Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party at Club Polyvynyl
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM,
RE: Party at Club Polyvynyl
We used to call Recursion the test server one year at fan faire, good times. lol
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM,
(02-03-2010, 12:26 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: The emu server will be named Recursion.

I CALLED IT!

YES!
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM,
I have some doubts.

Dunno if call it:

Morpheus Dream Land 2 - hail kirby!
Resurrection - meh
Reloaded - who knows where i took that from?
RealWorld

Recursion is good for now Tongue.
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM,
(02-03-2010, 08:59 PM)Morpheus Wrote: Recursion is good for now Tongue.

HA!

On a serious note, the best name for a server, in my opinion, was Linenoise. I just always liked that.

If it were put to a vote, like it was back when the game was live and the servers merged, then I would suggest CleanLine. From the opening scene of part 1. "Are you sure this line is clean?" "Yeah, of course I'm sure."
02-04-2010, 12:06 AM,
+1 for Recursion, all other servers were for noobs
02-04-2010, 12:45 AM,
I'm with Gerik actually! Recursion = People booting you out of a Faction five minutes after your in with the reason MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your new"

I vote in favour of Syntax! The most active server! The most RPing server! And of course! Simply the best server Smile Plus it sounds more matrixy
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010, 01:16 AM by Sixxth.)
I like "World 1" as it was called in beta, for our Emu beta (Perhaps in this case, "World 2" may be more appropriate).

Once we have enough people, then we have a poll with all the likely suspects and see what the majority thinks. Or not. Smile

2cents over.
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010, 01:34 AM by QuiDormit.)
(02-04-2010, 12:45 AM)Valaro Wrote: I'm with Gerik actually! Recursion = People booting you out of a Faction five minutes after your in with the reason MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your new"

I vote in favour of Syntax! The most active server! The most RPing server! And of course! Simply the best server Smile Plus it sounds more matrixy

Syntax: The rules governing construction or formation of an orderly system of information

Recursion: The ability of a program to call itself which also enables a program to define itself in terms of itself. This is frequently used to control the programs execution.

I'd call that even.

That aside, my vote for the server name is: Version 7
As in the 7th iteration of the Matrix. There is some debate though. At the end of "Revolutions" some think that the Matrix was rebooted, thus starting a new iteration (which would mean MxO took place in Version 7), however I'm not sure I agree. Just because the world went back together after Neo beat Smith doesn't mean the Matrix was rebooted.

Afterall, a computer program can be closed and reopened without rebooting the entire computer/operating system. AKA, I don't think the Matrix is the Operating System itself, and therefore not in need of reboot. Nothing was changed (aka no new Neo was created, no new anomaly), so all they had to do was restore the previous state, not reboot it from scratch.

ANYWAY - MxO going down = the end of one version IMO, and MxO Emu starting up begins The Matrix: Version 7.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
02-04-2010, 01:27 AM,
I was kinda kidding.

Imo, as we are a fusion of players from all the places (i was in Recursion because my char was there), we should name it not as one of the 3 servers that went at the end.

Maybe it's not fair, but now we would be commoners instead of syntax-ers, recursers, or vector-ers Tongue.

Of course, we can have "little wars" inside,.... i would accept it. (in fact i hope to do more things to the game xD).
02-04-2010, 02:08 AM,
Rentax-Maybe-Hostile

=]