Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I haz an idea!!!
01-29-2010, 07:44 AM,
RE: I haz an idea!!!
(01-29-2010, 07:26 AM)Fickey Wrote: I don't think it would happen even if the money was put up front only because of the vibe I got from how everything went down. In my head, it seems that WB does not want this game to continue. Plain and simple, they don't want it to continue, exist, or be operational.

If this is the case, then no matter what you throw at them, they won't budge. SOE has nothing to do with this anymore, it's all on WB.

This, this and this!

And also, on the fact that i don't know what YOUR saying, let me clarify what i'am saying.

Apart from possibly dropping in the odd donation when i have the money free to do so, i don't want to pay a monthly subscription. I know it sounds like leeching, but i'am a 17 year old kid in south london with no job, and no way of getting a job during the recession. so please, cut it out. The majority of us couldnt care less about your plan, as it'll either destroy MXOEmu from the inside or the outside.
01-29-2010, 07:45 AM,
(01-29-2010, 07:44 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 07:26 AM)Fickey Wrote: I don't think it would happen even if the money was put up front only because of the vibe I got from how everything went down. In my head, it seems that WB does not want this game to continue. Plain and simple, they don't want it to continue, exist, or be operational.

If this is the case, then no matter what you throw at them, they won't budge. SOE has nothing to do with this anymore, it's all on WB.

This, this and this!

And also, on the fact that i don't know what YOUR saying, let me clarify what i'am saying.

Apart from possibly dropping in the odd donation when i have the money free to do so, i don't want to pay a monthly subscription. I know it sounds like leeching, but i'am a 17 year old kid in south london with no job, and no way of getting a job during the recession. so please, cut it out. The majority of us couldnt care less about your plan, as it'll either destroy MXOEmu from the inside or the outside.

QFT. I'm able to pay a subscription, but I feel that MxOE would get a bigger player base by being F2P.
01-29-2010, 07:59 AM,
(01-29-2010, 07:45 AM)Metalogic Wrote: QFT. I'm able to pay a subscription, but I feel that MxOE would get a bigger player base by being F2P.

(01-29-2010, 07:44 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote: Apart from possibly dropping in the odd donation when i have the money free to do so, i don't want to pay a monthly subscription. I know it sounds like leeching, but i'am a 17 year old kid in south london with no job, and no way of getting a job during the recession. so please, cut it out. The majority of us couldnt care less about your plan, as it'll either destroy MXOEmu from the inside or the outside.

Both good points. Two questions come to mind though.

Meta: How do you feel about the optional sub plan? You know free members can play, but if you pay monthly you get extra stuff. (like just of the top of my head, an expanded bank, increased memory load and a small% info bonus) This stuff could be discussed all day long.

Yama: Since you'd toss a donation once in a while, I have two ideas to submit for you approval.
1) A recommendation plan. If 3 people subscribe, and say that you recommended them, as long as they pay, you play for free. (this has tremendous potential to spread the word of MxO)
2) An "item store" You know how other free MMO's offer you items / buffs for a fee, How would you feel about that? Would you consider giving tossing the occasional buck or two our way in that event?
01-29-2010, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2010, 08:13 AM by Brainwasher416.)
there would be few people who would pay money to play a "dead" MMO and even attempting to purchase the rights if you were a millionaire would be a very long tedious uphill battle. we are doing the best thing possible, everybody needs to keep their heads down and let the dev team figure out the technical details.
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM,
(01-29-2010, 07:59 AM)Tornadic Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 07:44 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote: Apart from possibly dropping in the odd donation when i have the money free to do so, i don't want to pay a monthly subscription. I know it sounds like leeching, but i'am a 17 year old kid in south london with no job, and no way of getting a job during the recession. so please, cut it out. The majority of us couldnt care less about your plan, as it'll either destroy MXOEmu from the inside or the outside.

Yama: Since you'd toss a donation once in a while, I have two ideas to submit for you approval.
1) A recommendation plan. If 3 people subscribe, and say that you recommended them, as long as they pay, you play for free. (this has tremendous potential to spread the word of MxO)
2) An "item store" You know how other free MMO's offer you items / buffs for a fee, How would you feel about that? Would you consider giving tossing the occasional buck or two our way in that event?

1) no
2) no

Do i want to get some watered down version of a game i cherish and love, which was a part of my childhood and gave me huge amounts of enjoyment, just because i don't want to buy stuff? HELL NO!! Go back to WBIE or wherever the hell your from with your idea's, no subscriptions.
01-29-2010, 08:17 AM,
(01-29-2010, 07:59 AM)Tornadic Wrote:
(01-29-2010, 07:45 AM)Metalogic Wrote: QFT. I'm able to pay a subscription, but I feel that MxOE would get a bigger player base by being F2P.

Meta: How do you feel about the optional sub plan? You know free members can play, but if you pay monthly you get extra stuff. (like just of the top of my head, an expanded bank, increased memory load and a small% info bonus) This stuff could be discussed all day long.

WHY does this have to be about money?

Money will do one thing to this project: COMPLICATE THE FUCK OUT OF IT!

I dig that you're trying to find ways to contribute, but I don't think this is the best way to go about it.

To be perfectly honest, if money ever was brought into this NOW is not the time. You need to have a product to sell. People, this early in development, will tune this the fuck out if we start talking about money.

Shit, even the BIG GUNS developing NEW MMO's aren't talking money! Look at Star Wars: TOR or APB, both brand new MMO's that STILL haven't announced any sort of payment plan. Yes, they're probably both about a year away from release (At least, I know TOR won't come out until 2011), but guess what? Neither will this... at least not in it's full (READ: as full as we can make it) effective form.

Dude, relax a bit. There hasn't even been a BETA yet, and you're talking money?

I am AGAINST a pay for play MxO, especially since it will not be exactly the same as it once was. I didn't even want to pay for it then, and there's no guarantee combat will even work. I can think of a whole mess of reasons why it's just too early to even consider this, even not counting my personal bias against it.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
01-29-2010, 08:19 AM,
(01-29-2010, 08:17 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: WHY does this have to be about money?

Money will do one thing to this project: COMPLICATE THE FUCK OUT OF IT!

I dig that you're trying to find ways to contribute, but I don't think this is the best way to go about it.

To be perfectly honest, if money ever was brought into this NOW is not the time. You need to have a product to sell. People, this early in development, will tune this the fuck out if we start talking about money.

Shit, even the BIG GUNS developing NEW MMO's aren't talking money! Look at Star Wars: TOR or APB, both brand new MMO's that STILL haven't announced any sort of payment plan. Yes, they're probably both about a year away from release (At least, I know TOR won't come out until 2011), but guess what? Neither will this... at least not in it's full (READ: as full as we can make it) effective form.

Dude, relax a bit. There hasn't even been a BETA yet, and you're talking money?

I am AGAINST a pay for play MxO, especially since it will not be exactly the same as it once was. I didn't even want to pay for it then, and there's no guarantee combat will even work. I can think of a whole mess of reasons why it's just too early to even consider this, even not counting my personal bias against it.

Quite frankly, i say we either outright blast this fools plan, or we put it up as a poll
01-29-2010, 08:24 AM,
I say blast the fool's plan. If we start charging for subscription or whatever, that WILL land us in hot water from a legal standpoint. There's no if, and, or but about it. SOE and WBIE will ream our assholes if we even attempt to charge. The most we can do, from a legal standpoint is ask for donations.
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM,
(01-29-2010, 08:24 AM)Metalogic Wrote: I say blast the fool's plan. If we start charging for subscription or whatever, that WILL land us in hot water from a legal standpoint. There's no if, and, or but about it. SOE and WBIE will ream our assholes if we even attempt to charge. The most we can do, from a legal standpoint is ask for donations.

AHH THATS TRUE!!!
As long as nobody is making a profit off of this emulator, we technically can't actualy get in trouble! Big Grin (apart from the devs for hacking this beautiful thing ^.^Wink
01-29-2010, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2010, 08:38 AM by Morpheus.)
(01-29-2010, 08:17 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: and there's no guarantee combat will even work.
Is bit offtopic, but i want to clarify this point. Combat does work. Is not "it may work someday", it works. Yesterday i put a replay where the player combats a corrupted, barehanded, and same as real server. The problem is to figure how to do dinamically, and with custom players, anwering your combat actions.

If you need guarantees I may capture into vid. Also, i have some people that saw it in their own client (privacy protected).

On the topic, dont want to talk about money or subscriptions but is common sense that having a main server means cash, someone paying or giving his host. If it has no success we can still have some kind of server at home but the "real mxo" feeling would be... less if existent.

(01-29-2010, 08:26 AM)Yamakuzy Wrote: (apart from the devs for hacking this beautiful thing ^.^Wink
I'm not hacking anything, i just place numbers in order and catalog em.
Then i send them when the client ask for it.
Thing would be close to mad mathematician from "Numbers" tv series instead of one of the "Hackers" movie characters.
Thread Closed