Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help. Don't post if your gonna be a douche!
02-27-2010, 01:00 PM,
RE: I need help. Don't post if your gonna be a douche!
Wait, do you have both Appserv and MySQL Server installed at the same time?

If you didn't uninstall Appserv before installing the MySQL server, then they're going to do massive battle and destroy your Reality because they both are running Windows Services.
[Image: citylineidea.png]
02-27-2010, 01:04 PM,
(02-27-2010, 01:00 PM)Noxton Wrote: Wait, do you have both Appserv and MySQL Server installed at the same time?

If you didn't uninstall Appserv before installing the MySQL server, then they're going to do massive battle and destroy your Reality because they both are running Windows Services.

... Yes AppServ has been uninstalled.
[Image: Superman111994-sig.GIF]
02-27-2010, 01:21 PM,
You have to bear with me here, because I hadn't had any problems running this, and since it's not my software, I don't know it well enough to know where problems could arise.

So here's a comprehensive list of just some of the possible issues that come to mind. Some of these questions may seem stupid, but that's the nature of troubleshooting shit like this.

- In the MySQL Administrator, when you go down to the bottom and click on catalogs and then reality, does information actually populate there? (characters, inventory, rsidata, etc)

- Did you properly import 'reality.sql' into the MySQL database "reality?"

- Did you leave the "Binaries" folder in tact when you download it, or did you move the contents into another folder? You should be sure that you have this folder off on its own with exactly the same contents in it that were in it when you downloaded it. Make sure you're running 'Reality.exe' from the Binaries folder.

- Stupid question, but are you running Reality.exe on the same computer you're running the game on? You should be.

- Speaking of which, are you running Reality.exe or RealityMood.exe?

- Does your reality.conf have the correct server ( 'localhost' ), Database.Username (root) and Database.Password (what you created when you installed the MySQL server)? Does the database name match the database you created in MySQL? Is the case of the database exactly the same?

- You're running Matrix2.bat, not Matrix2.exe right?

- What OS are you running? Do you have admin access? If it's Vista, maybe make sure that you're running both Reality.exe and Matrix2.exe as Admin. Yes, make sure Matrix2.EXE is set to run as admin.

I dunno, honestly... Short of all of these inane things being the issue, something else is going on... Oh, did you also install the MySQL Gui tools?

We'll stop there and take it from there.
02-27-2010, 01:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 01:53 PM by Gerik.)
Use what was given to you in the first place and maybe some of us could actually help you a bit more.

Just sayin'.
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM,
- In the MySQL Administrator, when you go down to the bottom and click on catalogs and then reality, does information actually populate there? (characters, inventory, rsidata, etc)

YES

- Did you properly import 'reality.sql' into the MySQL database "reality?"

I DID HAVE AN ERROR... "The dump file was not created by MySQL Administrator and could contain unsupported syntax.
Hence we cannot restore its content.
You can override this behavior by enabling "Ignore errors" on the General page."
SO I PUT A CHECK NEXT TO "Ignore errors".

- Did you leave the "Binaries" folder in tact when you download it, or did you move the contents into another folder? You should be sure that you have this folder off on its own with exactly the same contents in it that were in it when you downloaded it. Make sure you're running 'Reality.exe' from the Binaries folder.

BINARIES IS STILL INTACT.

- Stupid question, but are you running Reality.exe on the same computer you're running the game on? You should be.

YES.

- Speaking of which, are you running Reality.exe or RealityMood.exe?

REALITYMOOD.exe- Does your reality.conf have the correct server ( 'localhost' ),

Database.Username (root) and Database.Password (what you created when you installed the MySQL server)? Does the database name match the database you created in MySQL? Is the case of the database exactly the same?

YES.

- You're running Matrix2.bat, not Matrix2.exe right?

YES.

- What OS are you running? Do you have admin access? If it's Vista, maybe make sure that you're running both Reality.exe and Matrix2.exe as Admin. Yes, make sure Matrix2.EXE is set to run as admin.

XP Pro 32bit. Admin rights.

I dunno, honestly... Short of all of these inane things being the issue, something else is going on... Oh, did you also install the MySQL Gui tools?

YES.
02-27-2010, 02:12 PM,
(02-27-2010, 02:02 PM)Superman111994 Wrote: I DID HAVE AN ERROR... "The dump file was not created by MySQL Administrator and could contain unsupported syntax.
Hence we cannot restore its content.
You can override this behavior by enabling "Ignore errors" on the General page."
SO I PUT A CHECK NEXT TO "Ignore errors".
I dissaprove that behaviour.
But as you couldnt get the appserv to work, i dunno how to solve that part. (not using commandline as in linux, of course).
02-27-2010, 02:22 PM,
I just hope I can get this working. "God" over on the other forum banned me from his beloved Reality because I got stuck in a building and gave my friend my password so he could use a modded file to "warp" through a door and get me out. That guy is a serious jerk. All started out with him talkin shit about my mother (who happens to be dead). So my friend, GuillermoLosa, stood up for me, which got him banned. Then, GuillermoLosa jacked in to the Matrix (on my account) when I was jacked in to tell me he got banned. Then I got banned, and am currently fighting him to get my account back.
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM,
This is a reach, but are you running any firewall programs? Did Windows Firewall ask you to "keep blocking" or "unblock" any of the programs used in this process?
02-27-2010, 02:36 PM,
(02-27-2010, 02:32 PM)Noxton Wrote: This is a reach, but are you running any firewall programs? Did Windows Firewall ask you to "keep blocking" or "unblock" any of the programs used in this process?

Yes, I have the Windows Firewall running. It never asked to "keep blocking" or "unblock".
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM,
Ha...your complaining on they're forums about the other forum. You fail hard.
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]