Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Matrix Discussion
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM,
General Matrix Discussion
So I watched Reloaded and Revolutions on DVD over the weekend, and some questions has popped into my mind.

1. Is The Oracle an exile or is she a machine program? We know Seraph is an exile, but it'd be interesting to see if The Oracle is one too.

2. What is a VDT?
03-01-2010, 10:41 AM,
RE: General Matrix Discussion
VDT? What is it in reference to?

Well the Oracle id say is a Machine Program. The Architect is aware of her presence and stated that she was necessary to create the "perfect" imperfect Matrix to ensure Power stability. However the System would perhaps accept her loss, hence why she choose an Exile program to guard her. And isn't it true Seraph was once an Agent in an old iteration of The Matrix?
03-01-2010, 10:46 AM,
(03-01-2010, 10:41 AM)Valaro Wrote: VDT? What is it in reference to?

Well the Oracle id say is a Machine Program. The Architect is aware of her presence and stated that she was necessary to create the "perfect" imperfect Matrix to ensure Power stability. However the System would perhaps accept her loss, hence why she choose an Exile program to guard her. And isn't it true Seraph was once an Agent in an old iteration of The Matrix?

In Revolution, the gray haired Captain asked the medical officer (I forgot her name already) if Bane been tested for VDTs.
03-01-2010, 10:51 AM,
No idea then man. sorry.
03-01-2010, 11:23 AM,
(03-01-2010, 10:30 AM)Metalogic Wrote: 2. What is a VDT?

VDT stands for "virtual" delirium tremens, in the fictional world of The Matrix.

Conventional, real-world delirium tremens (colloquially, the DTs, "the horrors", "the shakes" or "rum fits") is a condition usually associated with complete alcohol withdrawal. However, delirium tremens can appear after a rapid reduction in the amount of alcohol being consumed by heavy drinkers, and also occurs as a complication of benzodiazepine and barbiturate withdrawal. It only occurs in individuals with a history of constant, long-term alcohol consumption. Delirium tremens typically manifests about 18 to 24 hours after discontinuation of alcohol consumption, but can appear on the second or third day of abstinence.

The symptoms include severe, uncontrollable tremors of the extremities and intense hallucinations such as insects, snakes or rats. These may be related to the environment, e.g., drawings on wallpaper that the patient would perceive as giant spiders ready to attack her or him. Unlike hallucinations associated with schizophrenia, delirium tremens hallucinations are primarily visual, but associated with tactile hallucinations such as sensations of something crawling on the subject. Other symptoms include agitation, confusion and the associated alcohol withdrawal fits. Secondary symptoms can be anxiety, panic attacks or paranoia.

In the world of The Matrix, Zionists (real-world humans fighting the machines that have enslaved the vast majority of humanity who are keep contained in the Matrix) who are completely submerged into a virtual environment could suffer virtual delirium tremens, or withdrawal symptons from leaving the virtual environment.

In the film The Matrix Revolutions, the character of Maggie uses the term VDTs when asked about the status of Bane, whose real-world bbody is under control of Agent Smith
[Image: rej03.jpg]
03-01-2010, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2010, 12:36 PM by Morpheus.)
I got another question.

hoy much probability of survival has a baby after one dead (old) body has been liquified and fed into him?

Cause i dunno if machines were able to eliminate 101% of diseases and microorganisms that populate our bodies and babies defenses are not grown until 6 months of age (average time human they should drink natural milk from boobz) and fully at 18 months.

According to above, did machines use some kind of natural milk for em?
According 2: how the machines "create" the babies huh? InterPod party?
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM,
(03-01-2010, 12:35 PM)Morpheus Wrote: I got another question.

hoy much probability of survival has a baby after one dead (old) body has been liquified and fed into him?

Cause i dunno if machines were able to eliminate 101% of diseases and microorganisms that populate our bodies and babies defenses are not grown until 6 months of age (average time human they should drink natural milk from boobz) and fully at 18 months.

I was always under the impression they were artificially inseminated and the cocoon was a womb of sorts. As far as feeding liquified dead to an infant that has me puzzled as well unless the Machines had some sort of "anti-virus" (see irony) for the infants.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
03-02-2010, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2010, 01:16 AM by cloudwolf.)
(03-01-2010, 04:09 PM)Barloke Wrote:
(03-01-2010, 12:35 PM)Morpheus Wrote: I got another question.

I was always under the impression they were artificially inseminated and the cocoon was a womb of sorts.

Ding ding, we have a winner!

Persephone was the one in charge of the process when bluepills made virtual love. Hence her temptress look and love of emotion.
(03-01-2010, 10:30 AM)Metalogic Wrote: So I watched Reloaded and Revolutions on DVD over the weekend, and some questions has popped into my mind.

1. Is The Oracle an exile or is she a machine program? We know Seraph is an exile, but it'd be interesting to see if The Oracle is one too.

Bit of both. She isn't part of Machine civilisation (so technically an exile) but she's definately tolerated by the Machines (being part of the One cycle and all).