Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outer space of The Matrix
02-16-2010, 07:56 AM,
RE: Outer space of The Matrix
I remember this disscussion on MxO boards.
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM,
(02-16-2010, 07:43 AM)Morpheus Wrote: there was really a choice? would the bluepill really work?
there was a choice in fact? or it was a choice we already made but need to be present as we didnt?

what happens if you take both? (haha i read about this but wont post the answer xD)

It's true, once you are given the option, how could you ever take the blue pill? The blue pill was probably Nyquil, and then after you had a chance to sleep it over, they'd come back and say, "Look, take the red pill or I will GIVE YOU the red pill." haha

If you take both... uhh... you end up in a very small room with no pants?
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-16-2010, 03:01 PM,
I think the Matrix is a network of cities, not just one, and some are given real names to make people more comfortable with the illusion. The real London, and the machine's version of it are probably very, very, different. As for people taking vacations to the Bahamas and such, I'd say those are clever constructs programmed by the machines to give the illusion of going to a place to 'relax'. The airport could be a piece of code that starts the transfer process to the construct, and the plane is the gateway to it.

As for the pill, Technically the choice was already made by people. So like Neo, those who wanted out would go, given the opportunity. Whether they like it or not, is a another story (Cypher). The real debate starts when people aren't properly researched, or if the people doing the extraction don't explain anything, thus leading to a forced type of extraction and either killed humans or confused one. It's the duty of the extractees to get the person to the level of wanting to leave, so they don't fight the programs that are keeping them alive.
02-17-2010, 03:20 AM,
My idea behind it all is simple...We are reading too much from the small details of the films without realizing that it is impossible if not very difficult to cover all the bases in a movie series like this one.

Take the Oracle swap for instance...I think they barely pulled that off, but I can live with it.

So we shouldn't be too critical about the things that were not discussed in the movies.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-17-2010, 03:39 AM,
(02-17-2010, 03:20 AM)Rxu Wrote: Take the Oracle swap for instance...I think they barely pulled that off, but I can live with it.

I'm glad you can live with it, because I'm pretty sure they had no choice on that matter.
02-17-2010, 04:09 AM,
(02-17-2010, 03:20 AM)Rxu Wrote: So we shouldn't be too critical about the things that were not discussed in the movies.

At the same time that was always one of the main appeals of the game for me, not only to explain/expand on what the film discussed but also what it didn't. I loved The Trinity Program plot because it finally offered a solid (relatively speaking, this is sci-fi) reasoning for the random miracles between Neo and Trinity beyond ambiguous "Love" and "Destiny".
02-17-2010, 05:40 AM,
(02-17-2010, 03:39 AM)Gerik Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 03:20 AM)Rxu Wrote: Take the Oracle swap for instance...I think they barely pulled that off, but I can live with it.

I'm glad you can live with it, because I'm pretty sure they had no choice on that matter.

It isn't so much that they had no choice..that part is obvious, instead I was pointing out "how" it was done.... The explanation given to Morpheus,Trinity and the audience.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-17-2010, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2010, 07:28 AM by Morpheus.)
Not sure about it, but dont you need to play Enter the matrix / PON to see the explanation for the oracle swapping (i know about real cause) ?

I may be wrong, but i think that i saw a film talking about it xD.
Loooong time ago playing EtM to remember clearly xD.

If so, they should have put that into the movie too...
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM,
Wasn't it EtM that explained it was to do with bringing Sati into The Matrix? Or was that mentioned in the film too?
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM,
lol EtM and its random crashes and sound problems
i forgot whatever the hell you did in that game, except for HORRIBLE POLYGONALIZATION OF SMITH'S NECK MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE HE HAS A HUGE TUMOR