Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FAQs: Please Read Here First! [Discussion]
11-28-2009, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2010, 09:25 AM by Gerik.)
Information  FAQs: Please Read Here First! [Discussion]
Q: "When did this project start?"
A:
Morpheus Wrote:Neo and I became to start working on late may/june of this year 09. So taking june, it would be 5 months + the days in november. Yeah that was about 2 months before closing

Q: "Is the project done?"
A: No.

Q: "How long till the emulator of The Matrix Online is finished?"
A: There's no set completion date, possible finish is between 6 month to a year.

Q: "Will there be any major changes made to the game once finished?"
A: The game will be exactly the same from when SOE had it online, aside from possible updates done by the development team.

Q: "Will CR1 be live in this?"
A: No, the development/coding of the emulator is for CR2.

Q: "I see people posting screen shots of them playing MxO, is the emulator done?"
A: Currently there is no program to run the stand alone client.

Q: "I don't own the original game discs to install/uninstalled the game when it closed. Do you guys have a download for the game here?"
A: The patched version of the game can be found here, you will need to make a new folder and extract all files into it after downloading. Unpatched versions of the game can be found here and/or here, to patch them, download the patched link and replace the files.

Q: "Are you guys accepting donations from anyone right now?"
A: There's currently no system set up for taking donations.

Q: "Is there any way I can help with this project?"
A: Unless you know how to reverse engineer the game code or analyze packet logs, then no.

---
If anyone else has ideas for questions that aren't up here, please send Valaro or myself (Gerik) a PM and I'll add them if necessary, thanks.
---

Feel free to post any ideas or comments that can help improve this list.
11-28-2009, 09:37 AM,
RE: FAQs: Please Read Here First!
Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.
[Image: Dee.jpg]

11-28-2009, 08:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2009, 09:03 PM by Gerik.)
(11-28-2009, 09:37 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.

Indeed, operative.

If anything, Morpheus, Neo or rajkosto can lock the threads and put in a link, directing them here and saving them time to answer if the poster can't read. If this doesn't help, well then maybe...

[Image: banhammer1.jpg]
11-29-2009, 03:44 AM,
Ha! And some people on the old forums said it would be a waste of hard disk memory to not uninstall MxO after July 31st. Can you believe it? Big Grin

If nothing else, I can now have the means to ham up some more of those silly Matrix Poopies webcomic-like feats of audacity. I wonder if I can remake Agent Pace and Agent Gray with this emulator. Hmmm....

*downloads like hell (and it's about time I got around to doing that)*
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
11-29-2009, 02:09 PM,
Oh! But live events characters are unfortunately not made in the same way the player-type characters are, so you can't make them with the RSI tool - though I'm sure you can come up with look alikes!
[Image: Dee.jpg]

12-02-2009, 12:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM by Vesuveus.)
Just popping in to say that this FAQ is awesome.

Also, I think Morpheus said that MxO does not have to actually be installed into a computer. I'm not sure how that works, though.

EDIT: Here is where Morpheus wrote it.
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-64-post-...ll#pid1373
Quote:...
Just un7zip it dude. Mxo doesnt need to be installed.

I got it just copy-pasted in my home xp system xD.

A good game and also portable! (if you call 5-7gb portable)
12-02-2009, 01:40 PM,
(11-28-2009, 08:58 PM)Gerik Wrote:
(11-28-2009, 09:37 AM)Agent Pace Wrote: Thank you for the faq, Gerik. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of dumb questions we get here - but i doubt it.

Indeed, operative.

If anything, Morpheus, Neo or rajkosto can lock the threads and put in a link, directing them here and saving them time to answer if the poster can't read. If this doesn't help, well then maybe...

[Image: banhammer1.jpg]

Like the card, though it would be better (and more true to the spirit of the MxO mods) if it were to read "Stern, but arbitrary".
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2009, 07:11 PM by EmeraldSkye.)
(11-29-2009, 02:09 PM)Agent Pace Wrote: Oh! But live events characters are unfortunately not made in the same way the player-type characters are, so you can't make them with the RSI tool - though I'm sure you can come up with look alikes!
True enough. I was an active player during that whole downer where the Assassin killed Morpheus, and I had to think "You know, it would be cool to have Morpheus' trenchcoat. Now that he's dead, I wonder if I can have it. They don't even have to patch up the bullet holes first." Big Grin

But yeah, the trenchcoat was probably unique and hard-coded into Morpheus' model. Ah, well.
[Image: EmeraldSkyeSig1.jpg]
02-16-2010, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010, 02:44 AM by Morpheus.)
RE: FAQs: Please Read Here First! [Discussion]
Thanks very much for the info...i know it's a pain to monitor these forums, asking question after question...on top of trying to get the game working.
Just know that the work everyone is putting into this is greatly appreciated, & i personally can't wait for the outcome.
[Image: Ziljian2.jpg]

02-16-2010, 03:04 AM,
RE: FAQs: Please Read Here First! [Discussion]
(02-16-2010, 02:20 AM)WolfpaCk_2005 Wrote: Thanks very much for the info...i know it's a pain to monitor these forums, asking question after question...on top of trying to get the game working.
Just know that the work everyone is putting into this is greatly appreciated, & i personally can't wait for the outcome.

Funny part about it is, I have made a post and have it updated by Gerik in the News Forum with the FAQ's in. PLUS Gerik and Metalogic (Very active posters) have it in there sig and its on a hundred odd threads saying go look in this link (FAQ's) and yet still, we have players creating threads with the title:

Not Completed Yet? How Long? -_-