Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matrix Online (SOE) Final Days!
01-20-2010, 04:53 AM,
RE: Matrix Online (SOE) Final Days!
I mainly just hung around with my faction, and killed some Agents, went to Mara C. I took ALOT of screenshots because at the time I didn't really know about MxOE. During the final hours, I was in Club Hel, and then my faction went to a HL in Richland (I forgot where), and we just hung out with each other until we were meat wadded.

That was a sad day, and to be honest, I was taken aback by it. MxO was my home since the first Anniversary with the sleepwalkers, I've made friends, enemies, I've RP'd, PvP'd. I knew it was coming, but after my client closed out for that time, it was like a ton of bricks has hit me.

When I'm not at work, or helping out with MxOE in anyway that I can, I try my best to get the word out on how much SOE sucks.
01-20-2010, 05:40 AM,
true -
when I saw Surrogates is was like watching us all get unplugged again but in the real ...
it still hurts to walk in that area in Tabor Park (the last day for me and the Watchmen)
I even have the coords for me
831, 1 , 569
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
01-20-2010, 05:51 AM,
I will tell you this, there hasn't been an MMO created yet that stacks up to MxO. I've tried WoW, EvE, Runescape, CoX, Runes of Magic, etc. However, it always feels like something was missing.
01-20-2010, 06:29 AM,
I'm with Meta. Post-MxO I reverted back to my singleplayer games, recently its been Dragon Age on Xbox 360, but I still long to open some Kung Fu whoop ass on some unsuspecting Lupine or Vampire. All else fails going Duelist on some of the hostile locals.
01-20-2010, 02:52 PM,
I'm not a big gamer but I've learned this about MMOs: they don't live up to the hype. But it seems like the gaming communities expect the game to bring everything. The game is like the car; you gotta drive the damn thing! There were about 2 years in MxO where I was driving like Ricky Bobby. I loved the game knowing full well its shortcomings.
01-27-2010, 03:04 AM,
I was slowing down MxO during the last months but hearing that it was going to an end was a real shock. I was and i am allways a huge fan of the Matrix. Honestly i never really think of the day it would end.
I remember i slept a few hours and came back in game since i am around GMT time.
I took many screenshots of all my characters to remember.
I remember Starschwar was asking "where could we go for the last moments" and we ended at tabor park all in a line with The Watchmen. And then Poof! .. meat wadded..
I was listening at Catzi Radio and i will allways remember the music that was in it. The music stopped almost exactly at the time we got the message "wake up".
Then i went to MSN and i realised the MxO era was finished... at least the SOE era eheh.

*cross fingers* i can't wait to see many old mxo players in game when MxoEmu will be ready.
Agent Johnson: It's him.
Agent Thompson: The anomaly.
Agent Jackson: Do we proceed?
Agent Johnson: Yes...
Agent Thompson: ...he is still...
Agent Jackson: ...only human.