Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio stations
02-27-2010, 05:34 AM,
RE: Radio stations
(02-27-2010, 04:51 AM)Gerik Wrote: =]

Radio + Thread = Cool radio thread

Maybe we can have someone [voice] record any updates we get and broadcast them 24/7 from time to time with music in-between, kinda like on loop with random tunes being played.

/2cents

Back when we ran a radio station (too close to the end) we did updates like that.

We'd host a fight night and then do the official announcements through the radio. Worked out well.

We also had spots we'd toss up for inter-faction RP. "Alert, xyz is occurring" or some such.
[Image: citylineidea.png]
02-27-2010, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 05:38 AM by Barloke.)
I always thought it was a cool idea if we could have on the spot news coverage for the radio stations as well. Would be cool to hear something like "we now take you to Kalt Towers where several assailents have taken over the building..." Maybe conduct an after action interview with eyewitnesses or something. I remember them doing something like that on the last day of Beta.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
02-27-2010, 06:20 AM,
i like the idea of having a radio station for the redpills, i think MXO shoulda taken advantage of the little radio button and played the roll of a subtle DJ sending out the message to the open ears, like on The Warriors.

also i spin music on my decks, love techno and all genres of electronica seeing as how Matrix is a heavy electronic enviroment filled with fighting and bondage clubs lol we could have some crazy rave mixes for parties and soundtracks to live events. the thing i like about the radio also is we can really use it for some interesting ideas if we think outside of the box.
02-27-2010, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 07:13 AM by Twaggy.)
settled then, seems I ain't the only DJ wanting to get back into the scene. Time we started work on a new station (when the time is right mind you :p)

For now I will look into setting up a news front with auto DJ mixed.
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
02-27-2010, 07:53 AM,
Yeah I have a few things to say on this.

I liked in game radio. THAT was an idea! A great one too! MxO was like well simply provide a link to an outside source, that way no copyright breach. AWESOME! If we have a radio station I dunno say call it: Emulated Code Radio or something can we have times where the music is actually from a genre. For example if a DJ DJ's live at a Party at the Vinyl, can we have it all one type? Rather than just random music floating about.

Plus an idea since new music was never introduced into the game, would it be possible to put together an "outer in game" soundtrack station? Like only for when your wandering around the Districts? I dunno crazy idea maybe? :S

And Gerik: LMAO

Val
02-27-2010, 08:32 AM,
Valaro thats exactly what i meant by thinking out of the box =] theres certain stuff we can do to the game with a the radio frequency that can be VERY interesting in the matrix universe. i completely agree with you on certain times we should have genre specific themes, i dont wanna be at club hel jamming to some Rammstein or Hocico and then "COMING UP NEXT WE GOT FOO FIGHTERS - MONKEY WRENCH"! yuck!

also just like you said, soundtracks to live events or 3rd party in game soundtrack lol very interesting. also maybe we could...this is kind of an experimental idea but maybe, we could use certain frequencies for missions we would develop on our own or story lines. completely experimental thinking of course. =P
02-27-2010, 08:47 AM,
Can anyone like Twaggy clarify is this is possible?
02-27-2010, 09:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 09:03 AM by Gerik.)
(02-27-2010, 08:32 AM)horsepants416 Wrote: "COMING UP NEXT WE GOT FOO FIGHTERS - MONKEY WRENCH"! yuck!

I'm really offended by this.

Its up the DJ with what they wanna play, most of the time they play any and everything to satisfy everyone there or they take requests from people. If you're gonna host a say "Rap Party" (lolRap), then yes, its a themed party and shouldn't be playing Foo Fighters or whatever. But if its just a "party" for whatever reason, like a weekly show, then its really whatever the DJ wants to play.

Also on mission music or whatever you're on about, that probably has to go by Neo & Morpheus, seems like its something they'd have to mess with.
02-27-2010, 09:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 09:19 AM by Brainwasher416.)
uh oh I forgot how touchy people are on music. lol I hope your not really offended, relax. I was going off of what Valaro was saying like if we are having a party at a specific club like for EXAMPLE Club Hel we should theme it off of the club. Club Hel was like a crazy gothic bondage club thats why i picked industrial music and excluded pop like Foo Fighter's(even tho I like the band). I just think it adds a depth to it and makes the feel a little more matrixy. But if it was a party at Mara C then yeah play anything you want, treat it just like a top 20 radio station if you feel like. Certain broadcasts should have themes is all I'm really trying to say.

and Val just my thoughts on the subject, i thought that each radio station was just like a link right? so maybe just individual links for certain areas that would just loop if you wanted to do a 3rd party soundtrack. The only thing I don't think it would be able to cue up with individuals and switch to certain songs when they enter combat so it would eliminate that element of it.
02-27-2010, 09:20 AM,
(02-27-2010, 09:16 AM)horsepants416 Wrote: uh oh I forgot how touchy people are on music. lol I hope your not really offended, relax. I was going off of what Valaro was saying like if we are having a party at a specific club like for EXAMPLE Club Hel we should theme it off of the club. Club Hel was like a crazy gothic bondage club thats why i picked industrial music and excluded pop like Foo Fighter's(even tho I like the band). I just think it adds a depth to it and makes the feel a little more matrixy. But if it was a party at Mara C then yeah play anything you want, treat it just like a top 20 radio station if you feel like. Certain broadcasts should have themes is all I'm really trying to say.

lol Nah I wasn't, but I do like them.

I see what you're saying, but again, its up to whoever is DJing and if they wanna do that or whoever is hosting the party.