

(01-28-2010, 09:37 PM)rajkosto Wrote: morpheus should have more information about packets, so that i can resume coding the emu properly(there isnt enough data about packets atm to start coding worthwhile implementations)

search and replace hex strings in packets may work so far, just to "wow" the crowd with movement/other things, but it's not a long term solution.

Atm there are a lots of new information about the packets , Morpheus doenst use only the packet logs, he debug the client to see what the packet does and where it goes in the code.

On this way he mastered the 04 Protocol.

So only until scatman release the "replace value" solution will be there, after this the process packet structure will change , cause morpheus found out new things (like how a 04 packet is completly build).

If we understand how the 03 Packet format is completly build, we have good base to have a long term solution Smile

And one thing on morpheus :
i have big respekt to him....he is working hard on the mxo emu, with success Smile every week i get new messages about things from him and i often say "woahh...wtf" Big Grin
01-29-2010, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM by Neo VII.)
(01-28-2010, 01:32 AM)Morpheus Wrote: To be honest, you dont need too much coding experience (maybe c++ helps a bit) but you need some number loving skill, some nature sight of patterns on numbers and a good (strong) knowledge of hexadecimal language.

(01-28-2010, 02:47 AM)Twaggy Wrote: I am catching up with my C++ too, I did learn a fair bit around 5 years ago but just like my french... I forgot it all. I am now relearning...

(01-28-2010, 02:52 AM)Metalogic Wrote: Will you be my C++ mentor? There are a few things I'm lost on as I'm reading this book. *laughs*

I'm getting pretty decent at C++ and reading Hex. I've been getting pretty good at predicting the next output of the door that will come next. Especially if a door is right underneath or on top of the other, like in the project buildings.

Example: ee 0e 10 05, next floor up-dd 0e 10 05...what will be above?
Yay, your right! cc 0e 10 05

Harder example: 8e 06 10 05, next floor up-7d 06 10 05...what will be above?
Yay, your right! 6c 06 10 05
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM,
i explained 04 in a thread in "Packets World" forum before the huge downtime thing, now its gone because backup was before that
04 is easy, because its all just RPC (remote procedure call), like setxp (xp), and their subpackets and size is clearly defined
the problem is that 03 are serialized object view dumps (as a bitstream), with no defined size bytes, because the server expects the client to fully understand everything, and stop parsing when its done, then carry on parsing the rest of the packet (in most cases, 04 comes AFTER 03, so if we dont know 100% of 03, we cant just "skip" it and parse the 04, which contains reliable data that cant be skipped)
if 04 only came BEFORE 03, we would have no problem, as we could just parse the 04 at the beginning and skip 03 sections that we dont understand, its all unreliable data anyway, like position and velocity updates, that will be resent anyway