Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Server ?
01-21-2010, 12:45 AM,
RE: Official Server ?
Good point!
01-21-2010, 12:49 AM,
I'm surprise he still has a job. I mean SOE's reputation in the MMORPG market is pretty much in the toilet.
01-21-2010, 12:51 AM,
he gets the ideas, spends money on them, sells them (makes a loss) and they keep him, sounds like SOE logic to me
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
01-21-2010, 02:22 AM,
(01-21-2010, 12:51 AM)Twaggy Wrote: he gets the ideas, spends money on them, sells them (makes a loss) and they keep him, sounds like SOE logic to me

That is true, this is the same company who thought it was good business pratice to drain a MMO for over 4 years, don't advertise for it, don't give it more Devs, don't do anything that may be good for the game and community, and everything will be fine.
01-21-2010, 03:01 AM,
Here is the problem with SOE. To many projects at once. Reason wow is doing so well is they focus on it. Not 4 other things at once. Another issue is the what happened with Sigil for Vanguard that was prime example. They fired the people who knew what the hell was going on and how it worked. Same thing with mxo. Fired the people who knew how it worked.
01-21-2010, 03:08 AM,
(01-21-2010, 03:01 AM)JazznJos Wrote: Here is the problem with SOE. To many projects at once. Reason wow is doing so well is they focus on it. Not 4 other things at once. Another issue is the what happened with Sigil for Vanguard that was prime example. They fired the people who knew what the hell was going on and how it worked. Same thing with mxo. Fired the people who knew how it worked.

I think SOE's primary concern is making $$. Which is not bad in of itself, it's just that they think the way to go about that is to do the bare minnimum.
01-21-2010, 03:20 AM,
(01-21-2010, 03:08 AM)Metalogic Wrote:
(01-21-2010, 03:01 AM)JazznJos Wrote: Here is the problem with SOE. To many projects at once. Reason wow is doing so well is they focus on it. Not 4 other things at once. Another issue is the what happened with Sigil for Vanguard that was prime example. They fired the people who knew what the hell was going on and how it worked. Same thing with mxo. Fired the people who knew how it worked.

I think SOE's primary concern is making $$. Which is not bad in of itself, it's just that they think the way to go about that is to do the bare minnimum.

Pirates of the Caribbean rings to my mind... "TAKE WHAT YOU CAN! GIVE NOTHING BACK!"
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
01-21-2010, 03:23 AM,
(01-21-2010, 03:20 AM)Twaggy Wrote:
(01-21-2010, 03:08 AM)Metalogic Wrote:

Pirates of the Caribbean rings to my mind... "TAKE WHAT YOU CAN! GIVE NOTHING BACK!"

Exactly. You hit the nail right on the head.
01-26-2010, 06:17 PM,

I wouldn't say that WoW is going well because of that.
WoW is going well because it's an easy to pick-up-and-play MMO that many mainstreemtards do. They also don't give a crap about the lore that Blizzard have raped beyond recognition. So the reason WoW goes well is because the mainstreem doesn't give a crap about the lore, just the games.

Which is similiar to SOE where they prefer to patch it all appart with something that pisses everyone off.

I'll never buy any of their products that might lead to support either of these companies.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

01-27-2010, 03:40 AM,
(01-26-2010, 06:17 PM)Zeithri Wrote:

I wouldn't say that WoW is going well because of that.
WoW is going well because it's an easy to pick-up-and-play MMO that many mainstreemtards do. They also don't give a crap about the lore that Blizzard have raped beyond recognition. So the reason WoW goes well is because the mainstreem doesn't give a crap about the lore, just the games.

Which is similiar to SOE where they prefer to patch it all appart with something that pisses everyone off.

I'll never buy any of their products that might lead to support either of these companies.

Blizzards does what the players ask for. Yes its easy to pick up and play, but the players stay becuase they pretty much get what they want to a extent.