Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matrix day 1-31-10
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM,
RE: Matrix day 1-31-10
Lore wise would be interesting.

From a computation side, having a matrix over matrix is not practical.
To do so, you should have the operations squared, so calculations between worlds would have a higher "lag". and not talking about having matrix inside matrix inside matrix.

In fact, and as rajko described in another thread, the way that MXO works could be how a real Matrix would work. Re-create just what you (or someone) see.
I.e: why to develop a virtual word and keep australia being processed if in that world there are no people in australia?

Anyway is an interesting point, also seen in Level 13 (wont say more to not spoil people who didnt saw it xD).

Also... why to keep people conscious? Not in a comma or so, as they will live, also no processing of the world for em would be neccesary. Probably because people was used as a cluster too, not just for hot energy hahahahaha.
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM by Vesuveus.)
So what was it that Bane gave his crewman before he jacked out and Smith possessed Bane? I know it's the disk that Ballard gives Neo in Zion, but what the hell is on it? A message saying to meet Seraph? Why on a disk? Was it ever told what it really was or just something else we were supposed to decide for ourselves as an audience?
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM,
(02-01-2010, 11:43 AM)Vesuveus Wrote: So what was it that Bane gave his crewman before he jacked out and Smith possessed Bane? I know it's the disk that Ballard gives Neo in Zion, but what the hell is on it? A message saying to meet Seraph? Why on a disk? Was it ever told what it really was or just something else we were supposed to decide for ourselves as an audience?

I think it was a disk telling Neo to meet The Oracle.
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM by QuiDormit.)
(02-01-2010, 12:09 PM)Metalogic Wrote:
(02-01-2010, 11:43 AM)Vesuveus Wrote: So what was it that Bane gave his crewman before he jacked out and Smith possessed Bane? I know it's the disk that Ballard gives Neo in Zion, but what the hell is on it? A message saying to meet Seraph? Why on a disk? Was it ever told what it really was or just something else we were supposed to decide for ourselves as an audience?

I think it was a disk telling Neo to meet The Oracle.

It was.

Also, if you played Enter The Matrix, Niobe and Ghost retrieve a disk which turns out to be the last transmission of the Osiris. I don't think they described it in great detail because the function of it didn't really have anything to do with the greater picture. It was just a means of conveying a message.
(02-01-2010, 11:36 AM)Morpheus Wrote: Also... why to keep people conscious? Not in a comma or so, as they will live, also no processing of the world for em would be neccesary. Probably because people was used as a cluster too, not just for hot energy hahahahaha.

I totally agree with that, btw. I think also think that the Machines put the humans in pods, not to just generate power, but also to protect humanity. Kind of like in i, Robot where they have the 3 laws, and they would kill a few humans to protect the majority. What's the military term? Acceptable Losses or something?

So in line with keeping the humans safe (mostly from themselves, because we humans can be dumb collectively), they also provided the Matrix. Hence why the Architect made the first version "a perfect world."

I dunno, that's just what I think about the whole thing.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM,
Watching Revolutions now, Merv just got done talking shit. Good guys Oracle bound.

Cookies need love like everything does.
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM,
(02-01-2010, 01:40 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: It was just a means of conveying a message.

Prettymuch what I figured.
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM,
if its not a matrix within a matrix...how could smith overwrite bane ? building their own program that can be uploaded to a real human brain is pretty ridiculous...unless its a matrix within a matrix, so just his rsi got overwritten
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM,
Suspension of disbelief?

I always figured that the point was that machines were more or less supposed to be equal to humans. While current technology wouldn't allow for such a thing, these humans were, after all, created by the machines what with the plugs and everything.

If the machines can wipe someone's memory (which we've seen in the Animatrix, and we assume they can do with reinsertion), is it really that much of a stretch to think that Smith's code could copy Bane's RSI and cause a personality change within him? ... At least in the Matrix universe... not IRL.

We buy the part that the machines use humans for power but a lot of people don't buy that smith could overwrite bane. I dunno, like I said, suspension of disbelief has to come in at some point for these movies.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-01-2010, 07:51 PM,
(02-01-2010, 05:58 PM)rajkosto Wrote: if its not a matrix within a matrix...how could smith overwrite bane ? building their own program that can be uploaded to a real human brain is pretty ridiculous...unless its a matrix within a matrix, so just his rsi got overwritten

Because he was an AI, his personality, his memories are just electrons just like ours are. In theory (in real ife too) if we had the technology we could implant a human's brain pattern into a computer and vice a versa.
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM,
i doubt that the program that controls any machine in the matrix is even remotely similar to that needed to operate a human body...
even if they did make such a thing, why would smith have access to it ?

also i dont think they can wipe peoples minds, if they could, they could just wiped neo's memory of having the bug implanted, isntead of just making him wake up thinking its a dream