Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visually Impaired Gamer Sues SOE
12-16-2009, 07:59 AM,
RE: Visually Impaired Gamer Sues SOE
oops i sounded bit rude. i meant that in that case Disney cares, but soe dont.. i think.

and yes, sometimes got that feeling you mention.
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM,
This type of complaint has been around back when the TI-994A was still the big boy on the block, and not just with the sight impaired.

I know that Nintendo has third party controllers for people with certain handicaps and if i recall correctly has had them since the days of the NES.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4952297_adapti...apped.html

^Fair warning..the guy in the video is -extremely- annoying.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but i don't think this guy has much of a case..if he does win, what's next? will he sue G.M. or Ford for not making a car the blind can drive?

Maybe i'm being a bit of a cynic on this one, but i have a feeling that it's less about SoE gaming and more about trying to get a large sum of money

Morpheus is right, if this guy wins he may as well sue Activision,EA,Bioware,NCSoft and so on for the same problem. Hell, why not take it one step further and reach back to the birth of gaming and sue them as well.
[Image: MXO.jpg]
12-17-2009, 08:03 AM,
they are working on making cars that drive with the blind
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
12-17-2009, 10:37 AM,
(12-17-2009, 08:03 AM)MajTom Wrote: they are working on making cars that drive with the blind

Yes, and it's called the Passenger's seat!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-17-2009, 10:42 AM,
No its called a computer seeing system. The test they have done with real drivers show the blind ones drive safer..
12-17-2009, 10:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2009, 10:54 AM by wolfdm3.)
I find it oddly funny that City of Heroes made a change to it's Options about 4 months ago, so that the UI could be changed in order to help color-blind players see some of the statistics, such as EXP. Thus, NCSoft shows that they are implementing changes that players asked for when it comes to a handicap.

I do find it incredibly outrageous for a case to be brought to a court, because of a disability. A suggestion or ticket to the team would have been much more intelligent. I guess I'm just used to stupidity, seeing as I have sat in several worker's compensation cases with my father, whom is a lawyer. I've in-fact accused one of them for being an idiot, because he claimed that his shoulder was hurt, though he hunted with a .12 gauge shotgun. The worst part is, he got his money, just like this fool will.
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2009, 11:29 AM by MajTom.)
you call this person a fool but yet you know nothing of the case and are not a lawyer...I have many friends that are lawyers including my godfather this does not make me a lawyer.
12-18-2009, 01:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2009, 01:51 AM by Morpheus.)
being color-blind is not a good think, and i think that it's probably a good movement from NCsoft which is, in fact, one of the better companies for me in the mood. Not like SOE. Not funny at all if you cant see the difference between the fucking red, blue and yellow bars.

And to pace.... the passenger seat is for the non-blind in that case.
Even in mythbusters you can watch a blind man driving a car with full success through a ghost town, with Adam giving directions.
Season 6, Episode 14 - Blind driving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tik5u4lJObw

If it is doable by hand, imagine about using a "software" that autohelps and doesnt have the ambiguous orders that a human can express (Adam was the worst helper, the blind man said between laughs xD).

And indeed, part of my future profession (comp engineering related) depends too on the new improvements said by Majtom(as someone must design & develop the full system). not funny thing.
12-18-2009, 07:16 AM,
Blindness is no laughing matter, but this lawsuit is a bit out of proportion. He did not receive any damages from not playing an mmo.

No one is entitled to the "right to play video games" in the constitution.

Life is tuff i'm sure, but wheel chair bound individuals don't go around filing lawsuits to automakers for putting the clutch/brake/accelerator on the floor when the steering wheel is soo high up in the car. The truth is and will always be...majority rules...
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
12-18-2009, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2009, 08:12 AM by wolfdm3.)
(12-18-2009, 07:16 AM)Rxu Wrote: Blindness is no laughing matter, but this lawsuit is a bit out of proportion. He did not receive any damages from not playing an mmo.

No one is entitled to the "right to play video games" in the constitution.

Life is tuff i'm sure, but wheel chair bound individuals don't go around filing lawsuits to automakers for putting the clutch/brake/accelerator on the floor when the steering wheel is soo high up in the car. The truth is and will always be...majority rules...

@Morpheus: I wasn't saying that I was laughing about the color-blind situation, but rather that NCSoft has the intelligence to listen to it's community in order to prevent a court case. SOE may not have that intelligence, however.

@Rxu: That was entirely my point. It's foolish for him to file a lawsuit, when he could have requested something from the development team. All he wants is money.

@MajTom: I was not saying simply because I have been at multiple court cases, that I'm a lawyer. I haven't taken the bar exam, or taken courses on law, other than read Mississippi Law and Alabama Law from my father. I was relating it to a situation I have experienced, though there really wasn't a similarity. However, the reason for filing a lawsuit are what I find awkward in both situations, because money is the goal of the two.

Greed is just a plague on society.