Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MxO Final Hour Videos
05-02-2010, 02:32 AM,
MxO Final Hour Videos
So apparently there is a ton of videos on Youtube showinng the final hour of MxO. Am I the only one who can't watch these videos? I know it's been eight months since SOE closed down the servers, but I still can't watch the videos because they just fill me with a sadness. Sad
05-02-2010, 02:54 AM,
RE: MxO Final Hour Videos
Aww (N)
Somebody Tell Me, Why It Feels More Real When I Dream Than When I Am Awake

[Image: thekiddd.png]

05-02-2010, 05:39 AM,
I don't bother watching them because I know I would get the same feeling I had when it shut down live. The sense for me is one of confusion and dismay. I still to this day feel that MXO was the game that could have been something great. I'm not talking about the great "WoW killer" but damn City of Heroes has been on for almost as long as MXO was and yet even though the same complaints of "no rp content" often comes up i have to hand it to these guys, at least they don't let the game get boring. They have time and time again revamped the game and have added tons of content. Serious you can level cap and still there is stuff you can do.

I believe that MXO had the same capacity and even more it had a story base that was unique. I do believe had the powers that be had the same attitude as the ones in CoH, we would have still had MXO even today and who knows? With that same attitude we would have played in a better revamped version of the game.

The old excuse that the programming language of MXO was a big mystery was just an excuse to let the game die.

So no , i wouldn't watch those "final hour" videos because for me its just a reminder of what was lost.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
05-02-2010, 11:49 AM,
(05-02-2010, 02:32 AM)Metalogic Wrote: So apparently there is a ton of videos on Youtube showinng the final hour of MxO. Am I the only one who can't watch these videos? I know it's been eight months since SOE closed down the servers, but I still can't watch the videos because they just fill me with a sadness. Sad

Dude, no, you are most definitely not the only person that feels that way. Its pathetic how much I miss MxO. The stand alone server has been great to get me past the withdrawl of not having my MxO fix!

Praying that Morph and company can get back into Dev mode once their RL's settle out....

(05-02-2010, 05:39 AM)Barloke Wrote: .....The old excuse that the programming language of MXO was a big mystery was just an excuse to let the game die.

I had an interesting discussion with Rarebit that had something to do with this on his current website. That can be found here: http://smbhax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2166#p2166
05-02-2010, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM by ShaoX.)
Everything has a timeline in life. Even human's. We Are born, grow old, and we die.

The Matrix Online followed the natural Path. It led a good 4 years, and satisfied alot of people.
The Emulator here is for people who wish not to allow this order to take place. Once the EMU is complete, I will be going all over the internet, advertizing it. A sturdy, well-proclaimed player base will be in-effect, and the matrix will once again, start it's natural course.

So, to the TLDR of it is: watching the video's of the end do not make me sad, nor happy. But content. For some day it shall shine again.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
05-02-2010, 03:20 PM,
Interesting read where Rarebit was concerned. It is true that he had to basically work with what he had, meaning almost nothing. No tech support to basically speak of. As far as adding more stuff other that what was available it came down to the programming language and i could see how it was a big mystery to anyone (including me) that didn't knw much about programming language.

To me and alot of others that the excuse SOE had where they couldn't do ANYTHING with regards to MXO was what i have a hard time believing. There are tons of college students with that technical background that could have figured how to work with the game mechanics that by the time the game was on the outs was over four years old.

As far as the game dying a natural death, sorry but I think thats bullshit, the game didn't die , it was more like murdered. But as i said this is just my opinion (and there are a few that think that way as well) that MXO never really was handled well from WB for releasing the game out too soon with not enough advertising to SOE that basically , well you were there.
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM,
It was born with a disease. But we all still loved it with all our hearts. Regardless of what WB and SOE did. It's over now.

It's time to raise this EMU up without WB and SOE's help.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM,
Real MXO was coded in MS visual c++....

what's the mystery there?.... They could not pay another license? XDD.
05-02-2010, 10:50 PM,
That was pretty much the issue, you know I was getting suspicious when SOE started their excuses with "In these hard economic times..." the thing was even before the economic times they were cutting back on alot of things. I guess they saw MXO as not worthy of investment.

Amen ShaoX ! I would love to see this EMU get off the ground and have MXO treated as it should be. Maybe the game could be used to it's full potential this time around!

One only can hope.
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM,
this thread makes me sad. my sadness will not be mitigated until the EMU is up and running. T
[Image: gi.mpl?u=7080&f=mxoboard.JPG]sig needed...