Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: A New Homepage Look & Forum Design
12-13-2009, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2009, 10:30 AM by Valaro.)
Regarding Post: Valaro:

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know Neo and Morpheus have placed me as a "Community Relations Representative". What is this you may wonder?

Well basically that means that I am a Virrago type character. I will eventually do some small tid bits of news when the dev's don't have time and will be taking some ideas from you guys on all aspects of the EMU and seeing what can be done, to improve what we have already.

Further down the line I will be helping put together and advertise Player run events on the forum and maybe bring back some golden oldies like "Image Retrieval" based on player events and up coming player story-lines. Of course this is all WAY down the line Q4 2010 or maybe into 2011. But hey its always good to plan ahead right?

OK moving onto business. Coming in the next week or so we will have a new homepage when we come onto the site. It looks fantastic Neo is currently working on it adding some new features and enhancements and it should be ready to go soon enough. You can all thank Contained for this!

It is in the works to also create a new look for the forum. Myself, Neo, Contained & Morpheus are all working towards a few ideas but its a little ways off. So that's something to look forward to outside the game.

To finish off I would also like it if the unofficial "Player Event Team" could put together some role play on the role play section of the forums so that we can see just how good a PET them MAY be, after all we don't want Neo returning to life and ending the world or something. Right?

Anyway I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I think that comes from not only me but the Dev's themselves! (They'll do there own little bits).

Take Care

Valaro
12-13-2009, 05:48 AM,
RE: RE: A New Homepage Look & Forum Design
Nice.

/twothumbsup
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM,
Congratulazioni, tesoro!

Good to see the team is getting more and more organized. And with the upcoming new website, it makes it that much more official-like.

Comunque, control over who will - or may - be in the future PET or LET is best decided by the very devs running this entire project. As you said, if the story is to keep going, we don't want it to go out of control because the team is a little too... imaginative. As such, an "audition" of sorts could be integrated, though I doubt roleplays on the forum would be the way to do it. Improvised roleplays tend to actually get out of hands, and a lot of plot holes are accidentally formed. At best, it would help see who has the best narrative skills, but this isn't exactly the idea here.

I do not oppose the installation of a roleplay section though, some people are probably nostalgic enough to get some stories going. Just not in the hopes of forming a team for later events.

And, of course, buon Natale a tutti i combattenti!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-14-2009, 04:53 AM,
While deciphering Agent Pace's Message I will say this:

Thats an interesting point. Back when I was playing the game myself and my first mate used to audition people who joined our Role playing crew. I will also say indeed true those ON a PET most likely wont be when the game is finished, however I am aware of a a small number of people who have got together to talk about the story and such and i think it would be interesting to hear there ideas. It may help those involved in future "auditions" (if we do them) so that we know what they can do.

Thanks for the idea Agent Pace

Val
12-14-2009, 05:23 AM,
(12-13-2009, 05:40 AM)Valaro Wrote: Regarding Post: Valaro:

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know Neo and Morpheus have placed me as a "Community Relations Representative". What is this you may wonder?

Well basically that means that I am a Virrago type character. I will eventually do some small tid bits of news when the dev's don't have time and will be taking some ideas from you guys on all aspects of the EMU and seeing what can be done, to improve what we have already.

Further down the line I will be helping put together and advertise Player run events on the forum and maybe bring back some golden oldies like "Image Retrieval" based on player events and up coming player story-lines. Of course this is all WAY down the line Q4 2010 or maybe into 2011. But hey its always good to plan ahead right?

OK moving onto business. Coming in the next week or so we will have a new homepage when we come onto the site. It looks fantastic Neo is currently working on it adding some new features and enhancements and it should be ready to go soon enough. You can all thank Contained for this!

It is in the works to also create a new look for the forum. Myself, Neo, Contained & Morpheus are all working towards a few ideas but its a little ways off. So that's something to look forward to outside the game.

To finish off I would also like it if the unofficial "Player Event Team" could put together some role play on the role play section of the forums so that we can see just how good a PET them MAY be, after all we don't want Neo returning to life and ending the world or something. Right?

Anyway I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I think that comes from not only me but the Dev's themselves! (They'll do there own little bits).

Take Care

Valaro

Hm... perhaps not, but Morpheus not being dead would be nice.
12-14-2009, 05:37 AM,
I don't really agree with using Retcon on the story given by Rarebit and Monolith/SoE, even if some parts were less appreciated than others. I would prefer if we kept going from there.

And as for Morpheus being dead, the Morpheus Simulacrum always could become the equivalent of what the real one was before.
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-14-2009, 10:16 AM,
Hmm yes agreed there Pace, I would want Morpheus to come back as a character!
12-15-2009, 06:29 AM,
I'm sorry to hear that because the part with Morpheus being dead left a lot of players disillusioned about the whole storyline, wireframe guys and pew pew laz0r eyes just made it worse. So I would very much like a retcon but I guess that could be up for a poll, couldn't it?
12-15-2009, 08:19 AM,
Gratz Valaro, glad to see you helping out here on the forum. T
[Image: gi.mpl?u=7080&f=mxoboard.JPG]sig needed...
12-15-2009, 06:16 PM,
OMG The Pride is taking over. Scary heeheehee
[Image: screenshot_0-3.jpg]