Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview)
10-29-2010, 07:45 PM,
Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview)
Check it out Wink

http://kotaku.com/5674721/when-an-mmo-dies
11-02-2010, 01:52 AM,
RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview)
I saw that, and it brought back alot of memories. Most of them good, some of them bad. I'll never forgive Myers and the way he screwed us.
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM,
(11-02-2010, 01:52 AM)Metalogic Wrote: I saw that, and it brought back alot of memories. Most of them good, some of them bad. I'll never forgive Myers and the way he screwed us.

Yeah, I can see how the devs were sad because of the work they put into the game, but for those reasons alone they should have realized the emotional investment the players put into the game and handled those rough times with better communication. They dragged us through the mud because they knew we'd hold on and for that I hold a grudge. Bad business. Fuck SOE.
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM,
seeing APB at the bottom of the graph made me laugh,mostly because i felt like a jackass for buying it.

APB great concept + piss poor execution = (very) quick shutdown
[Image: sigff.png]
11-08-2010, 04:38 AM,
(11-07-2010, 05:09 PM)Brooklyn Wrote: seeing APB at the bottom of the graph made me laugh,mostly because i felt like a jackass for buying it.

APB great concept + piss poor execution = (very) quick shutdown

Wow, APB is already shut down? Really?
11-08-2010, 06:11 AM,
old news.

i'm sorry but i didnt have a pc which can handle that, so i cant recode a server for APB.

rofl.
11-08-2010, 07:29 AM,
(11-08-2010, 06:11 AM)Morpheus Wrote: old news.

i'm sorry but i didnt have a pc which can handle that, so i cant recode a server for APB.

rofl.

LOL. Well I've heard it was a crappy game anyways. I've heard the people running it tried nickle and dime the players.
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM,
(11-08-2010, 07:29 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 06:11 AM)Morpheus Wrote: old news.

rofl.

LOL. Well I've heard it was a crappy game anyways. I've heard the people running it tried nickle and dime the players.

Why bother putting work into an MMO if they are gonna handle it like shit. Not like SOE who bought it and then strangled MxO.

I've also heard arguements that MxO's shutdown would have been this quick if not for SOE. Damn double edge swords!
11-08-2010, 12:29 PM,
Yeah, SOE buying MxO and whatever else came in the package deal definitely saved MxO. I think I read somewhere that 'lith was literally about to implode.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM,
(11-08-2010, 12:29 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Yeah, SOE buying MxO and whatever else came in the package deal definitely saved MxO. I think I read somewhere that 'lith was literally about to implode.

Yea, I will give SOE the credit for keeping MxO alive, but they only kept it alive, they didn't try to improve it and tried to spend as little money as possible on it. They basically kept it on life support while slowly starving it.