Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Scatman Release «Meet your friends» - details
01-05-2010, 06:28 PM,
RE: Re: Scatman Release «Meet your friends» - details
....bascpadubidubidipapa..
[Image: chefsig.png]
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2010, 06:49 PM by Gerik.)
RE: Scatman Release «Meet your friends» - details
(01-05-2010, 06:28 PM)chefmaster Wrote: ....bascpadubidubidipapa..

Pro-Tip: Don't spam.
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM,
to guy 2 post above, dont spam or banstick will hurt for some time.

And for the other thing, doors...

To be exact, we would need the door X Y Z in the world (given by Puppetteer i think) and also the rotation of the door. But that is difficult to check, as rotation byte is not "permanent" as x y z values, so dunno how to check it atm.

Doors have ID attached to it, so a SQL reference or DB would be easy to do.
If you let me some time, i may have a peek on solutions to DB thing and rotation byte, and made a new program getting parts from puppeteer.

Dunno if i would be able to get the rotation and ID... but will check.

On the other hand, i dunno if its the time, because benchs, tubes to climb and elevator doors+buttons and hardlines uses a very similar coordinate pattern (90% same), so we may have to redo all the work for them.

so shall we wait?
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM,
hmmm so getting tubes, ladders, and benches cords are needed
then elevator doors and there controls,
oh light switches cause they turn the lights on and off..
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
01-05-2010, 11:42 PM,
(01-05-2010, 09:27 PM)Morpheus Wrote: er thing, doors...

To be exact, we would need the door X Y Z in the world (given by Puppetteer i think) and also the rotation of the door. But that is difficult to check, as rotation byte is not "permanent" as x y z values, so dunno how to check it atm.

Doors have ID attached to it, so a SQL reference or DB would be easy to do.
If you let me some time, i may have a peek on solutions to DB thing and rotation byte, and made a new program getting parts from puppeteer.

Dunno if i would be able to get the rotation and ID... but will check.

On the other hand, i dunno if its the time, because benchs, tubes to climb and elevator doors+buttons and hardlines uses a very similar coordinate pattern (90% same), so we may have to redo all the work for them.

so shall we wait?

1) You want the XYZ, but these coordinates won't account for rotation, which is needed......this is impossible to do manually? I've messed with the rotation a bit on the puppeteer so let me know if this is incorrect.

Rotation consists of a possible 255 "degrees"?

...the rotation for the doors can only be one of four options/directions, no? N/S/E/W

Couldn't we supply the data that way based on the point of entry?

N=0 S=127 E=64 W=191

2) Each door has a reference ID, so this would be obtained by clicking on the door/world_object, and noted from SQL reality Hex looking output?

3) I would prefer to go ahead and get the data for the, benches, poles, light switches now, just so that it doesn't have to be re-written one day, or...OR...split up this task up a bit, and instead of us ALL finding data for doors, someone find all the bench data, and someone else find all poles/ladders and light switches.

Let me know what you think? Maybe we should start separate thread? None of this is probably relevant to scatman, yes?
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-06-2010, 12:13 AM,
....bascpadubidubidipapa.. this is really not spam morphe its a Scatman!
01-06-2010, 12:24 AM,
(01-06-2010, 12:13 AM)chefmaster Wrote: ....bascpadubidubidipapa.. this is really not spam morphe its a Scatman!

Hehe, funny guy eh?
[Image: newsig-1.jpg]
01-06-2010, 06:07 AM,
i am funny cause i am in love to mxo Big Grin
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM,
I'm just gonna go ahead and start cataloging X.Y.Z and rotation of doors. I'll start thread once I get a few districts done.
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-18-2010, 01:29 AM,
(01-17-2010, 08:02 PM)Neo VII Wrote: I'm just gonna go ahead and start cataloging X.Y.Z and rotation of doors. I'll start thread once I get a few districts done.

which area are you going to start with? And what format are you going to use for this?
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]