Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple IPad
02-01-2010, 05:25 AM,
RE: Apple IPad
My acer laptop was an awful piece of machinery. Screen slowley fizzled and died but meh. Never bought another Acer after that.

I thought the ipad could take calls using a bluetooth headset?
[Image: ceegebanner.jpg]
02-01-2010, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 06:00 AM by Morpheus.)
iPAD has iPhone OS and is compatible with all the aplications made for it, plus some new. That makes it iPhone on steroids. But you know.. steroids have secondary effects, one is the lack of calls.

(02-01-2010, 05:07 AM)Rxu Wrote: Acer and HP make brilliant netbooks that run on Xppro (The King of all OS's) and now Win7(who is slowly winning my heart)
There are several fact that are wrong in that sentence and have anything related to winning your heart.

Acer does lowcost hardware that randomly fails. Happens at pc's happens at netbooks happens at monitors (have some in my college work). I dont accept Acer at home nor at work if consulted.
Hp on the other hand is a good enterprise that has a big chunk of the market, and his hardware does extremly well.... at printers and multifunctions.. About pc hardware... bit overpriced but ok. Normal performance. I would buy an Asus netbook instead of that ones.

And btw, XP/7 is the king of OS's... to play. Things that matter, like this website server among others have an apache webserver under a linux/unix environment. IF we talk about win server edition then.. maybe it could share the king place, in some cases...
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM,
apple like to brand people...
Make people believe in a product and it is like religion for them..

I like what the Head of Nintendo thought of it...
Nintendo's president shrugged off the just unveiled iPad tablet computer from Apple as delivering "no surprises," and displayed as little enthusiasm for 3-D technology and high-definition upgrades for games.

"It was a bigger iPod Touch,"...
Apple has made a lot of failed products.
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM,
My name is Vesuveus and I'm a PC.
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM,
(02-01-2010, 05:42 AM)Morpheus Wrote: iPAD has iPhone OS and is compatible with all the aplications made for it, plus some new. That makes it iPhone on steroids. But you know.. steroids have secondary effects, one is the lack of calls.

(02-01-2010, 05:07 AM)Rxu Wrote: Acer and HP make brilliant netbooks that run on Xppro (The King of all OS's) and now Win7(who is slowly winning my heart)
There are several fact that are wrong in that sentence and have anything related to winning your heart.

Acer does lowcost hardware that randomly fails. Happens at pc's happens at netbooks happens at monitors (have some in my college work). I dont accept Acer at home nor at work if consulted.
Hp on the other hand is a good enterprise that has a big chunk of the market, and his hardware does extremly well.... at printers and multifunctions.. About pc hardware... bit overpriced but ok. Normal performance. I would buy an Asus netbook instead of that ones.

And btw, XP/7 is the king of OS's... to play. Things that matter, like this website server among others have an apache webserver under a linux/unix environment. IF we talk about win server edition then.. maybe it could share the king place, in some cases...

I simply wanted to mention the 2 ends of the hardware market, Acer on the economical side and HP obviously on the higher end. But not to drift away from the thread's idea...

On a PC, you have a choice..

Hell on Android you have a choice as well, my Android phone is from HTC, but a buddy of mine has one from Motorolla..

Choice is a good..Apple is bad
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM,
(02-01-2010, 12:52 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: My name is Vesuveus and I'm a PC.

QFT

My name is Twaggy, and Windows 7 was my Idea. (sorry I love these ads!)
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
02-01-2010, 09:52 PM,
My name is Metalogic, and I am a PC.
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM,
(02-01-2010, 01:45 PM)Rxu Wrote:
(02-01-2010, 05:42 AM)Morpheus Wrote: iPAD has iPhone OS and is compatible with all the aplications made for it, plus some new. That makes it iPhone on steroids. But you know.. steroids have secondary effects, one is the lack of calls.

I simply wanted to mention the 2 ends of the hardware market, Acer on the economical side and HP obviously on the higher end. But not to drift away from the thread's idea...

On a PC, you have a choice..

Hell on Android you have a choice as well, my Android phone is from HTC, but a buddy of mine has one from Motorolla..

Choice is a good..Apple is bad

I has the HTC Hero and I would use that 100 billions times more than I would even look at an Iphone.
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM by Morpheus.)
That's simple.

Any android mobile > [iPhone/iPadPhone].

For me iphone and touch suck. Not adding the "is for games too" crap....

And i'm a self made PC. Getting one from a trademark is just getting one from em.

Need to buy a newer one in parts though..

And Rxu, the higher end is vaio with that cool pc's that cost over 1k $. Also, PC is a platform (now mac's are equal if not similar to), while android is an OS xD.
Personally, i would wait to buy any of the Google devices. Having android and chrome os looks like a fusion in the long term...

I want to buy a Nook to do the iPad promised things but.. cannot be exported outside USA,(doh! xD).
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM,
Will the iPad change the "reader" field? For iBooks and such.

I haven't tried any of these readers yet but I think they are an awesome technology. Ever try lifting a box of college text books? My balls almost fell off.