Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monolith and WBIE
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM,
RE: Monolith and WBIE
Quote:We acquired Monolith Productions in 2005. That was the first time we moved into the game business. We bought it for The Matrix Online massively multiplayer online game. It was an early move into those games. That game didn’t work out well. But that was the first step into the video game game business.

I don't know what happened between BETA and the final product before it's cancellation, but I remember and still have my 4 or 5 CD BETA copy of MxO, and those were truly fun times. Advertisement was horrible, and no incentive to attract a large audience, as well as, for me atleast, ruining gameplay by editing combat entirely, rather then small adjustments or improvements.

I remember when a level 1 mob could not touch a level 20+ Player Character. I also remember after SoE when in the same instance, the level 5 NPC succesfully attacked and damaged the Operative, even though he was in his Defensive stance.

I also remember when a level 15 could kill another player far beyond his own level, if his skill, items, and equipment was correct.

If this Emu were to come to life, would it be oldschool or newschool?

Also, interesting find. I did not know Warner Bros. bought monolith. Go figure? So why the change's that ruined (or in some people's opinion, made better) the combat system?

Messages In This Thread
Monolith and WBIE - by Neo - 06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
RE: Monolith and WBIE - by xMDSx - 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
RE: Monolith and WBIE - by Zenom199 - 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM
RE: Monolith and WBIE - by Morpheus - 06-26-2010, 10:57 PM
RE: Monolith and WBIE - by TRX - 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM