Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you love,hate and laugh with.
12-22-2009, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2009, 07:15 AM by FishyHat.)
Games you love,hate and laugh with.
Of all the games you've ever played which ones:

Have stuck with you over the years? the one you find yourself going back to every once in awhile?

The game you hated and/or regret buying?

Games that make you laugh?

For me it would have to be:

The one game that has stuck with me over the rest would be Wasteland. I think it's one of the best RPG's ever made.

The game i hated of them all would have to be Beyond the Beyond for the PSX. Lame story and an insane amount of random encounters.

Games that make me lol over and over would be: Bureaucracy by Infocom and Douglas Adams, Curse of Monkey Island, and Superhero League Of Hoboken.
[Image: MXO.jpg]
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM,
RE: Games you love,hate and laugh with.
Interesting topic, I've been gaming since I was about 3 im 19 now I started on an old DOS pc and am on my 360 as we speak.

Games i loved,
Half-Life 2. Amazing storyline, great setting, terrific characters, very engaging game play.

Grand Theft Auto (franchise), just an amazing franchise that was so original it created an entire genre on its own and kind of evolved gaming to a certain level.

Elder Scrolls (franchise), ES gave every nerd the ability to become a fire shooting high elf mage, or an axe weilding Orc and truly put them into an immersive first person perspective to fight for our lives through dark dungeons and expansive castles with spirits, spiders, bats and black knights.

Games i hated,
Superman 64, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Games that made me laugh,
Leisure suit Larry (pre Al Lowe departure) Nothing more funny than going on a complex adventure with a sleezy middle aged balding midget in a disco suit to get laid.
12-22-2009, 08:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2009, 08:04 AM by Xtank.)
Castle Crashers...look it up if you don't know
Love this because this is one of the only games were you can say I killed that guy with a carrot
Hate it because...so many damn enemies
makes me laugh because...a what the hell...NEWGROUNDS MADE IT
[Image: zeem5672711rs1.gif]
12-22-2009, 08:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2009, 09:06 AM by Morpheus.)
I'm stuck on getting 100% on guild wars before the lock

Love:
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3 Limited edition
Halo ODST
Gears of war
Gears of war 2

did i say i got halo 1,2,3, odst, wars, poseable figures, books, novel and graphic guides? maybe not!

Hate:
Maybe i regret buying Unreal tournament 3. Nothing too big to been a "game". Not like uk2004 which i think is über game.

PS: i win! i started playing with an Amstrad cpc 464 from 1984 (cassette tapes) Big Grin. and developing there on locomotive basic 1.0 . ahh good times .. unless the tape gots screwed after 15 mins of loading Big Grin.
I even played this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeXlRSfHYE ... (cool 3d graphics!... xD)
Never went further than stage 2 though!
12-22-2009, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009, 03:27 AM by Gerik.)
Love:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow/Silver/Gold
Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors
Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City/San Andreas
Knights of the Old Republic

Enjoy, but get annoyed by:

Final Fantasy VII (played through it once and felt like I wasted 10 years of my life somehow lol)
Halo 3
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
12-22-2009, 11:21 AM,
I loved:
- Resident Evil series (pre-RE4)
- Metroid (every single title)
- Metal Gear Solid (same as above)
- Final Fantasy VII (call me mainstream, it's the only one I actually liked)
- Tomb Raider (only since the reboot of the series with Legend)

I hated:
- World of Warcraft (yes, I dare)
- Every other Final Fantasy aside from VII (Pressing "Attack/Magic/Item" is NOT fun)

I laughed:
- Saints Row 2 (Haven't tried it? Leave your computer and go buy it. Now!)
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City/San Andreas/Ballad of Gay Tony
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-22-2009, 08:35 PM,
(12-22-2009, 11:21 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: - Saints Row 2 (Haven't tried it? Leave your computer and go buy it. Now!)
I bought it for my 360. I liked it so much that i bought a 2nd system (another console) and bought it again to play on lan with my bro. You can be all day inside, and in coop is the f##ing funny game ever (or almost xD)
12-23-2009, 03:20 AM,
love:

agree with morpheus here:
*halo series
*gears of war (2) (splittscreen on my 360, simply amazing)
and
*grand theft auto series (gta 2 was the bestBig Grin)
*rainbow six
*trackmania

hate:

*final fantasy
*command & conquer

laugh:

gta IV (roman is such a cowardBig Grin)
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM by EichDee.)
(12-22-2009, 08:35 PM)Morpheus Wrote:
(12-22-2009, 11:21 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: - Saints Row 2 (Haven't tried it? Leave your computer and go buy it. Now!)
I bought it for my 360. I liked it so much that i bought a 2nd system (another console) and bought it again to play on lan with my bro. You can be all day inside, and in coop is the f##ing funny game ever (or almost xD)

Almost lost my social life at one point for this. Probably the best fun I ever had in a game. Ever!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-23-2009, 11:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009, 11:44 AM by Zackattack.)
I love -

Fallout 3 (PC)
Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU/CU)
The Matrix Online
World of Warcraft
Freestyle Street Basketball
GTA San Andreas (PS2/PC)
GTA IV (360)
Dead Space (360)
Modern Warfare (PC)
Modern Warfare 2 (360)