Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Idea? Future Team?
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2009, 05:02 PM by Rylie.)
Potential Idea? Future Team?
Hello, again.

You know... What made me so interested in MxO, what made it so thrilling, at least for me, was the live events. No no no, I'm not talking about those stupid "Watch and don't touch" events, but the ones in the first year of MxO.

Going back, I can barely remember that silly vampire who wanted to create a fourth faction. Fighting him, joining him (Temporarily), then fighting him some more. Being named during an admin message to everyone online for participating in the event. Ahh, so much fun.

Now to my point. If this emulator becomes successful, I suggest composing a live event team who will create new storyline content, knows the story well, and won't screw it up like MxO's late storyline (lol drinking cheat codes! CYCLOPS!). These live events would not be the "Watch and don't touch" events that I became disgusted over when I came back to the game for a third time (Chasing the Train Man and leaving a mark on a wall? lol? Gahd all I did was run places and nothing happened. I WAS SO INVOLVED YES!).

I understand the purpose of creating this emulator was to mostly gather our old community together and continue to role play. However, creating new storyline content and having a live event team bring the story to life would add an extreme enjoyment to the game.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you!
-Ry Angel
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM,
RE: Potential Idea? Future Team?
Hee hee! ;p we're already putting a team together for it.
Since the final emulator is still far away from completion, we are just throwing ideas around and poking. Most if not all the spots are filled, but I'll check with Meta to see if we can free up a spot for you. Besides! I could use help with the writing! Smile
[Image: seraph-2.jpg]
Sophisticated Challenge-Response Authentication Program
L'ange sans ses ailes, "I will take you to the Oracle, but first I must apologize..."

11-22-2009, 06:09 PM,
(11-22-2009, 05:54 PM)Seraph Wrote: Hee hee! ;p we're already putting a team together for it.
Since the final emulator is still far away from completion, we are just throwing ideas around and poking. Most if not all the spots are filled, but I'll check with Meta to see if we can free up a spot for you. Besides! I could use help with the writing! Smile

That would be greatly appreciated. I've already caught myself up to speed on the storyline and have quite a few good ideas bottled up inside. I just want the community to feel like they're back home.

Let me know! Thanks!
-Ry Angel
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM,
(11-22-2009, 05:54 PM)Seraph Wrote: Hee hee! ;p we're already putting a team together for it.

Just to state the obvious, no one has reached down from the Source to annoint X or Y or Z as the story owners, other than X, Y, or Z themselves. No one owns the storyline. There are only people who have squatted parts of it by trying to get the first claim in. Anyone is as qualified as anyone else.

And, really, isn't this talk of stories premature, when there is no mechanism as of yet for designing missions?
11-23-2009, 03:29 AM,
For my 2 cents, I agree with Prospero...

There has been lots of talk of LE teams, but the only people I believe should be able to agree and appoint such things would be Morph, Neo and the coding gang, IF they decide to create an 'official' MxO Emu server instance...

We're working on far to many ifs and buts right now, lets see how things unfold in the near future..

I for one couldn't be less interested in someone's non-cannon ideas for taking the matrix forward... I kinda expect more faction RPGing in the short term, as we'll be a long way off working combat, abilities and LE would be the last piece of the puzzle on a well established public server, most likely to be run with the blessing of the key coders here...

Overall I believe the people playing the game will make the game world what it is and the future of the matrix will be mainly through faction RPG, confrontation, and our personal stories...

2c over Smile Maq

(11-23-2009, 12:02 AM)Prospero Wrote:

Just to state the obvious, no one has reached down from the Source to annoint X or Y or Z as the story owners, other than X, Y, or Z themselves. No one owns the storyline. There are only people who have squatted parts of it by trying to get the first claim in. Anyone is as qualified as anyone else.

And, really, isn't this talk of stories premature, when there is no mechanism as of yet for designing missions?
11-23-2009, 05:47 AM,
(11-23-2009, 12:02 AM)Prospero Wrote: There are only people who have squatted parts of it by trying to get the first claim in.

What he said...
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
11-23-2009, 07:58 AM,
Hey can i write the mobs story? Morpheus Runner, Morpheus Jumper, Morpheus boss, Morpheus Goof...
I claim MaraC as morpheus ganbang territories.

Seriously, claiming things about 6 months before it could be done... meh.

Good ideas.. but .... not the time, maybe not the right way...
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM,
(11-23-2009, 12:02 AM)Prospero Wrote: Just to state the obvious, no one has reached down from the Source to annoint X or Y or Z as the story owners, other than X, Y, or Z themselves. No one owns the storyline. There are only people who have squatted parts of it by trying to get the first claim in. Anyone is as qualified as anyone else.

/thread
11-23-2009, 10:49 AM,
Well, in the very beginning of the conversation, I just suggested the idea of a future live event team. I didn't actually ask if I can join in on anything. Seraph then commented saying he might fit me into a spot. Tongue

Don't get me wrong, all I wanted to do was help the community with a potential idea, that's all. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression.

-Ry Dodgy
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM,
(11-23-2009, 10:49 AM)Hanakra Wrote: Well, in the very beginning of the conversation, I just suggested the idea of a future live event team. I didn't actually ask if I can join in on anything. Seraph then commented saying he might fit me into a spot. Tongue

Don't get me wrong, all I wanted to do was help the community with a potential idea, that's all. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression.

-Ry Dodgy

No wrong impression at all, Ry! Implicit in what I was saying is that your ideas ae as good, as valid, and as welcomed as anyone else's! So share on, bro!
Thread Closed