Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A NPC zoo video
08-31-2010, 06:05 PM,
A NPC zoo video
I've been working on and off on view spawn packets. I figured out how to spawn various NPC's. So, I made a little video showing the NPC's and things I've spawned. These are guy's you may face in the future. Please Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqIAkl5KlsQ
08-31-2010, 10:41 PM,
RE: A NPC zoo video
Looks cool Smile

Can't read the titles above their heads...do they name them by gang name?
09-01-2010, 02:38 AM,
Sorry about that, my uncompressed video shows it fine, but it is also a gig in size.

I have no idea what their actual names are. The names are ones that I generated to reveal the code to produce the spawn. Also they are arranged by position or semi consecutive order to see if there was a pattern to their appearance.

(08-31-2010, 10:41 PM)Sixxth Wrote: Looks cool Smile

Can't read the titles above their heads...do they name them by gang name?
09-01-2010, 03:26 AM,
Awesome work.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
09-01-2010, 01:28 PM,
nice please explain more
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM,
This is basically a continuation of me trying to understand the spawn packet. I found a couple new (to me) fields in the packet that basically effect appearance of the spawn. So I spawned a whole bunch of them simultaneously, named and positioned them according to the bytes I used to create them, looking for patterns. Currently I'm only changing two bytes in the packet, but I suspect there is a third. This is by far not all of the spawn permutations, but it had some interesting ones.

I had never seen the smokey looking creature before, has anyone run into it in game? He's pretty awesome looking and even has his own sound effects.
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM,
Yeah, he's a corrupter. Sometimes they'd spawn over in Bathory Row.

Big badass, and you'd need a team of people to take one down. I think they were level 70, or maybe even 100?
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM,
Yep, 100. I remember when they used to just spawn near you and one hit from them takes like 93% of your HP. During the winter event, perhaps?
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
09-02-2010, 07:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM by Morpheus.)
good work ,but stop doing so. you can do a proper zoo/collection thing (no need to guess).

They are 4 bytes (so 4 pair of XX numbers) long id's and come from the packmap_save.lta from moa files where their path is /anything/NPC/anything.
umm and they are with the opposite endianness (i mean, they are "reversed").

cant explain it more deeply now as i'm at work Tongue
Check it out if you can Wink
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM,
So are you telling me that I should stop working on view spawn packets? Has it already been cracked and understood? As I asked before, is this in a Wiki somewhere?