Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zion & The Truce
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM,
Zion & The Truce
So I can't find this Live Event thread yet. However, Niobe (or maybe Ghost) said that Neo brought them a few years to build New Zion (this was said after the Truce fell).

I was thinking about that today, and I have to wonder, did Zion abuse The Truce? I mean why build a new fortified city during peace time? Couldn't Zion spent that energy in trying to work towards a mutual existence on the surface?

Thoughts?
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM,
RE: Zion & The Truce
(02-08-2010, 01:38 PM)Metalogic Wrote: I was thinking about that today, and I have to wonder, did Zion abuse The Truce?

Obviously, that's what the machines thought. Hence why the Truce broke.
[Image: Dee.jpg]

02-08-2010, 02:05 PM,
Both sides abused the truce. It's been mentioned before that both sides were in a cold war state during the truce. One of the things the Machines did was implant Programs into both bluepills and redpills alike to spy on Zion. They also created the Cypherite organization. And they used the time under the truce to map out Zion's safehouses, networks, and various other resources in the Matrix, which they hit hard when the truce fell.

And there's a few missions where they covertly did things against Zion. Here's one where they secretly implanted viruses into Zion systems that could be activated by remote in case the truce fell. And in this mission they implanted listening devices to keep a better watch on Zion. The really kicker is this one where they killed two Zion operatives that had sensitive information on an Agent, and left behind some fake RSIs to make it look like an Exile attack.

I'm sure elements on both sides wanted peace, but it seems clear that both were very wary of the other.
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 02:23 PM by Neopill.)
I think you are all forgetting........The Machines Built Zion, after the fifth "One" . Zion expanded,the faith of the human race and Morpheus made the truce possible, by finding Neo, the Sixth , who made one big mistake by combining code with Agent Smith, which created The Smith Virus, which Neo defeated and saved both Man, and Machine.

(*Wheres the Love?*)

Call it , providence, or Preservation. I dont care, the war continues, but perhaps thats its purpose.

After all, life requires BALANCE.

------------------------------------END COMMANDER LOG---------------------------------

Commander Neopill - DeathStalker Faction Leader - Top 100 PvP operative, Syntax Instance
Captain of the GnCft MORPHEUS
<DeathStalkers> EPN
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM,
The truce was a form of control all along, Neo both saved the truce and created the climax in tensions between the orgs to destroy it.

Regardless of the fact the truce was meant to be broken since mankind as a whole would never fully accept the truth of their existence and with sufficient time we have proven that.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]