Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Story Ideas
02-24-2010, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2010, 08:48 PM by cloudwolf.)
RE: Possible Story Ideas
One thing thats getting me here is that during people's "redpill shut out" ideas The Cypherites and Machinists are being kept around. Not only does this mean it no longer validly explain the blackout in rl (we've ALL been denied access) but the concept lends itself to some interesting inter-organisational conflict that could be explored.

I've always thought there should be more tension between the Cyph's and the Machines. I mean, Veil was never the biggest of fans and finding out Cryptos was an overwritten spy got her fairly pissed. I always figured shes been planning something since, she just became too obedient too quickly.

Better yet explore the Machinist tension. Not sure about other servers but second guessing the Machine's motives always seemed to be a previlant theme in Syntax factions, questioning the war and the lack of information being shared with them. Could come to head when they too get shut out of The Matrix.

Edit: Also, The Oligarch's are spread throughout the surface of the earth in their own self-sustained kingdom states so a centralised attack would be unlikely (not to mention the amount of advanced technology they have). Unless there was some way of getting them all together and their defences weakened.

Not trying to debunk anyones theories or anything, just stuff to think about.
02-24-2010, 10:51 PM,
(02-24-2010, 08:43 PM)cloudwolf Wrote: One thing thats getting me here is that during people's "redpill shut out" ideas The Cypherites and Machinists are being kept around. Not only does this mean it no longer validly explain the blackout in rl (we've ALL been denied access) but the concept lends itself to some interesting inter-organisational conflict that could be explored.

I've always thought there should be more tension between the Cyph's and the Machines. I mean, Veil was never the biggest of fans and finding out Cryptos was an overwritten spy got her fairly pissed. I always figured shes been planning something since, she just became too obedient too quickly.

Better yet explore the Machinist tension. Not sure about other servers but second guessing the Machine's motives always seemed to be a previlant theme in Syntax factions, questioning the war and the lack of information being shared with them. Could come to head when they too get shut out of The Matrix.

Edit: Also, The Oligarch's are spread throughout the surface of the earth in their own self-sustained kingdom states so a centralised attack would be unlikely (not to mention the amount of advanced technology they have). Unless there was some way of getting them all together and their defences weakened.

Not trying to debunk anyones theories or anything, just stuff to think about.

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to the Cypherites. Which is why I really like my idea of taking out Cryptos. I mean let's face it, Cryptos is the one keeping Veil on a short leash, and I'd like to explore how she'd run the organization without him in the picture.

I'd figure that she'd approach the machines to make a deal, the Cypherites will trade information for money, for assets, etc. However, since Veil is well....Veil I doubt the machines would consider the deal. I'd also think that the machines would try to liquidate the Cypherites since their puppet Cryptos isn't in charge anymore. So in the end the Cypherites become a terrorist organization that has enemies on all sides. I think that'll really liven up the org and the Cypherite storyline.

As for the Oligarches. I always thought they were in one central location, mainly because of the No Fly Zone. They only mentioned one no fly zone.

However, I do think the Oligarch arc needs to be tied up and for us to move on.
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2010, 11:08 PM by cloudwolf.)
The no fly zone was Carlyne's base only I think. (Did the attack on The Kid happen before/after Tesarova and co. killed Carlyne?). It was the only one mentioned because it was the only one close enough for people to realistically get to. Or it could've been Halborn's, we never did find out if Carlyne killed him properly (at his mainframe) or not.

Rare's outline details the kingdom state idea. Although this was never fully explained or referenced in-game so I suppose it's fair game for us to change.

The thing to remember is there are certain parts of the story which are reliant on revelations Rare had planned. Like The Oracle's return and the true nature of Trinity Program and the Trinity Kill Code. Those things have to be addressed somehow.

I also like the radical ideas being thrown around about character deaths but its also worth mentioning we should probably endear to not kill off everyone we feel like, especially those with unique models, since we have no way of really creating those kind of unique characters again.
02-24-2010, 11:54 PM,
(02-24-2010, 11:04 PM)cloudwolf Wrote: The no fly zone was Carlyne's base only I think. (Did the attack on The Kid happen before/after Tesarova and co. killed Carlyne?). It was the only one mentioned because it was the only one close enough for people to realistically get to. Or it could've been Halborn's, we never did find out if Carlyne killed him properly (at his mainframe) or not.

Rare's outline details the kingdom state idea. Although this was never fully explained or referenced in-game so I suppose it's fair game for us to change.

The thing to remember is there are certain parts of the story which are reliant on revelations Rare had planned. Like The Oracle's return and the true nature of Trinity Program and the Trinity Kill Code. Those things have to be addressed somehow.

I know, but since the storyline is in our hand, we don't have to finish Rare's storyline. We could finish it in another way.

Quote:I also like the radical ideas being thrown around about character deaths but its also worth mentioning we should probably endear to not kill off everyone we feel like, especially those with unique models, since we have no way of really creating those kind of unique characters again.

True, Cryptos does not have to be killed, but I think he should be removed as leader of the Cypherites.
02-25-2010, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2010, 02:44 AM by Barloke.)
Yeah but Meta if you are talking about "dethroning" Cryptos its more than likely he isnt going to say "oh ok I'm fired so I'll take the lower level position and reduction in pay." That son of a bitch is gonna fight tooth and nail to stay in power. I only say this is because alot of the guys in power right now (and gals) are not gonna give it up unless you whack them off.

As far as exiles are concerned, well there is that revolving door where people we thought were dead arent't really (and I could honestly see a Morpheus return just on popular demand issues).

Cloudwolf I really dig that idea of the Mechs and Cyphs not being all buddy-buddy like most people suspected. This sort of tension is the thing that makes people take a moral stance because let's face it, the Mechs always viewed the Cyphs as a radical terrorist organization and wasn't Zion of the same belief about EPN?

When i was in Merovech me and Jahzel who was the faction leader were bouncing around the idea of having a civil war amongst the Merv ranks. Well of course the resources were limited drastically so it ended up being shelved until we got into some rp with Tranque who was a phsyciatric (ok I spelled that wrong so I'll just say a shrink). Tranque is an interesting rp'r , one who I had a real pleasure of roleplaying with. It wasn't really planned the actual rp session but it boiled down to was we claimed we could distract his auto-jack signal and then i threatened to kill his ass (and no I wouldn't dream of really doing that but it was more for effect). The result? Tranque made Merovech persona non-grata in most of the Merv ranks, to really stick it to us he had The Trust send us some letter sayong we were not allowed in certain areas.

Jahzel who lived close by in the real world came over and said to me "I think we may have gone too far" ...hell no! as far as I was concerned this was a golden oppourtunity and I wasn't gonna waste it so I blew up some offices belonging to The Trust (Tabor Park I believe was where the offices were located at if I'm not mistaken.) We had some real good screenhots (photoshopped of course) of the explosion.

We got some real threatning reactions but rather than pick up our tents and beat a retreat we used every peice of rp the opposition was putting out and responded to it. For us that was incredibly exciting as we really didn't know the reactions.

The real kicker was when we threatened Tranque, not with his life but with the lives of his patients. That's right, innocent blue pills were targeted for assassination in retaliation for any acts against us. We got our whole faction into this for screenshots and i did most of the storyline while Jahzel did most of the photoshop work. On top of that we were roleplaying stuff that we didn't post (mostly roleplay based pvp).

Tranque to his credit weathered it well and even held a funeral service for his dead patients. In the end we had a truce and although the community was a little peeved that we wasted some blue pills it was the reaction we were going for. You see for me as a Merv that means I am not the March of Dimes and I defnately saw other Merv factions as my competitors and the Zion and Mech orgs as "customers". I guess I wanted to show that as a Merv we can be ruthless and cutthroat when we have to and to have a grudge match with another faction, even one in our organization was not out of bounds.

Sorry for the long post but i think its a pretty good idea if we could incorporate something like that (sans killing blue pills, well maybe a few if the situation called for it Smile ). I can't see Zion or the Mechs doing something like this because they have always operated in high numbers but a splinter org like the Cyphs or EPN....oh yeah they can really get down and dirty if they had to...
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
02-25-2010, 03:50 AM,
(02-25-2010, 02:40 AM)Barloke Wrote: Yeah but Meta if you are talking about "dethroning" Cryptos its more than likely he isnt going to say "oh ok I'm fired so I'll take the lower level position and reduction in pay." That son of a bitch is gonna fight tooth and nail to stay in power. I only say this is because alot of the guys in power right now (and gals) are not gonna give it up unless you whack them off.

That is true. Here's my thought process on dethroning Cryptos. He's basically the machine's puppet, and we found this out back in Chapter 7.2, ever since then the Cypherites has been the Machine's whipping/errand boy. I know Veil is tired of being under the machine thumbs, and you know she has to have something in the works to rectify the problem. The only real way to rectify it is to get rid of Cryptos.
02-25-2010, 04:01 AM,
Maybe have him go back to being emo?

Remember after he found out he was overwritten he went soul searching for a bit before deciding to work for Machines out of his own free will. Have something happen to him (or more understandably the bluepills, the ones he's all for protecting) to make him doubt the Machines/Cypherites and leave of his own volition.
02-25-2010, 04:22 AM,
a lobotomy could save time. make him think he's something he's not?
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
02-25-2010, 04:29 AM,
(02-25-2010, 04:01 AM)cloudwolf Wrote: Maybe have him go back to being emo?

Remember after he found out he was overwritten he went soul searching for a bit before deciding to work for Machines out of his own free will. Have something happen to him (or more understandably the bluepills, the ones he's all for protecting) to make him doubt the Machines/Cypherites and leave of his own volition.

Hmmm....what about a machine execution of a Cypherite operative? That would not only put doubt into his position, but it would be an interesting spark that launches the hostility between Machines and Cyph.

(02-25-2010, 04:22 AM)Barloke Wrote: a lobotomy could save time. make him think he's something he's not?

I think the machine already tried that. Tongue
02-25-2010, 04:54 AM,
Well, since Veil snipped Shimada from existence, she could maybe do the same to Cryptos and try to make it look like an EPN job.

It's simple and base, but sometimes that's the easiest way to handle things.

Alternatively, his mind could destabilize from having been tampered with so much, and he could Morpheus his way to his own death by acting out extremely aggressively until he's on everyone's radar.
[Image: citylineidea.png]