Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Reaction.
04-09-2010, 07:53 AM,
RE: Your Reaction.
(04-09-2010, 12:29 AM)Morpheus Wrote: No and no, mainly.

Well we can separate npc patterns and see what they did, if logger camped near one mob... or fighting patterns. But... nothing more.

If we shall do it, expect noob foes (xD!).

OK, well I'll try not to get too discouraged, but it doesn't sound great : (

Of course you could always make them dumb but powerful so its a bit challenging lol.
04-09-2010, 08:03 AM,
newb question when the emu comes out will there be no npcs?
[Image: zyrthsig.png]
04-09-2010, 09:28 AM,
who knows...
04-09-2010, 09:56 AM,
Well, I'm glad we have someone willing to try and make this work. Seeing this project has actually made me start reading coding books. the idea intrigue me. Not that I'll ever be any help here. I have a different skill set loaded right now.
[Image: MxOSig.jpg]
04-09-2010, 11:21 AM,
The npcs in mxo were never really that intellegent anyway. Except for the fact they used abilitites higher then their level and could spam shieldbreak with no cooldown (most annoying bug imo). If you can get npcs to target and chase you once ur in range of them and then try to interlock. Then get them to spam two or three abilitites (at their level) thats about it. Walking into a room with 2-3 npcs who are just standing there and dont attack until u attack them would make missions a turkey shoot especially for hackers. We wont know till morpheus looks into it but I dont think it will be a huge issue.
[Image: Zenomwb.png]
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM,
I'm ashamed comming into this thread and seeing people actually requesting change's to the orginal game.

The server they have right now is fine. I'd be good without the combat. If they do get the combat up, it will be a good day.
But to come in here demanding these thing's is quite absurd.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM,
(04-09-2010, 02:12 PM)ShaoX Wrote: I'm ashamed comming into this thread and seeing people actually requesting change's to the orginal game.

The server they have right now is fine. I'd be good without the combat. If they do get the combat up, it will be a good day.
But to come in here demanding these thing's is quite absurd.

Who is demanding anything??? learn to read then comment. We are just discussing elements of the game and what we did/didnt like and what we think can be implemented in the emu. Mxo was full of bugs that SOE couldnt be bothered to fix because they didnt have the staff on the team to do it. If morpheus can find a way to fix bugs or improve on features the community as a whole agress on then why shouldnt he? Remember this is a discussion only.

Seriously it would be good without combat?? are you for real. No combat makes mxo a glorified chat room. I can tell you right now if combat isnt working no one will return. You cant even do decent RP without combat.
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM,
Edit: Id also suggest making hyperspeed available at a much lower level.. like 5 maybe. I found running around using sprint which chews IS like crazy at low level was a pain. Also remove the restriction to not allow missions in richland between 13 - 33 (i think that was it). i hate having to move and found the first couple levels out of richland hard due to the gang levels. Just my two cents on possible changes. Im sure everyone will have their own opinion.

You, actually. You obviously never played the game before it was shutdown, and if you actually enjoyed it as much as others did, you too would agree that just being able to play the game once again is golden.

I'm not saying combat shoulden't be implented, but there are other core element's that should be worked on, first.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
04-09-2010, 02:45 PM,
(04-09-2010, 02:32 PM)ShaoX Wrote: Edit: Id also suggest making hyperspeed available at a much lower level.. like 5 maybe. I found running around using sprint which chews IS like crazy at low level was a pain. Also remove the restriction to not allow missions in richland between 13 - 33 (i think that was it). i hate having to move and found the first couple levels out of richland hard due to the gang levels. Just my two cents on possible changes. Im sure everyone will have their own opinion.

You, actually. You obviously never played the game before it was shutdown, and if you actually enjoyed it as much as others did, you too would agree that just being able to play the game once again is golden.

I'm not saying combat shoulden't be implented, but there are other core element's that should be worked on, first.

What dont you understand about the word "discussion" cause that is all this is. We are discussing things we did/did not like about the game. The reason i made that comment is some people want 100% or 200% xp increases or other major changes to the game. Personally i dont agree with major changes but minor ones that would encourage people to level up again I dont mind.

I played mxo for 2+ years before shutdown and I loved it and would be happy to play it again definitly. In saying that it was riddled with bugs that we learnt to live with because we knew soe wouldnt fix them. If morhpeus has an opportunity to work on them and the time i think it would be a good idea.

I dont understand why you think combat has a lower priority to other features. Morpheus already nutted out chat/interacting with other, logging into world server. From screenshots I have also seen him getting a vendor to work. This was all in the first version of the emu and now that they are starting again he has to redo but it will be alot easier. After these are redone the only other major components needed are inventory/clothing, combat and mission system/npc AI. I know there is alot more minor stuff/bug fixes needed which will take many months but im just outlining the major components needed. In my opinion combat is the single most important part due to its use in leveling/pvp/rppvp/grinding new items etc.

I think you misunderstood my intentions here and I hope this has cleared it up.
04-09-2010, 05:31 PM,
Just a think regarding NPC / Mobs. / Gangs.

I think its the same as it is with the Missions. Means we must use current NPC groups (thats right), but we have to place place them new again.

Maybe there is a list on the internet on a fansite where you find which mob is where lol.
[Image: neofinal.png]
HD is now 100% Reality Code independent.
Now margin server packet analyse . Status 5/15.