Thread available to comment on topic: "Delayed state,next steps"
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-329.html

Opinions, come to daddy.
02-06-2010, 03:06 AM,
RE: Re: Delayed state,next steps
This is a great Thing ^^ Morpheus
02-06-2010, 03:18 AM,
I think this new direction will, in the long run, prove to be a better choice. Working with a more similar code structure as the original server will assure greater compatibility when we begin implementing more of the live game. Not to mention that in the strange but possible event that we have access to original live code in the future we could more easily implement that to what our current code will be.

As always keep up the good work and thanks for the update !
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-06-2010, 03:32 AM,
Is there anything non programmer could help there?

- Security agains lost packets - Did you mean protection here?
Is this client-server protocol use TCP or UDP?
02-06-2010, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010, 03:37 AM by Morpheus.)
Term doesnt matter in fact.
As all the good games, uses UDP for transmission.
Of course, being a non connection protocol, lost packets are lost in the hyperspace.. forever.

So i need to do something like:
- hey bud.. that!
- ok dude, that received!
*dude notes: "that received" *

And having the real code means all, no need to transform ours to that, just update the real one xD.
02-06-2010, 03:59 AM,
I'd rather wait for a release you feel good about then have a release pushed that has problems. (not that I mind messing around with the problems, but oh my, can you imagine the bitching that would happen on the boards?)

Morph, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Keep up the good work, and kick ass in your coursework.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-06-2010, 04:04 AM,
I was red something simple and clear about UDP reliable networking but cannot find it now.
But find some similar, maybe you know it better, but as a windows network designer and supporter it seems good explained to me.

UDP Reliability and flow control
02-06-2010, 04:16 AM,
(02-06-2010, 03:34 AM)Morpheus Wrote: Term doesnt matter in fact.
As all the good games, uses UDP for transmission.
Of course, being a non connection protocol, lost packets are lost in the hyperspace.. forever.

So i need to do something like:
- hey bud.. that!
- ok dude, that received!
*dude notes: "that received" *

And having the real code means all, no need to transform ours to that, just update the real one xD.

So you want to use UDP with a three way handshake... so TCP? =P
02-06-2010, 04:17 AM,
it doesn't matter, mxo has it's own proprietary way of doing reliability checking, and it's tied in with object state updates, so it's a pain in the ass to do in a hackish way.
when the test server opens, and you try to dance around mara, you will see how annoying it will be when a packet gets accidentally dropped

so, as the linked thread says, if you want in on this weekend mara c dance test, and want to be really frustrated when you get in cuz of unstable packet loss, PM me with the info i have requested
02-06-2010, 04:33 AM,
Did I miss point here?
Reliability is in design status due to link in first post.
Speaking of real code and internal tied reliability later...
I know reverse engineering is pain in the ass, so if my tries to help get you upset please excuse me.