Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix franchise revival
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM,
RE: Matrix franchise revival
The W Bros. really dropped the ball with Reloaded and Revolutions, and I think Warner Bros. holds a good bit of the blame. If you notice that after the first movie got popular WB decided to milk it all it was worth for profit, however a lot of endeavors turned out to be crap because they felt rushed or had no soul.

Look at Enter The Matrix. They should have never tried to make a game to play alongside the films. This game should have been it's own stand alone title, where your decision could affect the games ending. A game focused solely on Niobe and Ghost would have been awesome if the story aspect had been written properly.

Path of Neo. Do I really need to say any more? I can't believe that a game that was to be based around Seraph was canceled for this shitty, excuse for a game. If all three movies could throw up, this game is what you'd be left with. Nice ideas on paper, extremely shitty execution.

Reloaded/Revolutions seems like a rush write just to get something out there. Persoanlly, I think WB was gonna can the franchise after the first movie, since it did horribly in the box office. But when it went to DvD Warner was like, "Oh shit! There's a market!" Not to mention there were too many "ideas" being worked on, so that the movies had to tie in everything else. When you have 3 games in the works, some animated shorts and who know what else, it takes some flair off of what could be written. The biggest mistake, i think, is that we didn't have a chance to see Neo's power grow. One film he just aquires it, the next 2 he's god and nothing can stop him. This makes for a boring feature. They could have featured the Merovingian as an evil character in Reloaded with his ascent to godhood, but they chose to waste this character.