Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last thing I have to say.
01-30-2010, 02:47 AM,
RE: The last thing I have to say.
(01-30-2010, 01:41 AM)Valaro Wrote: SOE Response: Hi currently the rights to The Matrix Online are not for sale. Nor are the servers/ source code. However we thank you for you interest in this IP.

Its dead man. Lets just get on with the EMU...

Exactly.
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-30-2010, 03:10 AM,
(01-30-2010, 02:39 AM)Twaggy Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 02:38 AM)Valaro Wrote: Thank you Yamakuzy, I just want to stop the community from falling apart Smile

You're like the gooey, sticky stuff that bounds us!

White sticky stuff! (Yes I made a semen joke)

However, I too apologize for my aggression. However, I just don't think this idea is workable or even fesiable. I have only seen something come back from the "dead" once, and that was Family Guy. Usually whenever a company ends the sale of a service or product, that is it. Family Guy was revived because of a strong following on Adult Swim. We don't have a strong following, and we probably never will.

Also, I just wanted us to focus our effort and energy into what we can do, and what we can control, and that is working and shaping the MxOE.
01-30-2010, 03:43 AM,
Thanks for the understanding everyone.

Just curious Twaggy, What is your PC store Idea? And, Why aren't you trying to make it work?

And Valero, I don't know what you do for a living, but you are some kind of community relation wizard.

And
(01-30-2010, 03:10 AM)Metalogic Wrote: However, I too apologize for my aggression. However, I just don't think this idea is workable or even fesiable. I have only seen something come back from the "dead" once, and that was Family Guy. Usually whenever a company ends the sale of a service or product, that is it. Family Guy was revived because of a strong following on Adult Swim. We don't have a strong following, and we probably never will.

I dunno, I guess I'm very optimistic about MxO. I've been playing video games almost my whole life, and the idea of charging every month just to play the same game online seemed to me to be insane. But then MxO shows up and says "Hey dude, we're putting the RP back in RPG and giving you new story every week or whatever" and I was sold.

Saying MxO doesn't and never will have a strong following is pretty true....Unless it gets it's own adult swim. By that I mean some people who are willing to host the game and pimp it out to the proper audience. Something I think we all can agree SOE never did. (and Fox never did for family guy)

Please, Keep up the good work. I wish I could code, so I could help in a more substantial way.
01-30-2010, 06:48 AM,
denial. which step is that again?

and you forgot option 3, which is: SOE does absolutely nothing, just like how they haven't even taken down the MXO site yet.
[Image: 30nhcgn.png]
01-30-2010, 07:26 AM,
(01-30-2010, 06:48 AM)Bayamos Wrote: denial. which step is that again?

and you forgot option 3, which is: SOE does absolutely nothing, just like how they haven't even taken down the MXO site yet.

DN1 is still up and so is the main site. They did change the main site, but they didn't take it down.
01-30-2010, 08:17 AM,
Lazy. Does that mean they still hold a portion of the rights?

I mean there was a rumour floating around that they were trying to learn as much as they can about Monoliths Interlock system (in MxO) and that that will be a style of combat in Agency? Or did I hear wrong?
01-30-2010, 08:59 AM,
(01-30-2010, 08:17 AM)Valaro Wrote: Lazy. Does that mean they still hold a portion of the rights?

I mean there was a rumour floating around that they were trying to learn as much as they can about Monoliths Interlock system (in MxO) and that that will be a style of combat in Agency? Or did I hear wrong?

Yeah you are correct.

One cookie for you.
01-30-2010, 09:14 AM,
Thought it was for DCU or whatever they're calling it.
01-30-2010, 09:30 AM,
(01-30-2010, 08:59 AM)Neopill Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 08:17 AM)Valaro Wrote: Lazy. Does that mean they still hold a portion of the rights?

Yeah you are correct.

One cookie for you.

SOE retains the right to display the fact that they, at one time, handled The Matrix Online, and the retain the rights to everything they did for it, however they do not have the right to sell it (as far as I can tell).

I think that right always was with WBIE.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
01-30-2010, 09:34 AM,
(01-30-2010, 09:30 AM)QuiDormit Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 08:59 AM)Neopill Wrote:

Yeah you are correct.

One cookie for you.

SOE retains the right to display the fact that they, at one time, handled The Matrix Online, and the retain the rights to everything they did for it, however they do not have the right to sell it (as far as I can tell).

I think that right always was with WBIE.

Cookie for you too.