Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Story Ideas
03-04-2010, 01:44 AM,
RE: Possible Story Ideas
(03-04-2010, 12:06 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(03-03-2010, 09:58 PM)cloudwolf Wrote: As for just letting The Oligarchs run off with the BIP don't you think Ghost/Zion/EPN would want to do something to try and get Trinity back? That was the whole motivation of that side for the latter half of this storyline, saving and helping Trinity.

Well let's look at that, I think it could actually provide some good RP for Zion, the Oligarch leaves and then the War restarts, however Ghost & EPN aren't willing to let the whole thing go, so while Ghost may help Zion with the war in some instances, in other instances he goes out trying to retrieve the BIP. EPN can do the same thing. Machine and Cyph can get in on the action to, trying to prevent Ghost and EPN from bringing The Oligarches back into the picture.

Interesting...

Anywho, got nostalgic and starting reading some of Rare's notes in detail. Posting some of the more key ones to the discussion:
  • Helian completes negotiations with the Machines. Helian now pursues the Trinity program, with help from the Machines, and opposition from Zion, EPN, and the Cypherites, who do not think that helping Oligarchs is the way to protect the System.

• Cypherites are relieved that the Oligarchs are gone. Machines are glad about that, and that they've taken Trinity away, too. Zion wants to get Trinity back. EPN is mindful of what the woman told them about keeping the encrypted program safe.

• Machines and the Cypherites become determined to take advantage of the Oligarchs downtime to remove their control of the Machine core once and for all. The Machines allow operatives into mainframe subroutines, who encounter hostile Oligarch subroutines, in the guise of gray-suited "clerk" programs.

• Zion sees this as an opportunity to both get into the Machine mainframe and get Trinity back. They find that it is not as easy as they thought, though, and they find themselves blocked at every turn.

• The Machines begin to gain the upper-hand against the Oligarchy routines in the mainframe.

• The fighting in the mainframe is approaching the Source, and the Machines find themselves losing ground. Machines begin to have control problems, as they can't remove the Oligarchy root control, and this is hindering their attempts at resistance.

• The Oracle reveals to operatives that the Oligarchy's attack is more than just against the Machines or the Matrix, but against the human subconscious. She says that the Matrix is more than just Machine code- it runs on and is in large part shaped by manipulated human brains. In the end, she reveals it will take a human to free it.

• Trinity is able to enter the Source, but is unable to hack and remove the Oligarch's root control programs.

• The Machines allow a human operative to enter the Souce. The operative and Trinity merge, activating a black room which eventually turns back into the White Room of the Source. This act allows the Matrix to be reset. The Oligarch root control is finally removed, and the Machines are freed from fear of Oligarch interference.

• As a result of the cooperation, the Machines and Humans come to a new understanding and agreement.

Just shows there was resistance along the way, with machines trying to rid themselves of the Oligarchs. Also some tension with the Cypherites. In the end though they were forced to make a deal with humanity out of nessecity, just like they did with Neo.
03-04-2010, 05:41 AM,
Meh the only problem I have with that is that it ends the war, and gives us a new truce. Which to be honest I find boring. I'd rather keep the war than to go into a new age of understanding.
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM,
Honestly, I think the original plan was to pull the plug at the end of that story arc.

Hence going back to a truce.

I think that they expected MxO to end by the end of the year, but instead moved it up early (being one of the contributing factors to Rare leaving, mayhaps?)

In any event, based on that idea, I agree that a Truce is not the way to go.
[Image: citylineidea.png]
03-04-2010, 07:45 AM,
(03-04-2010, 06:59 AM)Noxton Wrote: Honestly, I think the original plan was to pull the plug at the end of that story arc.

Hence going back to a truce.

I think that they expected MxO to end by the end of the year, but instead moved it up early (being one of the contributing factors to Rare leaving, mayhaps?)

In any event, based on that idea, I agree that a Truce is not the way to go.

Yea, I had that same feeling when Rarebit released his storyline notes. Honestly I think reducing The Oligarches role to a side story for Ghost and EPN is the best way to go, while the war can be the main storyline.
03-04-2010, 07:52 AM,
Just a question.
What is acceptable for a story idea in this universe?
[Image: rej03.jpg]
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM,
Anything your pretty little mind can think up.
03-04-2010, 08:12 AM,
(03-04-2010, 08:00 AM)cloudwolf Wrote: Anything your pretty little mind can think up.

Mhm...sounds interresting

/thinks of a evil plan..
03-07-2010, 12:24 PM,
Lame way to spam crap that doesn't really have much relevance.
[Image: IsIt.png]
03-10-2010, 07:59 AM,
Chill, it was just a question.
03-10-2010, 08:23 AM,
(03-10-2010, 07:59 AM)Mindsweep Wrote: Chill, it was just a question.

He meant that for another post which was removed for some reason, even though it was edited by Morph, go figure.

Also, gf and cool discussion.