Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New MMOFPS (Well MMOTPS)
06-26-2010, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2010, 12:49 PM by Zenom199.)
New MMOFPS (Well MMOTPS)
Hey if you havent heard already a new GTA style online game is launching on the 29th. Its called APB or All Points Bulletin and its a third person shooter. I'll link some vids from youtube that explain this gameplay and unique character customization system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_O7JSsIEM - Gameplay Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLLi37y6e...re=related = Gameplay Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXcYlos8...re=related - Character and vehicle customization

There is another great video that explains how the game works, cant find it but ill try and explain. Pretty much each server can support 100k players. each server has 3 districts, a social district (to chat, customise and buy stuff) and two action districts to pvp and mission in. each action district can support 100 players and the social can support 250. So what they have done is instanced these districts so once a district fills up another identical instance is created. so when you log in there is multiple action and social districts you can connect to. another great thing about this game is the character customization tool as seen in the third video. You dont have the usual 10 heads, 5 body type, 20 hairs styles etc to choose from to make a semi unique char. in this game everything is 100% customizable, even ur clothes. it allows u to make a truelly unique character. Another thing to note is you can make micro payments, so instead of paying for a 30day unlimited usage like most mmo's u can pay for small hour blocks instead. which are used when in the action districts, all social distract usage is free.

Its a game that has been in development for 5 years so there is alot of other cool things in this game that I cant be bothered listing, just watch the vids and decided for yourself.

So check it out and if your quick u can pre-order it now and get into the early release which starts at 9am EST this Saturday (like 10 hours from now) and get cool pre order unique items and 50 hours of free play time.

*NOTE* If you order from the main website beware that it will redirect you to either the US/EU version automatically by IP and wont give you a choice. If you dont like where it redirects you can order it from Steam, Direct2Drive and the EA store instead.
[Image: Zenomwb.png]
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM,
RE: New MMOFPS (Well MMOTPS)
great idea,great looking game...

bad payment /fees options....

at least imo
06-27-2010, 02:55 PM,
Game lacks content and has super over powered weapons. Unless they make major changes from the beta the game is not about skill (like how it's supposed to be) but more about who has the bigger weapon.
[Image: screenshot_0-3.jpg]
06-27-2010, 05:15 PM,
Yeah ive been playing the pre release since last night on and off and ive noticed weapons make a big difference. But there is skill involved, finding good spots to cover objectives, good use of grenades and strathing/taking cover while shooting separates the pros from the nubs. Besides win or lose missions u still progress and eventually unlock the better weapons.
[Image: Zenomwb.png]
06-28-2010, 01:49 PM,
the thing that got me to buy it was all the customization stuff that your able to do.my big question is how long will APBs run will be,like morph said the payment options are funky.but all in all it looks really grate.I just hope the developers look at all the other "lets runaround a big city RPG's" so they can see what to do and what not to do.
[Image: sigff.png]
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM,
will lose 1/2 it's base within the first 3 months cause all APB is is one massive PVP game. Not worth the $$$ it takes to buy it personally (played the beta for 120+ hours)
[Image: screenshot_0-3.jpg]
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM,
Worse failure(imo):

http://kotaku.com/5573331/apb-voice-chat-will-have-ads

(worse is not having them, but having a PAID option to remove them.... -.-)
06-29-2010, 09:23 AM,
now why the hell cant they do billboards and ad spaces like MXO.i liked the ad spaces it added real character to the games environment with out distorting the game play.
[Image: sigff.png]
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM,
(06-29-2010, 09:23 AM)Brooklyn Wrote: now why the hell cant they do billboards and ad spaces like MXO.i liked the ad spaces it added real character to the games environment with out distorting the game play.

except when audible ones showed up in popular HL spots.
07-20-2010, 09:59 AM,
(06-29-2010, 09:23 AM)Brooklyn Wrote: now why the hell cant they do billboards and ad spaces like MXO.i liked the ad spaces it added real character to the games environment with out distorting the game play.

Those generally don't generate enough revenue, hence MxO shutting down.

City of Heroes/Villains has in-game ads, which can be disabled, by player options. They don't disrupt the game, and seeing a Nike ad or Burger King on a billboard doesn't seem out of place. However, even the developers in the past have said it isn't a massive source of income, even with a large playerbase.