Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to reactivate MXO with some ideas...
02-06-2010, 10:35 AM,
RE: Trying to reactivate MXO with some ideas...
Directly tried someone Neo? Any word on there end whatsoever?
02-06-2010, 12:03 PM,
(02-06-2010, 07:30 AM)Tornadic Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 04:16 AM)Metalogic Wrote: What did PA say about MxO? Have a link?

PA said nothing about MxO at least not in the comic anyway, a short web search leads me

Here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2003/6/30/

And here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/5/25/

They never said anything bad...they just didn't say anything.
and I don't think it's that no one cares about MxO, I'm just pretty sure no one Knew about it. Hell, I forgot it existed for about 3 years.

This is true, and I shouldn't have implied PA actually said anything bad about MxO when they didn't really say anything at all. Of course the hardcore readers who allow the strip to dictate what games they play picked up on the fact that they made two newsposts and then nothing else. I remember seeing on commercial for MxO a looooooong time ago probably a week after live. Never saw it again.
[Image: tekkensig.jpg]
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM,
Whats about Blizzard ? Could they interesting to buy the rights of MxO ? My english isnt perfect. Its hard for me to explain them my wishes exactly.
If it would be the last or one and only way, i would try my best to write them in english.
02-06-2010, 11:11 PM,
blizzard has diablo, starcraft and wow.
That gives them about trillions of $. if we'r not a big market, not a big fish for that whale.
02-07-2010, 01:21 AM,
(02-06-2010, 06:00 AM)JazznJos Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 05:30 PM)Gerik Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 05:03 PM)horsepants416 Wrote: Maybe contacting members of the media would be a good idea to gain some sort of credible middle man and some publicity towards the cause, lets think about this guys. I think its not a half bad idea.

Why? So we can get comments like "There's a Matrix MMO?", "Is that game still alive?", "Is that still in Beta?", etc? Honestly, a bit of people didn't like the game. May it be because you needed a super PC at the time to run the game, because it was buggy, the release of CR2.0 or whatever reason it was, they just plain out didn't like the game. I also don't see why any media would care, its a dead game. Just let Morph, Neo and Rajko do their thing and when its done, enjoy it, invite friends to try it and whatever else you wanna do.

Also, I'm not trying to be an ass or trying to put down your idea, just telling you what I've seen over the years from other gaming sites and what not.

Gerik stated this the best out of all. I dont understand or get why people would say oh lets go to the media or hey lets go beg them. When NO ONE and I mean NO ONE cares outside of this community about MXO they are not going to help. WB caresless and probaly rights this game off each year on a taxable lose till the contract is up (if it still under contract with the pubs) Trust me no one is going to help and it gets old seeing these post now.

Careful. That's a lot of reality you're dealing with.
02-07-2010, 04:05 AM,
theres people stupid enough to let a shitty online comic strip completely dictate what goes into their PC? wow some people need to look at their priorities in life.
02-07-2010, 09:25 AM,
(02-07-2010, 04:05 AM)horsepants416 Wrote: theres people stupid enough to let a shitty online comic strip completely dictate what goes into their PC? wow some people need to look at their priorities in life.

Truth.
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM,
The community tried "appealing" to media and other devs for years before the end. I somehow doubt, in this crippled state, anything is going to change. Enjoy what we have, it's more than most get.
02-08-2010, 04:18 AM,
(02-08-2010, 01:32 AM)cloudwolf Wrote: The community tried "appealing" to media and other devs for years before the end. I somehow doubt, in this crippled state, anything is going to change. Enjoy what we have, it's more than most get.

Also Truth.
02-08-2010, 05:48 AM,
Wow, this talk still rages on, I see!

Okay, I'm just going to state, flat out, that no existing company will ever buy the rights to MxO. The reason as others stated before the liscense and learning the software is just too much for a dead game. Your best hope is to get a large company interested enough in the Matrix Franchise to create an all new MMO. Like what BioWare is doing with star wars. The best course of action is to wait and maybe someone will pick up the project on their own years from now.