Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
05-27-2010, 06:03 AM,
RE: Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
Good Luck to Morpheus in his exams and Neo and his wife! Just had to say that Smile
"Don't think you are, know you are..."
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM,
(05-26-2010, 11:10 PM)Metalogic Wrote: Ok, so I get why y'all don't want to help TasteeWheat full time, y'all want to develop your own code for your own server. I get that, I do. However, I don't think that's the right approach to this situation. I mean let's be honest, Matrix Online community isn't that big to begin with, I don't think we even had a million subscriber at any point during our Monolith and Sony days. Syntax was probably the only server out of the three that had the highest population.

I'd like to keep the community together as much as possible because of our small population, and it seems like everyone is in agreement with that notion. I just think that sometimes, you have to do what's best for the community, and I think what's best for the community is for all of us to have one project that we can focus on.

So far that seems to be TasteeWheat's project because he's showing actual progress. I jacked in last night, and I had fun chatting with old friends and seeing old faces. There was the issues of lag, but I do believe that is on TW's list of things to take care of.

Neo and Morpheus are free to do what they want to do, all I'm saying is maybe think about the implication of their decision.

But Meta, you don't appear to get it.

I mean, it's all well and good to say "everyone work together," but that doesn't always work. Foundationally (yeah, I made up a word), because of the differences in code, and the fact that Neo and Morph (as they stated) just plain don't like Raj's code.

I'm not sure how you think two separate servers will divide the community. Whoever finishes first is where the community will go. Then when the other team finishes, the community will check that out.

MxO will never be what it once was in terms of user base and roleplay. I've actually gone so far as to retire my characters. That said, if I can ever find free time (full time job + 1yr old + relationship = no free time), I fully intend to mess around with the emu once again like I used to, but it's not looking too good.

That said, all teams keep up the good work.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM,
(if people are worried about the emu canning)Maybe spreading the word that this project exists might help shock some life back into the emu.I'v noticed that every time that someone makes a video the emu gets a surge of 25-100 members how many of those members will be active on the forums i don't know,Thats the trick is getting em to stay and you've got to remember that each new member could be potential help with the coding.
[Image: sigff.png]
05-29-2010, 08:49 PM,
"We currently have 913 members registered & 356 active users"

You got it.. about 1/3 to 1/2

i wonder why only ~50 (as much) of us post sometimes.

Anyway, i would make videos if we had something to show, like when prototype01 was done.
05-30-2010, 06:28 PM,
very nice, i hope it will be good that your secret project Smile Smile , and hope for betatest Smile
[Image: chefsig.png]
06-04-2010, 08:31 AM,
(05-29-2010, 08:49 PM)Morpheus Wrote: i would make videos if we had something to show, like when prototype01 was done.

Looking forward to that! Smile
"Don't think you are, know you are..."
06-04-2010, 01:13 PM,
atm i just take photos xD.

is less work for showing things too Tongue.

And is not impressive to show how i "decode" a mxo file rofl..

from outside it could look even boring!.
06-17-2010, 02:05 PM,
I'm still here. I got playing EVE these last couple weeks. My computer's started acting up again, so I might have to reformat yet again... Been looking for an excuse to get a new one. Maybe this is it.

Start school next month. 6 hours a week til Sept. More boost threading. Then full-time til May I suppose. Then I should have some sort of paper to start a career.
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM,
I may be wrong, but our current server has no place for boost libaries xD....

So dont die studying it Tongue
06-17-2010, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM by Parallax.)
Lol I won't Morph. I can do Windows style too if that would help Smile I wrote my whole project in windows but couldn't get the Mutex to work or something and scrapped the whole thing and rewrote it with boost. Turned out it was exactly the same thing. And I learned how threading worked in the process.

Besides, don't boost always have a place? Isn't just like an open-source version so you don't have to rely on Windows code?