Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foundations of Code (Zionites)
11-21-2009, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2009, 09:06 AM by Valaro.)
Foundations of Code (Zionites)
Foundation's of Code

As the wind bustled along the streets of the Megacity, bluepills wandering left right and center unaware of the grand scheme of events taking place without there knowledge.

For Valaro and the crew of the HvCFT Tiger standing around at hardlines had become pretty routine. Valaro was on his phone to Ocelet, when suddenly the phone went dead. He closed his phone and opend ait and redialled that last number. There was no dial tone.

He looked up at the rest of his team

"Cell phone went dead Ceege try yours"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa waited at the hardline with the guys making sure it was clear. For the first time she wished she was actually on the strike team. Waiting at the hardline didn’t feel right. Though, hardly anything felt right anymore. She heard Valaro speaking and she came out of her musings. At first she didn’t understand what he was saying, “cell phone went dead, ceege try yours bro..” cell phone went dead? What?
She immediately took out her cell phone and flipped it open. “Operator?” No response. Her gut twisted. She looked up at Valaro and shook her head, “Nothing.”
Ceege was already trying his cell as was Angelis and Radomir. She looked up toward the skyline and hoped that the strike team was alright and that this wasn’t something more than a bad connection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceege grumbled under his breath and dug into his white trench coat pocket for his phone.
He would much rather be jacked in to party at Polyvinyl or dueling his fellow pride members in the international district dojo. He couldn't remember the last time he got to put on his Gi or gold party hat. It seems these days the strikes were becoming much too common, those damn Machine's seemed to recruiting at an alarming rate.
"Nada, nothing, what the hell is going on."
He didn't show it but his nerves began to get the better of him and he looked up and down the slum streets warily.
"Wasn't Rycus on the strike team?" he mumbled to himself, already knowing the answer was yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valaro, got a bad feeling. He put his Cell away in his pocket and looked around.

"There Jamming us. And you all know what that means! There Coming for us and them! If we cant call the ship in the real that means, we cant call the strike team either! And we cant risk giving up the hardline, because then our exit is screwed! Any ideas?"

Valaro wondered why Eichdee hadnt come with him, she was usually first to jump at the oppurtunity to help out, but not this time. He looked up to see if anyone had any suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa looked at ceege, she knew rycus was on the strike team just as he most certainly did. She took a deep breath and focused on what Valaro was saying. They needed to act now and make the decision quick. Rycus wasnt the only pride member on that strike team, if they didn't get them the support they probably needed....a shudder went through her body, she couldnt think that. Pride was family. She looked around at their faces, all grim, set and determined. Her eyes locked with Valaro's.
"Three at the Hardline, two to offer support. If the we lose our exit it will be pointless but from the look of it the strike team is walking into an ambush." she paused and glanced down before looking back up and around their little circle, "We need to hurry."
Just as she finished her sentance, Karaa heard footsteps coming up behind her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah Operative Karaa said an evil voice. This is where you and your friends die! You have attacked many of our Outpost's and stolen very senstive data, this cannot go on any longer!

Valaro grabbed Karaa's arm and pulled her behind him.

"I'm Looking for Catzi"

"Never heard of her, who is she some other random Operative? There are countless in Zion these day's what makes her so special?"

"She is the Leader of the Faction you serve. Do not try to fool us human"

"Im sorry you must be confused with someone else, I am The Leader of The Pride"

He glanced at Ceege qucikly then back to the Agent. They all knew that the story would only buy them a little time.

"GO!" Shouted Valaro...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All five of them quickly turned to run.
"We need to split up!" Ceege shouted as he could feel the Agent close behind them, "Val, Karaa you follow me, Rad, Ang you go West, whoever the Agent follows, lose him and we'll all meet where the sister is always present". They all knew this meant Mara church.
Rad and Ang nodded, a silent good luck in their eyes, and hyper-jumped to the nearest building roof.
Ceege, although he didn't want an agent pointing his FM-1500 at his head, needed the Agent to follow their group, he knew three had more of a chance at losing this infernal machine or best case scenario, defeating him. It had been done before, but only with casualties or The One present. He hoped today that The One was somehow looking over them and his close friend Rycus and the other Pride members in the strike team.
Bang! Bang! Two of the Agents bullets hit an already destroyed building in the slum that the three just managed to duck behind. Stamos wasn't new to the sound of gunshots, all the doped up bluepills around didn't seem to even flinch.
"Now what?" Ceege looked at Karaa as she turned round to see how far away the owner of those bullets was...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa turned as she heard the voice behind her and froze. An agent. Then she felt pressure on her arm and she was being pulled forward and behind Valaro. She looked up at Valaro, his hand was still on her arm. She shifted her gaze to the agent. His face was contorted into what she could only guess was a smile. This was bad, Karaa started looking around for a exit option but couldnt see any that would give them what they needed to get away from the machine in front of them.

"I'm looking for Catzi." The agents voice was monotone

Catzi? What is going on? Karaa checked her watch, the strike team would be moving into the building soon, ten minutes. It wasn't going to be enough time to warn them. She felt panic pushing in on her and did her best to tap it down. She couldn't go to pieces now. There is always a solution she thought. She just had to find it. She heard Valaro speaking and knew they only had minutes. She looked over at Radomir and Angelis their attention was on the agent, posed to attack. Karaa moved her eyes back to the agent in front of her. THINK! she commanded.

"...I'm the leader of the pride." Valaro's statement hung in the air.

She saw Valaro's gaze flicker to ceege. They would have to fight she thought. How would they make it out of this? No operators...no exists.

Karaa heard Valaro shout "GO!" and everything began to move in slow motion...

They all turned to run. She heard Ceege shouting and followed his lead. As they tore down the streets of stamos. They ducked down an alley as bullets hit the side of the destroyed building.
"Now what?" Ceege asked next to her shoulder.
Karaa looked around the wall and then immediately pressed against it.
"Mervs..." She whispered, "idoits are always looking for some action." She said harshly. Mervs and an agent...this couldnt get any worse!
She looked at Ceege, "The strike team is going in that building in five minutes. We don't have time for this." Frustrated, Karaa took a deep breath. "We have to warn them." She closed her eyes and tried to think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valaro, just managing to duck out of the way of two silver fine polished bullets heading towards him and his team. Out of breath he took cover behind a small wall, partially collapsed and returned fire towards the Mervoingian Exiles heading from the other direction.

"THATS NOT ALL THERES CYPHS COMING IN 3 O CLOCK!" Time was running out and the odds were stacked against them!

A Small doorway leading to a small childrens play area in front of one of the heavily damaged buildings was to there left. They all ran through quickly and again took cover. Valaro turned to Karaa.

"Take this, and go! Theres a hardline 6 minutes north of here get to it and warn the strike team! Hopefully it wont be too late! Well hold them off. You must get out, do you understand! Find Eichdee shes on the Tiger! Tell her that Code Alpha 6 is in effect!". They all knew what that meant. In Zion code that meant your captain has died in battle, and that she was in command now, Karaa had just been trasferred to the Tiger to help with the Operations inside the system, along with Ceege and Angelis. This was at Valaro's request. He knew they were the best. But nothing can stop a team of Mervs and an Agent.

Karaa took off running as fast as she could...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Karaa took off Ceege wanted nothing but to follow her and protect her from any danger, she was like his little sister but he knew he stood a better chance of helping her by standing his ground against the coming onslaught and he knew she was the fastest, one of the reasons Val had requested her transfer to the Tiger.
"Well I guess it's me and you Val, hope you remembered your ammo" Ceege said as he unlocked the safety on his twin FM's. "We can take the Cyph's, there's only a couple to back the agent. And perhaps the Merv's, only saw three or four but if that Agent comes, we do what anyone else would do, we run our asses off".
By now Karaa was no longer in sight, and Ceege and Val could hear the running steps of several people.
Ceege was on one end of the wall, nearest the Cyph's and Val on the other. Then from around Ceege's end two exiles dressed in red suits came into view just as one male and one female, both masked popped came from around Val's side. Ceege turned, nodded to Val who nodded back. "FOR THE PRIDE!" Val shouted and both began firing their weapons whilst performing a flurry of acrobatic turns and flips, off the wall and into the street. The enemy returned fire as one Merv and the female Cyph hit the floor, not even having a chance to pull out their weapons.
Ceege seeing the second Cyph drop out the corner of his eye couldn't help a small smile as he remembered why he had joined the Pride and the Tiger, they were some of the best soldiers in and out of the Matrix...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valaro shoved the item into karaa's hands.
"Take this and go! there is an hardline 6 min from here."
Karaa's hand curved around hard metal. She looked down to see a sub machine gun and next to it was a data file. She never carried a gun anymore but she knew she would need it this time. she looked up to protest but the words never came out of her mouth, she saw the look in his eyes and knew that there was no arguing. Pylat and telemancer had that look, it would be pointless to try. She nodded and then looked at Ceege and held his gaze. She mouthed the words "stay safe." and she took off towards the other end of the playground. She had to make it to the hardline, she had to get to the strike team.
Karaa was running so fast she felt like her feet weren't even touching the ground. 6 minutes north, she chanted over and over. She had to make it in less time if she wanted to stop this operation.
Her mind flashed back to Valaro. "Code alpha 6...." She shook her head. No they would be ok. She had to keep telling herself this or she would turn around and go back. How did everyhting get so bad so fast?

Karaa skidded through a puddle as she heard the distinct sound of a gunfight breakout behind her...

The loud racket of metal cracking and melting under the flame torch, mixed with the flaming sparks flying all around the room would seem unsettling for almost anyone. But any person who lived outside the simulation for as long as a month got used to those conditions pretty quickly. Living in stone, metal and mud became routine, while discarding the comfortable reality or a warm bed and a hot shower. But at least this is real

EichDee, dripping wet from sweat under her cheap tank top, was working on repairing the damage the Tiger had taken in their last encounters with sentinels. Her captain, Valaro, had asked her to come along with the crew for the blue-milk run, but she refused - she deemed the repairs as a more pressing matter than sitting at a hardline for an hour waiting for the strike team to come back unarmed. These kind of operations were frequent, and she did not feel the need to accompany them on the mission. They were all qualified operatives, and she feared not.

Stopping for a second to catch her breath, she closed the torch and took off her steel mask. If someone had told her before she would one day do this kind of work instead of her old job sitting behind a desk, she would've called them crazy.

Someone entered the barely lit room behind her. She turned around and smiled at her operator, Ocelet.

- I guess this part is done! she said, with relief in her voice.
- We may have a problem, Dee, answered Ocelet without taking notice of what she said.

With a concerned look on her face, EichDee followed her friend to the broadcast room, where all her crewmates were sitting, jacked in the Matrix. Ocelet quickly threw herself on her seat, and started typing like crazy.

- You'll say I'm nuts, but check this out.

Ocelet pointed on the monitor showing the infinite rain of codes of the simulation. With time, everyone became able to at least decipher it a bit. What Dee deciphered didn't please her.

- They're not there! she said.
- Exactly, confirmed Ocelet. I can't pinpoint the location of any of our crew, and I mean, at all. Not the extraction team, not the strike team. None at all.
- You tried calling them?
- I was on the phone with Valaro when it suddently cut. At first I thought a bad connection maybe. But I wasn't able to get a line any time after this. I triple-checked everything, and it's not a problem coming from us - it's from the Matrix.
- What, are they jamming us?
- Maybe, but I don't know how they managed to actually cut us off from them completely...
- I've never heard of that...
- Me neither. Maybe if --

Their conversation was cut short when one of the operatives - Ceege - convulsed and coughed up blood. Then Valaro, then Angelis. One after the other, they all started acting like they were in some intense fight.

- Oh shit! almost screamed EichDee, jumping towards them to apply medical treatmen.
- It makes no sense!! said Ocelet, typing on her terminal faster then she ever did. I'm not picking anything up, no fights, no machines, nothing!
- Use the emergency jackouts!
- I can't! It won't work if I can't pinpoint their location!

What the hell was going on in there? How could someone cut them off completly from the real world, and block any information about their situation? None of it made sense. Turning her head, she noticed that Karaa didn't look injured, though her heart beat was going nuts. She had to do something, and fast. At this rate...

- Can you jack me in?
- There's no way I could know what's happening to you, so you're not going in there until we know more.

Godammit! she cursed to herself, wondering what she could do to help. For the first time in a long while, she felt totally helpless. All she could do was to stand by, and heal what she could of their wounds.

Please be okay, guys...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fight had started well, both Cyph's were now being put into body bags by their operator in the real and two of the four merv's were down. But just as Ceege and Valaro were starting to enjoy themselves the Agent, who had been watching the fight from a distance decided to intervene.
"This is not your fight exiles! Leave now or face deletion" he ordered. And they obeyed. One winking at the Pride members as they slowly backed away down a nearby ally. Both Ceege and Valaro knew they wouldn't catch Karaa but would be off to tell The Merv their findings, he loved all gossip, he would say "it is his business to know such things."
"Karaa's got 3 minutes left. We need to buy her more time, this Agent could move to any bluepill by her in a second." Valaro whispered to Ceege.
"I heard a rumor that every person who has fought an agent has died? No-one said anything about two persons." Ceege replied.
"Let's hope Karaa makes it and somehow manages to find a way to contact EichDee so we can emergency jack the hell out of here. Lets see what this agent can do." Ceege said cracking his knuckles and removing his now dirty white trench coat as Valaro took his kung fu stance.
"Where is the one you call Catzi, the leader of your weak faction" the Agent again asked.
"We'll show you weak!" Calvin yelled as they both ran at the Agent launching into the air legs outstretched. They got the first hit, sending the Agents glasses flying to the ground, but this Agent was no weaker than all other Agents, for every punch and kick the Pride members landed the Agents hit was worth ten. He soon had the upper hand. Having punched Valaro into a nearby wall, nearly knocking him unconscious, he had Ceege against a wall throwing what seemed like a hundred punches in a second into Ceege's ribs.
Ceege gritted his teeth as blood trickled down his chin and over the collar of his black shirt. C'mon Karaa, you won't let us down, he thought through the pain...

Karaa was breathing hard now. She tried to remember that it wasnt air she was breathing but that did little to steady her frantic gasps. She was so worried that somehow this wasn't going to work. Hardlines would be ok, they can jam us but not hardlines, she kept reminding herself. She glanced down at her watch 2 min. Then she saw it, the hardline. She crashed into it a seond later and seemed to have the phone in hand with the same movement.

"Operator?" Karaa asked breathelessy.

Valaro getting up off the ground, spitting the blood out of his mouth. The agent still punching at Ceege, was so occupied taht he didnt see Valaro running up behind him. He ran at the Agent and Time slowed down, Valaro leaping through the air with a Handgun firing bullets into the agent. He didnt have a chance. The Agent fell dead to the ground.

He helped Ceege yp and said "You Ok Cal?" Yeah im beat up but I can handle it dont worry". Valaro remembered back to when he was interviwing Ceege.

"So youve been a part of The Pride for a while now. One of the reasons you havn't met me or my Crew is because where the, how would you say. Dark Teams. We dont exist. Some might say we operate the missions that were never thought of. You understand?

Yes Captain I Understand.

Im going to get down to Brass Tacks here Ceege. Ive seen your potential Ive seen what you can do. In fact the way you handled that little Merv Operation last year I have to say youd make a fine addition to my Crew. I understand you have friends, Family almost. But to be honest I need you. Dee said you helped her out of a Jam. And well it seems you were destined to be a Guardian Angel to Tiger almost. I need you" He patted him on the back as they ran towards the hardline with due haste! We dont have long he thought to himself. At that moment, a bluepill morphed into An Agent. The fight was back on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ocelet saw Karaa pop up on the screen.
"Operator?" Karaa asked breathelessy.
"Karaa! What the hell is going on??"
"Extraction team is under attack in central Stamos. Strike Team is walking into an ambush. I need priority emergency jack out for Valaro, Ceege, Angelis, and Radomir. I need you to contact the operators for the crews involved in the strike teams and tell them they need extractions."

Ocelet's mind was reeling. "The emergency Jack out isn’t working."
Karaa's body went stiff and then she practically yelled into the receiver, "get it up and running!"
She took a deep breath, yelling at Ocelet wont help.
"Karaa...I don't know how, it’s the matrix, nothing on our end."
"Is Dee there?" karaa asked quickly.
"Here, Karaa." Came Eichdee's sure response.
Karaa paused for a second.
"Alpha code 6 is in effect." Karaa hated how weak her voice sounded.
There was silence on the other end of the line.
"Find a way to get the guys out of the matrix." Karaa’s voice was low.
"Where are you going?" Ocelet shouted into the receiver.
"To warn the strike team." Karaa answered.
"Karaa, there is no time, they're already moving." Answered EichDee
"I'll make it; just find a way to get the teams out of here."

Karaa hyper jumped to the nearest building not bothering to hang up the phone.

"Karaa?!?" came a barely audible voice from the dangling receiver.

Ceege and Valaro broke into a run, they knew they might not survive another Agent fight.
"We should get to the church" Ceege gasped, his insides still sore, "Karaa will be ok, no-one would have noticed her with the speed she can go, we need to make sure Ang and Rad are ok too and buy more time for Karaa to help the strike team".
Bang!
The Agent fired a shot just missing Ceege's arm but ripping his shirt and grazing his arm, he shrugged it off, no time to cry over small wounds.
They had reached Richland but still had some distance to cover. Then they saw them.
Valaro stopped for a brief second and Ceege said a silent "no, they can't have..."
There in the distance, surrounded by a gang of about ten masked Cypherites was Angelis, clutching his chest, blood everywhere. They weren't doing anything though. Taunting him probably, or maybe waiting for this Agent.
What had happened to Rad? Worry gripped Ceege and Valaro but not fear, they forgot about the Agent tailing them and ran full speed towards their fellow Pride member...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running at full speed with Ceege, Valaro was thinking out strategies on how to take on the CYPH's, thats when he realized it wouldnt be as easy as he first thought.

At that point Ceege was struggling to keep up due to the amount of damage the Agent had done and thats when it ht him. He grapped Ceege by the thorat and threw him to the ground. Ceege about to jump to his feet, was pushed down by Valaros foot.

"Don't Get up!"

Ceege pushed his foot away and jumped to his feet.

"What the hell?"

"I told you not to get up!"

Ceege ducked a right hook and punched Valaro in the rib, dazing him. Valaro then went for a roundhouse and missed, Ceege ducking from Vals foot, didnt see the Dim Mak Strike coming. Ceege spurted blood from his mouth and fell to the ground. He was Loosing conciousness fast.

"You were a replacement for me Ceege, no hard feelings eh" and delivered a final blow to the skull. Ceege was out cold, barely breathing.

Valaro walked up to the Cyph Team, all of them ready to take him on but at the same time wondering why he did what he did.

"Im joining you! I've had enough of running, with the odds constantly outnumbering me! I want to be put back in, and pretend this never happened. You have my allegiance!"

One of The Operatives stood forward.

"If thats true then were happy to have you aboard, but this seems a little strange. We need you to do something for us. Call it an act of good faith? Kill him" he pointed to Angelis.

Valaro looking at him says: "He was a close friend of mine and has valuable information regarding several of the other Crews in Pride, hell be useful." The CYPH leader looked at him. "What of that one?"

Valaro looking back at Ceege. "Dead, he was a liability or I would have brought him too"

"Very well. Come with us we need to get you to safety. What about your ship theyll be able to see this wont they?"

"No, he Machines have found a way to block transmissions to ships in The Real. Theyll think I'm being held Captive".

They turned and walked away slowly. Valaro took out his Colt and shot himself in the arm, therefore giving the impresion in the real that he had been wounded. He punched angelis in the face rendering him unconsious and left with the Cypherites along with him....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa landed on a roof above the given location for the strike team. She ran to the edge of the building and looked over, relief flooded her. They hadn't gone inside yet! She jumped from the building and began running towards them.
"Rycus!" she yelled.
He turned to her with a surprised look. He turned to a man standing next to him, though Karaa was too far away to hear what was said. Everyone in the group stopped inches from the door of the building.
She closed the distance between them and crashed into Rycus, landing them both on the ground.
"It so good to see you!"
"Karaa, you really need to work on the whole stopping thing." groaned Rycus.
Telemancer jogged over from the front of the group and said, "Karaa what are you doing here?" She accepted his outstretched hand and was on her feet in the next second.
"Ambush. We're being jammed; my group was attacked at the Hardline. We're scattered all over right now."
"Ambush?" Telemancer asked incredulously.
"Yes, it seems the agents are out for pride blood. If you went into that building you wouldn’t have gotten out. The agent that attacked us was looking for Catzi. We need to get everyone to a Hardline. Emergency Jack Out is on the Fritz."
Karaa turned to the group and said, "Agents will be here soon. Go to the nearest hardline and jack out."
The group turned to look at Telemancer, he nodded his agreement and everyone took off it different directions.
She made it. She warned them and now they were on their way out. Karaa suddenly felt exhausted. She looked to the west; she had to get to mara church. Hopefully, the guys were already jacked out but there was no way she was leaving without them.
Karaa turned to Telemancer and Rycus, "is Catzi in the matrix?"
"Don't know."
"I have no idea."
"Tele get to a hardline and see if you can find Catzi. Tell her what’s happened." She turned to Rycus, "Angelis and Radomir headed west in Stamos find them and then jack out."
They both nodded, "What about you?" asked Telemancer.
"I'm heading back to where I left Ceege and Valaro."
Both men looked worried.
"I'll be fine. Catzi needs to be warned and Ang and Rad need back up. I left Ceege and Valaro, I have to go back. We have to be careful; someone had to tip off the machines." Karaa took a deep breath. "Rycus, if you can't find them in stamos, try mara."
He nodded, "Be careful."
"Yeah, I won’t be putting you in a body bag." Telemancer said tensely.
"I'll be fine." Karaa assured them.
They all nodded and then took off in separate directions...

- Karaa? Karaa, come in!

EichDee threw the headset on the floor and cursed out loud. Talk about a blue-milk run! She turned towards Ocelet, who was waiting for instructions.

- Can we still pinpoint her? EichDee asked.
- We never did, actually. We only got a phone call from an empty hardline.
- Seriously, what the --

The sounds of a heart monitor went nuts, sending loud and high pitched bips across the room. As she checked, she saw Ceege go into critical state, and his heartbeat suddenly slowed down all in one shot, to a desperately low rhythm. He probably had lost consciousness, and was near death. Another monitor acting crazy. This time it was Valaro. From the diagnostic screen, it looked like a bullet injury. At this rate...

- That's it, you're jacking me in! she said, resolve in her voice.
- I'm sorry? opposed her operator. No way I'm --
- You heard it like I did, Ocelet; Code Alpha 6 as been ordered. It means I'm in charge; My ship, my rules. You're jacking me in, and there's nothing you can say that will change my mind. They need all the help they can get.
- I... Understood, resigned Ocelet.
- Meanwhile contact the other ships and transmit the info. Priority is to get our friends out of there!

She quickly sat in the last broadcast chair available and started setting up the computer, not even waiting for her operator. Ocelet, with a face that strongly disagreed, plugged Dee into the Matrix.

Wearing a black business suit, black skirt, black sunglasses, stockings and high heels, EichDee was gazing the city from the top of a thirty stories high building. Her hair was tied in a tight bun, instead of the dirty ponytail she had in the Real, and she wore light makeup. She gave off a very Agent-like impression, result of the time she spent as a machine operative, not even aware at the time that she lived in a simulation.

She even wore the earpiece Agents were identified by, another cause of that time. She was issued with one back then, and she created some kind of dependence to the flux of information constantly sent by the device. Jacking in without it was like jacking in without eyes, as a comparison. It even gave her insight on the small regular updates within the Matrix, and position of Agents; a very useful tool. She only used it as a receiver, though, so machines never managed to trace her position that way.

Her cell phone rang. She slided it open, and put it to her ear.

- Dee here.
- Good, seems I can reach you for some reason, said the voice of her operator.
- I guess they don't know I'm here yet... But... Doesn't that mean they didn't block the ship, but rather the operatives on board?
- What do you mean?
- I mean, I thought the Tiger got jammed, but since I'm okay... The crew members on the mission were targeted individually?
- That doesn't make any sense. There is no record of the Tiger. We don't exist, machines have no idea --
- There's a mole, concluded EichDee.
- No... No way.
- Consider the possibility. For now I'm going to back Karaa up.

Closing the phone without waiting for an answer, she jumped down to the streets below.

Meanwhile somewhere in International...

Valaro had just came out from another Hardline. He looked around. He knew the location all to well. Furihata, one of the clubs Catzi loved to hang out at alot was right near here, an so was her apartment. Where CYPH's in on this too?

"That Agent said something about looking for Catzi, whats that about?"

"Yeah were looking for her too, Agents came to us and made a deal. In exchange for help with finding that bitch, we would be given secret EPN Operative Location data."

"Ok ill let you guys kow one thing. I may believe in Cypherite Ordeals, but I dont agree in fightig EPN. The Kids gone off on a wild card and is making trouble for himself. Hes going to get alot of people killed and the further I am away from that the better you got it?"

"But we tought you said you resent Zion now?" he turned to face Valaro.

Valaro took off his Black Void shades "Your weakness is your ability to find a difference between two completley seperate factions. E Pluribus Neo are not Zion. EPN do something in the public face to get there message across. Whereas crappy old Zion, have dark teams and missions that "never happened", it wold be wise not to confuse to the two... Name?"

"Its Bracio, and I guess your right. Alright were almost here. Ive informed the boss, he says to get you kitted out with CYPH Elite gear, your being put to work in... *looks at his watch* an hour. Be ready got it."

They entered a CYPH safehouse, and Valaro went into an empty room and sarted changing into his gear. On the bed beside him was a document titled: "Valaro - Eye's Only"...

"You were a replacement for me Ceege, no hard feelings eh" then nothing but darkness creeping in around him. There was no sound, just a slight distant mumbling.
Then after what felt like hours his eyes slowly opened, the Matrix sun beaming down on his face. It felt so real and warm, what he'd give to feel the real sun on his face in the real. As he fully came to all he could feel was pain. He crawled to a nearby bench and forced himself up onto his feet using the bench for a crutch.
His mind was all a blur, the Agent, then the Cyph's and Valaro attacking him?! Had he betrayed them...no...he said something about Ceege replacing him. And his attack seemed part of a plan, maybe to help.
His head hurt too much to remember all the details and just then he remembered the place he told them to all meet, Mara Church. This was his destination, who knows how much time had passed, would they still be there?
He limped off into the direction of Mara central as quick as his aching legs could take him.
Bluepills looked at him like some sort of crackhead the whole way, not one seemed bothered enough to ask if he was alright, he laughed in irony to himself knowing that one day he may be seeing some of these faces in Zion and that he was fighting for their freedom without them even knowing it.
He could see the church in the distance, just up those steps.
He pushed aside the big wooden doors with the large crucifix embedded on them. If ever a Jesus did exist in the real he could use his help now.
"Ceege!" he heard a familiar voice shout.
Rycus ran over and put Ceege's arm over his shoulder for support and led him to one of the pews where Radomir was sat. The one bluepill in the building tutted and walked towards the exit, obviously this intrusion had disturbed her prayer time.
"Man am I glad to see you guys!" Ceege said joyfully, "Please someone tell me just what the hell is going on here".
Rycus explained his side of the events, about Karaa finding them before they entered into the death trap and how she sent him to find Angelis and Radomir.
Radomir followed with his explanation. "After we split up we managed to get to Mara but were ambushed by a whole troop of Cypherite scum. Angelis made it clear that one of us had to make it to the church if we were to have any hope of helping the strike team. I was about to plead with him to let me be the one to stay and fight but he was having none of it. He darted towards the Cyph's before we'd even finished deciding and i knew that was that. Every ounce of me wanted to stay and help him but I knew that would be dishonor his choice, I...I don't know what happened...I couldn't bare to turn around to see..." Radomir's voice began to choke and he stopped there.
"I saw him, he was badly injured but alive" Ceege explained, seeing Rad's face light up ever so slightly at the news. And then Ceege explained what he remembered of Virago's actions.
"Hmmm" Rycus muttered "perhaps he knew that would be the only way you'd be left behind, considered dead and hopefully he found a way to keep Angelis alive too. Karaa went back to find you and him by the way, hopefully she'll find her way here soon when she realizes you're not in the slum anymore. And hopefully if she runs into trouble someone will help her. Shall we go?"
"Karaa is a tough chick, and fast, we best stick together and wait here for her before we all get into trouble again"....

Karaa ran through the playground to where she last left Ceege and Valaro. Even though she had been here a few minutes ago in seem liked a lifetime. She looked around and couldn’t see anyone. Karaa went closer to the destroyed buildings and saw trails of blood. She grimaced, please be ok. She looked around the corner and saw dead bodies. Karaa gasped and her hand went to her chest grabbing a fist full of her shirt. She walked closer and immediately saw that these were cyphs and mervs. She took a deep breath and lean against the broken wall. "I'm getting too old for this..." She said out loud. She was one of the younger members in the crew so whenever she said this particular comment everyone just shook their heads and laughed.
Karaa decided to take one last look around before she headed toward Mara church. Something caught her attention off to the side of the broken building she was just leaning on. From the look of the body it was a local. Karaa tilted her head. Could he have been caught up in the cross fire? No, she immediately dismissed the explanation, stamos locals were smart for the most part, when a big gun fight breaks out, they usually duck and run. Karaa continued to stare at the body ....Her eyes grew wide..."Agent." she whispered. Then a smile form on her face, that’s my boys.

"Miss Johnson." Said a monotone voice.

Karaa immediately froze, her blood gone cold. He was too close. Shit. She caught movement from her peripheral vision, she turned towards it and another man emerged though he wasn’t dressed in a suite. CYPH, she guessed.

"Hey girlie" He said with a smile on his face.
Disgust crossed Karaa's features but that only made the cyph smile wider.

"The trouble you've cause Miss Johnson has become irreparable." Karaa turned so she could see both their faces.
"It’s unfortunate that I have to terminate you, Miss Johnson. You were able to practically predict human behavior; we have not found such a bluepill since your ....departure."
Karaa remembered this particular agent. He used to be her contact with the FBI. That life seemed so far away.
"I would offer you a spot on a machinist ship but I know you will refuse, as you have in the past. Your stupidity astounds me."
Karaa stayed quiet during his monolog, trying to think of a way out.
"The only thing Zion is known for is idiots’, death and defection. Your own crew is not even immune to these universal truths. You have all three."
Karaa locked eyes with the agent.
"Oh, you are unaware?" Karaa could see that the machine was enjoying this. She glanced back at the cyph who was inching closer.
"Not even 5 minutes ago your crew member lost his life by the hand of your captain."
The statement seemed loud in Karaa's ears. She couldn’t swallow. What? No...No she didn't believe it.
"Lies." her voice was shaking.
"Do not personify me with human vices, Miss. Johnson. We both know I am above such things."
“You were a valuable asset before you were so rudely awakened. Now you are nothing more that a human faced with deletion.”
“Too bad, you’re a cute one.” The Cyph was closer now. She hadn’t been paying attention to him. Her mind was in overdrive. Move. Move. Move. Her mind was screaming at her now.
“Goodbye, Miss Johnson.”
There was no where to go. This was it. Karaa looked up wanting to see the Sky rather than the agent’s face. There was a building off to the side relatively intact. That’s strange for Stamos she thought. Then she realized that was her point of exit. She smiled.
They were both pointing the guns toward Karaa now. She knew she had to time her plan perfectly or it would be the end.
Karaa hyper jumped just as she heard the shots. As soon as she landed on the roof she began to run.

………………………………………………………

The agent turned toward the Cyph. The man was holding his left shoulder.
“Ouch.” He laughed.
“Your assistance is no longer required. Return to your captain and assist in the capture of Catzi. I will retrieve Miss Johnson. Tell your captain, that the tiger crew is on the spiral downward.”
“Yes sir, I will update my fellow crew members on the situation.”
He turned to go, “Really is too bad about the chickie…” he shook his head and was gone in the next second, his departure hidden by crumpled buildings.
With their captain gone, one member captured, one member dead…soon to be two, the tiger would finally be destroyed. A major victory for the machines…
With that the Agent gave chase. He would catch her. Miss. Johnson would not escape this time.

At the same time in International:

Valaro slowed down time, and managed to just dodge the 3 bullets fired at him by the Exile Operative. He ran towards him at full speed and put his right hand out and rested it on the gun, while he switched positions and grabbed the Exiles face with his left hand, and almost without moving turned the gun and shoot him in the head, Blood spattered all over the wall. He dropped the gun.

He had been given an Agent earpiece to keep in contact. He proceeded into the next room and said "Clear".

Valaro went to the safe on the floor and placed his ear against it. "3, 35 left, 41 right" The safe clicked and the door opened. Inside was a document entitled "Zionite Crew Log. Part 1 of 4: Richland Ship's"

"I have what were looking for. HvCFT Catzi's Kitten's? According to the File she isn't in Richland. Yes. The Tiger wont be a problem unless Eichdee decided to start working overtime on repairs. Look the prototype cloaking device was damaged in the last sentinel attack. Ok. Ill re-organize this team of idiots you gave me and start... Ok well I cant guarantee with these slops. Ok. Let me speak and make a deal with the.... Ok. Ill be in touch in a few days."...

- Well, this is a gruesome scene...

EichDee was standing in a backalley in Stamos, one of the many poor districts of Westview. Before her were puddles of blood, some shell casings, and the distinct feeling of a deadly battle's aftermath. No bodies in sight though...

Blood or not, Westview always disgusted her, even back in the days she actually lived in the Matrix. The whole Westview sector was the poorest area in the entire city; buildings were mostly abandoned, streets were cracked open and suspended ones were almost all crashed on the streets bellow. You could really see the difference when crossing the bridges between Richland and Westview. Almost no one lived there these days, only low lives and scums. Not a nice place to visit.

A familiar sound from far off brought her back to reality. A very familiar sound. The sound of a metallic hammer slamming into the primer of a .50 caliber shell casing, causing an small explosion with a very distinct noise. The noise only one weapon in the world had. A Desert Eagle .50AE, often called the FM-1500. An Agent! Where?!

As she thought this, she noticed the noise was coming from way up. As she tilted her head back to see, she saw someone jump from rooftops to rooftops across the buildings where she was. A few seconds after, she saw an agent follow across. Karaa!

Not wasting any time, she jumped up and landed on the roof of the twenty story-high bulding, and gave chase. But she soon noticed that, even though Karaa was still speeding in the distance - and what speed she had - there was no one chasing her. Only an old man was standing on the next building, looking very confused. Shit, he spawned out!

The second after, Dee saw the Agent break through a roof exit door, right beside Karaa, who was taken by surprise. The Agent quickly took his massive handgun out, and started unloading. Karaa had barely the time to take cover behind nearby aeration pipes. She was pinned down. The Agent walked forward a little bit, just to be in sight of his target.

- Goodbye, Ms. Johnson, said the Agent, about to shoot the finishing bullet.

But instead of the loud, dry and metallic sound of the FM, the bullet fired had a dramatically softer sound, almost like a loud whistle. The Agent spawned out, his host dead by head shot, and EichDee - who managed to catch up - was holding a barrel-smoking silenced Westek hangun.

- Dee! Karaa said, a sigh of relief escaping her mouth.
- Are you alright? Did you get hurt?
- No, I'm good. Thanks. But... why are you here?
- Don't tell me you thought I wouldn't come after that little phone call of yours!

Karaa threw a timid smile. Of course she knew. EichDee always had a problem with acting on impulsions, jumping the gun so to speak. It was no surprise that she actually showed up, people were getting used to it.

- That Agent won't give up just yet, we have to go, said Karaa.
- Right, just don't outrun me.
- I'll try, you slowpoke!
- Ms. Prevost, talked a new voice right behind them.

As they turned around, they saw the Agent right behind them. How did he..!? As she looked, she noticed the confused old man was gone. Of course... He just took his old host... How careless of me...

- I find it... amusing that even after all this time, you still wear your old outfit.

It took Dee a second to catch on. But when she did, she was filled with an immense feeling of irony.

- Agent Norris... she said, recognizing him. Wow, isn't this one big family reunion!

EichDee and Karaa, when still bluepills, both had gotten a job in the federal building, and were working directly under Agents, thinking they were normal feds. It was all part of an experiment conducted by the machines to track Zion operatives easier. Potentials had an affinity to draw out more of their kinds, as Zion constantly searched the Matrix for them. The machines used those potentials as baits, offering them jobs under their secret watch. When they would be contacted by Zion, Agents would come in and eliminate the operatives.

EichDee, personally, was responsable for the deaths of over twelve Zion operatives that, at the time, she thought were criminals. The machines didn't use this plan the same way every time, or Zion would've caught on. Karaa had a different, and yet similar experience, but years later. The machines probably had a better way by then, since Karaa didn't seem to have inherited the dependence to the earpiece like she did.

The one point that linked directly Dee and Karaa was, as a matter of fact, Agent Norris, as he was their superior to them both back in those days. And now the three of them were standing on a rooftop, about to decide what to do.

- So, Karaa... What's your call? Run or shoot?

Karaa Stared at agent Norris…she hated him. He filled her nightmares in the real. Her hands formed fists at her side. All the lives she ended because she thought she was working for the good guys. All the Zion operations she stopped, all the people her actions killed.... all their loved ones that waited in Zion for them…and now knew they weren’t coming; instead their murderer joined their ranks. She gritted her teeth. She was so caught up in the possible death of ceege and defection of Valaro that her anger had not risen. Now her anger flared. She tried to atone for her actions. She took spots on suicide runs away from other operatives, volunteered readily for missions…anything…anything to try and repair the damage she had done, knowing that her actions never could. She was blind and now their blood was on her hands. She pinpointed their operations, profiled them, and practically handed them over to the machines in a nice neat package. Karaa always had excelled in predicting human behavior; she enjoyed her job and never felt bad about it until the day the operative that awakened her ending up in her interrogation room. Karaa’s knuckles were white now.

“I’m tired of running.” Karaa practically spat.
Eichdee looked over at Karaa for a brief moment, taken aback by the intensity of the emotions behind her words.
“Shoot it is…bad day for you Agent Norris.” EichDee was always in control. Karaa knew she could depend on Dee for anything. Whenever Karaa was in trouble there was Dee with her Wesket gun, dragging her ass out of the fire. She hoped one day she would be able to return the favor.

“My two greatest protégées’ this is like something out of a bad human novel. Turning on your mentor. Like I said before Miss. Johnson, universal truths for your species.”

EichDee Turned to Karaa, “What is he talking about?”
“Valaro.” Karaa whispered.
“What?” Eichdee hissed.
“According to Norris, Val killed Ceege and joined the cyphs.”
Eichdee shook her head, this didn’t add up she thought. Before she could respond, the Agents voice cut into her head.
“You will finally meet you end Miss Johnson, I have waited long to be this deliverer!”
Eichdee’s head snapped back to the agent but he was gone. The next thing she heard was Karaa scream in pain.

Karaa felt her back crashed into the concrete and couldn’t help the scream that escape her lips. The pain was everywhere; her vision became spotty as her air supply was being choked off. Karaa gasped and then locked her foot around the agents outstretched arm while her other foot connected with the side of his face. Karaa felt herself fall and the very distinct sound of a gun click by her head. She became still as she looked up into a FM 1500.
“How does it feel Miss Johnson? Knowing that this is the end for you? That I will be the one to end your pathetic existence?”
Karaa shifted her gaze upward. She wouldn’t look away this time.
“Never took you for theatrical, Norris.” Karaa rasped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
International:

The wounded cyph walked into a dojo in sai Kung central.
“Caius, where have you been?” asked a man sitting at a laptop computer screen.
“Was tailing the chickie, until the agent showed up, you can take her off the list.”
“Your arm?” the man asked.
“She’s a fast girlie.”
“Better update the boys Ace.”
Good, Ace thought. “She was trouble, glad to hear she’s out of the picture.”
Ace put his hand to the wire in his ear and said, “Attention, Operative Karaa has been removed for the priority list, one more to go boys…”
Ace put his hand to the wire again.
“Termination” He added.
Caius titled his head as he looked at Ace. Someone was asking questions? Heh, must be the new addition...
“Agent Norris.” Ace said into the wire.
Ace turned to Caius, “Here is your wire, go assist in the search for Catzi, Help out the new guy.”
Caius smiled.
“Be nice.” Ace reminded him.

Caius walked into the room with Valaro who had just slid his phone closed. Valaro walked over to the Window and looked out.

"Storm's Coming".

"Yeah weather forecast says its to be rainy. Nothing we aint seen before, as long as that little tyke Sati is stil runnin around well be all right. So uh whyd you leave? I mean forgive me but it seems a little suspisious to me that when we start chasing your crew all of a sudden, and we got you backed against a wall you just become CYPH?"

Valaro took out his gun. A Revolver. Chrome Silver. 8 Shots. The initials S.P engraved on the barrel. He turned to face Caius, who was taken back by his glance. Staring at the gun he slid his hand back and forth along it and starting slinging it swicthing between hands. Suddenly his stare met with Caius.

"This gun is the best there is. Given to me by a very close friend as a gift for inviting her to my crew. I've killed countless Merovingian Exiles, Machine Operatives and even some EPN scum. I've been able to kill a man before the thought to draw his gun and shoot me got to the end of his nervous system." His glance hadnt broken with Caius. "So ask yourself. Do I really look like the kind of guy, that needs to formulate a plan to save his crew mates and himself, when i could have simply gunned down every Cypherite Operative that stood in my path?"

Caius was shaking as Valaro's gun was now trained on him. Small ounces of sweat was sliding down his brow, his heart rate had increased and he was breathing irradically.

"I... I'm Sorry, I didnt mean.." CLICK! Valaro pulled the trigger...

Caius, was so scared he urinated himself. Valaro looking down at the Cypherite grinned, and went into the next room. BANG! This time a real shot went off. Caius sat in total fear listening to the door opening and then the elevator doors closing. Valaro had killed Ace and left Cauis too afraid to even try and stop him. He sat in the room by himself, Valaro now gone. There was a silence.

Valaro walked out into the street below. A strong breeze blew past him, the streets had now become deserted as it was late at night and the majority of the bluepill population had gone to bed. A light drizzle started to drop over the city. Valaro began walking North in the direction of the Aquaduct Bridge, leading to Downtown...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelis' eyes opened slowly... blurry at first, he came to realize he was being transported somewhere by the group of Cypherites he was battling and fell victim to just moments earlier. He couldn't help but think how he should have been able to take them.... especially since he uploaded an ability, one of his prized possessions that he had gotten from Tank ages ago. Tank and Angelis use totrade rare items during their free timesitting around each others bunks in Zion which were both cluttered with rare items, hence why they were sometimes called "collectors" by other Zionites. This ability Angelis uploaded before the mission is one he had been trying to master. It was old, Tank wasn't sure where it came from, maybe another instance of the matrix, or maybe even an exile. The Ability's Disk was labled "ZM" -thats all. It was like a drug. He knew he wasn't suppose to mess around with abilities that weren't studied and passed as safe by the council. But no one knew, so curiosity got the best of him. Not even Karaa knew what he had been doing behind everyones back. He started to wonder if this ability was traceable by the machines, and if this is all his fault? If something happened to Karaa because of him he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. Then remembered Valaro shooting one of their own... Did that really happen? What the hell is going on? Angelis slipped back under consciousness...
Dee turned her head, her eyes wide open. Norris was now over Karaa, his .50AE pointed at her head. It all happened so fast; even Karaa didn't seem to pick him up. She was laying down on the roof's cement, a huge crack under her, with blood splattered all around. She probably cracked her head open with that fall, and with the look on her face, she was nearly unconscious.

- How does it feel Miss Johnson? Knowing that this is the end for you? That I will be the one to end your pathetic existence?”

She threw a hard stare at his black sunglasses, and with a grin, even if it was probably painful as hell, she said:

- Never took you for theatrical, Norris.

With a simple hum, Norris cocked his handgun, ready to pull the trigger. Without thinking, and even though it was probably futile, EichDee jumped at Norris at high speeds, causing a collision that dropped both the Agent and EichDee on the hard floor. Unfortunatly, he had the time to unload a round, which lodged itself into Karaa's left clavicle, right next to her shoulder. She screamed in pain, but would probably live. At least for a little moment longuer, Dee thought, honestly not knowing what to do with the Agent still under her.

Norris gave her a curious look, and said:

- Ms. Prevost, I'm afraid what you just did delayed the inevitable. I hardly doubt you can beat me again all by yourself, and if you somehow manage to do it, I will come back a few seconds later. Please stop your stupidity and accept her death.
- Like I'll let you do it without a fight, she hissed back.

She jumped back on her feet with agility, while Agent Norris calmly got up like nothing had happened. He groomed away the dust on his suit, and took back his stoic attitude. Dee gave a look at Karaa; she wasn't moving anymore, but she could see her breathe slowly. If only she could --

An immense pain resonated through her body, as the Agent went to the offensive without warning. He had punched her in the gut with a left low strike, and immediately followed with a right hook, crushing her jaw. She went flying and crashed-landed into the wall of the roof exit. Stunned, her weight seemed to have tripled, as she was struggling to get back up. Blood was spurring from her mouth, and her glasses were shattered.

The Agent grinned, and cracking his neck, began walking towards her. Dee managed to turn to her side, holding her stomach in pain. She knew it wouldn't be of much use, but she unholstered her 9mm and started unloading at the coming threat. The Agent simply dodged every shot, as predicted, and soon she found her pistol's slide to be locked back. She had wasted her entire magazine. Talk about a rescue!

As Norris came to deliver the finishing blow, he suddenly stopped, and changed course towards Karaa. What the... Why is he ignoring me? Picking up his Desert Eagle dropped on the ground earlier, he took once again aim at Karaa, helpless on the ground. Dee quickly changed her weapon's mag, and shot him again. Even if he had his back turned, he dodged the four shots. Agent Norris tilted his head and gave her an annoyed look.

- You are becoming an annoyance, ms. Prevost. Unfortunately, I have no business with you today. You should escape while you can, and tell those cave crawlers Ms. Johnson was killed in action.
- Why are you..?

She had to do something. In a few seconds, she had gone from top shape to ridiculous state. No wonder no man alive had stood his grounds against an Agent. He's too strong...

She managed to get back up, and took an offensive stance. The Agent seemed even more annoyed, dropped his gun, and went back at her. She attacked first this time. She opted with quick karate strikes, which he blocked with no difficulties. She focused all her strength into her right fist, and went for a left strike to his head, which he dodged as expected. She launched her right fist right at his nose, which cracked upon impact.

The Agent took a few steps back, and looked at his opponent. EichDee grinned.

- You have a nosebleed, she said, pointing his nose.

She thought she saw a vein appear on Norris' head. He went back at her and launched a flurry of strikes to her already injured gut. She blocked the first few, but the dozen who followed managed to hit her. He finished with a side kick that had her flying away once more. She surprised even herself as she managed to land on a knee. But the Agent was already standing in front of her, and she could see the next move coming; a straight uppercut. At this distance, and with the fact she was kneeling, it was a decapitating strike. This is it...

BLAM!!!

The powerful noise of the FM-1500 was heard. The Agent, who was about to finish her off for good, spawned out, blood splattering on Dee's face. The body of a young girl fell to the ground, dead. Behind her was Karaa, difficultly standing on her feet, holding the Agent's weapon he had dropped a minute ago. She grinned, and fell back to her knee, dropping the gun on the ground in a resonating Tac!

- Karaa! screamed EichDee, getting back up to help her friend.

As she passed her hand around Karaa's waist, the latter rested her head on Dee's shoulder. With a small, struggling voice, she said:

- That guy is an ass...
- You got that right! Come on, we've got to get out of here!

With Karaa's arm around her neck, EichDee jumped off the roof, going back into the maze that were the back alleys of Westview.

Karaa leaned heavily on EichDee as she dragged her down the alleys of stamos.
“Thanks, Dee.” Karaa said softly.
EichDee glanced at Karaa, “Back at ya.” She winked and Karaa smiled.
Karaa’s smile was lazy, “God that felt good, with his own gun!” Karaa’s smile widen. “That was pretty awesome how you tackled him Dee. Entirely worth the splitting headache I have right now.” She sighed contently. Karaa seemed to sober up then.
“Dee, what the hell is going on?”
EichDee shook her head, “I have no idea. I was hoping you could tell me.”
“My cell isn’t working and I’m pretty sure I can’t use the Hardlines. When I was on the phone with you earlier, it felt different, it felt like it use to when I was a bluepill, a normal phone call.”
“Karaa, you need to jack out.”
Karaa sighed. “I don’t think I can Dee.”
EichDee got quiet, Karaa knew she was thinking.
After a moment Karaa asked,” Do you think…do you think that Norris could be right? Valaro turning and Ceege…” Karaa trailed off unable to finish.
“Ceege is alive. He went into a critical state but he stabilized before I jacked in.”
Karaa stopped shuffling, “Thank God.” The relief evident in her voice.
“Karaa you need to keep moving, we can’t stay here.” She immediately started moving again.
“I don’t like being in the dark. We need answers.”
EichDee shifted Karaa’s weight, “We’ll get them. Just need to get you fixed up first.”
“I’m fine Dee. Might need a health pill though…” Karaa laughed a little at her last comment.
EichDee rolled her eyes and smiled at the woman she was dragging down a particularly disgusting alley.
“It’s a mole.” Karaa said suddenly
“It’s a possibility.” EichDee corrected.
“What else could it be?” Karaa said exhausted.
What else could it be? is a very good question EichDee thought.
“Where is the rally point?”
“Mara Church. But I doubt will get answers there.” Karaa replied.
“The others may have information.”
“Agent Norris is probably getting another host as we speak, we don’t need to lead him to the others.” Karaa took a breath and continued, “If he thinks Ceege is dead I rather he not be enlightened.”
They were silent for a moment as they continued their trek through Stamos.
“We need to find Valaro. Agent Norris seemed pretty confident that he had him in his back pocket.” Karaa said.
“Ok let’s get you fixed up; I know there is a vendor in this area that deals with medical supplies.”
“How do we find the captain of a dark ship?” Karaa mused out loud.
“I have a few ideas…”
“I knew you would Dee.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------
11-21-2009, 09:30 AM,
RE: Foundations of Code (Zionites)
------------------
11-21-2009, 09:32 AM,
EichDee and Karaa had headed south and had finally left Stamos after a ten minutes run. They were now sitting in a club named The Lynch Pin, in the northeast section of Lucero Point, the district south of Stamos. Dee's contact, Goldfield, was an illegal item seller exile that owned the bar there. He didn't really side with Zion, but sided with whoever gave him good $info. He was reliable, though, as he never sold information to other factions about his clients. And Dee knew him for a while, so she felt The Lynch Pin was a nice place to settle back for a little while, take time to think things through.

The heavy industrial music playing in the bar added a strange contrast to their situation a little while ago, but it did relax them a bit. Karaa was sitting on a couch, while Goldfield was inspecting her, healing her injuries. They were in a private booth, so no one could come bother. Through the large windows, EichDee could see the numerous exiles and bluepills partying bellow. Numerous members of the Sparks - the most notorious gang in Lucero - were also present.

- You're in pretty bad shape! remarked Goldfield. What the hell happened to you girls?!
- A little run-in with an Agent, nothing you've never seen, answered Dee simply.

Even if he was an ally, it was unnecessary for him to know the whole story. Goldfield got the message and kept working on Karaa, who seemed a bit stoned, probably due to the massive amount of health pills he gave her. Dee had taken two herself, and she slowly felt her broken ribs repairing.

Dee's phone rang, to the big surprise of Karaa. She took it to her ear without wasting time.

- Yes?
- Seems we still are in contact, assumed Ocelet. Are you okay, you looked like you were in a big battle.
- It probably won't be long before I go invisible too, we've just had an encounter with an Agent.
- Damn. Listen, I'm working on a small experimental trace program that I'm going to send to you by mail. Are you with someone?
- Yeah, I'm with Karaa.
- Great news! So look, I'm going to transmit you the trace pills through a mail box. I'll send you the coordinates in a moment. Give one to her to see if it works. It's a bypass, so it probably won't be infinite or stable, but if it works it will at least give me her location so I can jack her out. Try to meet up with the rest of the crews too, and give them some of the pills too.
- If it works, Ocelet, I'm paying the drinks once we're back in Zion!
- Looking forward to it, Captain!

Dee closed her cell phone and put it back into her pocket. A moment after information was uploaded into her brain, and she smiled a little. The coordinates sent by Ocelet were at Magog in Richland, not far from Mara, where the other operatives were apparently hiding. If all went well, they could all be jacked out in an hour.

She quickly explained the situation to Karaa, not minding anymore about Goldfield hearing. Karaa couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. Everything was starting to look better.

- There's still the issue of Valaro, though, she said after a few short moments.
- You're right, admitted EichDee.
- Well, you said you had a plan to find him, right?
- Yes, but it may take some time, she answered truthfully, tapping her earpiece. I've been monitoring machines com chatter for a while, so if they ever mention him, I'll know right away.
- Huh... Quite a useful thing to know how to use.
- I don't like having it, though.
- I get ya.

Karaa tried to stand up, and to both Dee and Gold's surprise, she didn't fall back down. She looked a lot better than she did an hour ago. She could probably stand her own against a few exiles now. Good news!, Dee thought to herself.

- So what's the plan now, asked Goldfield. You'll try to reach that mailbox and see if that tracer pill works?
- It's all we've got for now, agreed Karaa.
- We probably still have Norris on our backs, though, thought EichDee out loud.
- Don't worry about it, Ms. Dee, reassured Gold. No Agent will come in here, they never do. And I'm pretty sure they don't expect you to be here. The Lynch Pin is safer against them than any other place in Westview!
- I know, smiled Dee. That's why I came here.

Their conversation was cut short when the private booth's door slammed open. By reflex Dee and Karaa went into fighting stance, but instead of a man in a suit, a woman wearing red leather came in, looking very angry.

- Goldfield, why in hell are Zion operatives doing in our club? I don't want any more trouble than I already have!

Goldfield sighed, and shook his head. Dee and Karaa relaxed a bit, still a bit insulted by the angry woman's comment.

- Ladies, began Goldfield, I introduce you to Little Maria, the leader of the Sparks, and my associate. She has a temper, but she's not all bad.
- I see, said EichDee, a suspicious look on her face.

She knew the reputation she had. She had heard of Maria for quite a while. The woman was egoistic, self-centered, and a pain to socialize with, but had incredible charisma and could inspire her followers with incredible trust. She was a great leader, probably the reason why the Sparks were such a well-known exile gang.

- Why are you helping them?! she rambled on. You know those cave crawlers always bring trouble! And I have enough going with the King's Men to get myself involved with the gear-heads Zionites always seem to attract!
- Cave... crawlers? lightly asked Karaa, getting seriously insulted.
- Maria, please calm down, pleaded Goldfield. They were in need of medical attention, and they were about to leave.
- It's true, confirmed Dee, staying polite. And I just learned that Valaro is heading Downtown. Apparently he killed a Cypherite he didn't like. Machines are tracking him for explanations but... It seems he really is on their side now...
- So... What are we going to do? asked Karaa after a little pause.
- I guess the best plan is... well... You will go to Magog and get the pills. If it works, Ocelet will call you. From there, go to Mara and meet up with the others, give them some too. You'll be able to jack out afterwards.
- But, what about you?
- I'm going downtown. Since hardlines are under close surveillance, I guess I'll use a car.
- No way, intervened Goldfield. You'd have to cross the bridges over the aqueduc; those are as a death trap as the highway, always under close machine surveillance. You'll definatly run into gear-heads before you even reach the other side.
- But I have no choice. I need to find him, I must get to the bottom of this.
- Then... Perhaps we could offer help?

Goldfield was now starring at Maria, and soon all the eyes were turned on her. When she realized what he ment, Little Maria overloaded a fuse.

- Are you kidding?! No way I'm helping them!! Didn't you listen to me a second ago? I want nothing to do with gear-heads!
- You owe me one, Maria. Consider this a repayment on a favor I gave you a while back.
- But...

Karaa turned her attention towards Dee. She had concerned eyes, but they were burning with resolve.

- Are you sure you want to do this? she asked, already knowing the answer.
- Of course! One of us has to head to Mara to back up our friends, and the other has to find out what Valaro is up to, and put an end to it. You're faster than me, so you will reach Mara Church before I would. I'm better with guns, so crossing the bridge in car will be easier for me. It's safer this way. For now I can still jackout without the pills, so if it turns bad on the way, I'll contact Ocelet.
- Two persons, two destinations, said Goldfield. Sounds like what an old friend of ours would've said.

- Good luck, Karaa. If you see Norris, give him my best regards
- Hehe, I will. Take care, Dee.

And Karaa jumped away, soon disappearing behind the decrepit buildings of Lucero Point, shrouded in the darkness night time imposed them. EichDee smiled to herself, and turned towards Little Maria and her crew. She had taken off her suit coat, and her white blouse was now covered with a black bullet-proof vest.

- Let's get going.

Dee and the Sparks entered three armored 4x4, and in one big tire screech, they headed for the bridges connecting the south and north part of town.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa had her back pressed against cold concrete. She was close to the drop off location that EichDee had specified. She moved to take another glance around the corner knowing that it would not change the predicament she found herself in. Bluepills. They were all huddled around a flaming trash can between her and the objective. Karaa couldn’t afford to go near the more populated areas of Richland. If even one of them became suspicious of her she would have a nice face to face with agent Norris again. Though that sounded appealing, Karaa was still not at a 100% and therefore in no way ready to face him again. She took a deep breath and looked down at her clothes. Jeans with holes now peppered in multiple areas, her shirt was tarred up by her shoulder where the agent's bullet went in, her jacket, well it would probably be best to discard it but for now she kept it on. Blood spots could be seen on every part of her. She glanced around the corner again. Homeless most likely, Karaa concluded. She leaned against the wall. I can pull this off she thought, not like I have to add much to this look. She reached up and pulled the chop sticks that held her hair together out and pocketed them. Karaa took her hands and slid them into her hair before she started moving them back and forth in quick motions. Karaa's hair was already a mess so this just served to intensify the effect.
Karaa looked at the ground and couldn't believe she was going to do this. She sighed and bent down to dip her fingers in the mud at her feet. She began to rub it on her face and on her hands.
After a moment she straightened, took one last deep breath and then rounded the corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

Valaro walked into the underground carpark, his purple trench closed over to stop him from getting wet. The light drizzle had now become a heavy rain. It covered the entire city. He unbuttoned it then walked further into the car park. Ahead of him were two doors, black with a chrome strip, above it was a red dimmed light. And all around there were people dressd in latex and bondage outfits. He seemed rather out of place in comparison. A group of people entered through the doors and Valaro stopped to look at the sign.

"Club Hell"

This was a very familiar place, everyone awakened regardless of faction knew what was here. The Merovingians own Nightclub. a disgusting sess pool of drug induced maniacs, girls wearing little or nothing at all. Sex in the middle of dance floors. Slaves. And lots of Alcohol. This was the mervs place alright. He proceeded to the doors and was approached by two men.

" See, your wearing a trench coat. everyone else has crochless undies and latex attire. You stick out like a sore thumb. Plus we know all to well who you are. So tell us whats brought you here? Becasue you know the only way your getting in is over my..."

Valaro pushed him aside enough to take him off balance for a few seconds. quickly drawing his gun he shot the other exile in the leg, taking him to one knee and then turned to point in at the other in time for him to face him.

"Over your? I thought so. I need to speak with him, I have a proposition which will be very suitable to his needs shall we say?"

"Fine, go ahead"

"Oh now come on how many times have I been here before, your coming with me to let your little troupe below know I have safe passage" Valaro waved his gun several times in the direction of the doors, signalling him to go in. The two men took the elevator down to the botom floor, the doors opened out into an old style room with many pillars. ahead of them was a rack with hundred's of guns stored away while the guests party in the main room. They walked ahead and took a sharp left and proceeded down a set of stairs. The room was filled with thousands of people dancing. Loud music was all that could be heard. Valaro hit the Exile on the back of the head knocking him unconsious. Then time seemed to slow down he jumped into the air and onto the upper floor, he landed perfectly and six heavily armed men all took agressive stances at him. Valaro had his arm streched outwards, gun in his hand pointing it at one of the exiles. The Merovingian cried:

"STOP! Quel est le sens de ceci vous est pourquoi ici Valaro?" What is your purpose for being here?"

Valaro had his gun trained on Persephone. The Merovingian looking almost worried told his men to lower there weapons. Valaro lowered his and put it away in the holster on his coat pocket. He took a seat in front of The Merovingian.

"It's simple. You give me the back up I need and some inside information in order to fin..."

"Let me tell you something yes. I am a man of power. I reign over those wo have none. And you think you can walk in here making demands?"

"I'm not making demands. You name your price and we shall make a deal. Sound to be in your interest?"

"Dacorrd, Continuez"

Valaro began naming what he wanted in exchange for what The Merovingian would want in return.....

Karaa walked past the bluepills, keeping her head down.
"Hey." One of them called out to her.
She tried to keep her hair in her face as he approached.
"You're new around here." It was a statement not a question
"Yes." Karaa replied.
"My names Pat, yours?"
Karaa didn't response for a moment trying to think of a decent name to give him.
"Emily."
"Nice to meet you --" His voice cut off as he saw the blood on Karaa's clothes. "You know theres a free clinic near here..."
"I'm fine."
"Are you sure? You don't look fine." Great, Karaa thought, she was too disastrous to even fit in here.
"Someone else's jacket, I picked it up in the vacant car lot over in Tabor."
Pat nodded seemingly accepting my explanation.
"Well let me know if you need anything, it can be hard out here." Karaa ventured to look up to see this man. Most kept to themselves in mega city, yet this man offered help, rare indeed.
His face was cleaner than hers, mud was too much she mentally noted. Pat seemed to be around her age, early 20s.
Karaa smiled, "Thanks, Pat. I have to be somewhere, friends need me."
"Ah ok, I'm sure I'll see ya around."
Karaa nodded and walked away slowly as he looked after her.
She released a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. That was close. She saw the mailbox over on the other side of the street. Karaa looked to make sure no cars were coming before she crossed; she reached her hand inside and felt the top of the mailbox. After a moments search she found what she was looking for. Karaa pulled out a small package and opened it, inside were a handful of purple pills.
"Way to go, Ocelet." Karaa said aloud.

Karaa walked over to an alley way, took out the small packet and slipped one of the small purple pills into the palm of her hand. She stared at it for a moment and then put it in her mouth and swallowed. Karaa didn't feel any different; she pulled out her cell phone and was in the process of putting up to her ear when she felt a shooting pain in her chest that quickly spread to her stomach. Karaa felt her hands smack into the concrete as she fell to her knees. Her cell phone fell, opened a few inches away. Karaa started breathing heavy as the pain shot through her body. She looked up and around as she gasped for air, she couldn’t let anyone see her.
She reached for her cell as the pain intensified. What the hell...
Karaa put the phone to her ear, "Operator." Her voice shook on a whimper.
"Karaa!! I can see you!!! Hold on I’ll emergency jack you out." Ocelet's concern and excitement mixed to turn her voice high-pitched.
"No. wait." Karaa wheezed.
"Karaa?? Whats going on?"
"The pill...it’s painful."
Why couldn't anything be easy? Hadn't she endured enough today?
“Painful…I – it shouldn’t be.”
Karaa took a deep breath, “You can see me?”
“Yes. Let me jack you out Karaa.”
“No, I have to get-“Karaa gritted her teeth as a wave of pain washed over her. “The others” she continued, “I have to get them out.”
There was silence on the other end of the line and some background beeping noise. “Ocelet?” Karaa whispered.
“Karaa…Hurry.” Ocelet's own voice matched her own.
Karaa immediately turned serious, “What is it?”
“Sentinels.”

8 Minutes Earlier in Downtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

Valaro had an uneasy feeling. He sensed that the Zionites he had left behind were planning something. A Final cou? Perhaps they them selves were on there way to The Merovingian, to ask him for his help. It began to feel strange. He shook it off as he stepped into the veichle, and took out his cell phone. He dialled #481, the number every Zionite knows. The phones dial tone was still dead. A smile of relief poured over Valaros face. An Exile got into the driver seat and drove away from club hell. In the back were 3 other Exiles. Lupines, sent by The Merovingian to aid him.

He dialled anothe rnumber into his cell Phone. "Gray? I have it. Indeed. Shes been Jacked in for 13 days. Yes. She will spend a maximum of two weeks at any time inside the matrix, as her ship will need recharged after that. Yes. Uriah. Were on our way, but theres some sort of EPN disturbance happening on the main bridge in richland from downtown. I'm going to have to take the route through Westview. Ill hold up my end of the deal, if you make sure our pressence in Westview goes unnoticed. That sounds good. Any news on the remaning Tiger crew members? What do you mean she escaped? You need to find Eichdee or she will ruin eveything. Look I can beat her, Ive dont it many times. She has potential but shes not strong enou... Find her and kill her, and there wont be any more obstacles. Ok, send me the kill code. A mailbox just before the bridge leading to westview, ill collect it on my way." Valaro closed the slide on his phone, and sat back in the seat. this was the first real rest he had gotten since two days before hand back on the Tiger, he began to nod off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

"Karaa, you were my best friends girlfriend. About a week before he got killed by that Agent he made me swear to protect you. The only way I see that being possible is if your on my ship."

"Don't give me that oath to an old friend crap Val! I've seen the way you look at me at the temple parties. I dont feel anything towards you and to be honest its kind of creepy to serve on the same ship, with someone who has only one thing in mind!"

"DONT EVER TALK THAT WAY ABOUT DANNY! HE WAS THE CLOSEST THING I HAD TO A BROTHER AND THATS TA....." Valaro looked away, taking a breath to calm himself.
"Look , your an attractive woman, but the reason I want you on the Tiger isnt just becasue of Danny, but becasue you have a speed at which Ive never seen a Redpill run at beside maybe Neo. You know of coded messages left, packages dropped. Other factions trying to get important data. Your speed is something the Tiger needs! Were the most loyal of Zion's followers and your one too. Join me!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valaro woke sudddenly to an Exile nudging him on the shoulder.

"Were here."

He stepped out of the car and looked around. It was still dark and quite diffiucult to see anything. Small dots glimmering could be seen in the distance, apartment windows open, with net curtains hanging outside as the residents slept not knowing what was going on. The treachery, the teamwork, the death. A street lamp nearby was flickering on and off, due to faulty wiring. a water main was spruing water all over the sidewalk where kids had been enjoying the fun earlier in the day. There was a silence. Not a breath of wind. Something was off. Val got back into the car.

"We wait. Somethings not right, I want to make sure there will be no mess ups. We wait and go on my order."

The Exiles sat and watched the mailbox and all around the car. Valaro decided he would catch another nap, and closed his eyes.... AUUGGGGHHHH! Valaro woke suddenly, grasping his chest! A massive pain was affecting him. A heart attack? Stroke? No something else? But what......

The black speeding 4x4s finally got in view of the bridge. The night acted both as an advantage and a disadvantage; There were not many civilians on the bridge, so less risk of collateral damage, but that meant they would be noticed easier. But with the three Dodge trucks full of exiles and weapons, it was as if they were begging for a battle. Valaro's explanation better be worth the shot!

The aqueduct separating Mega City in two was actually quite wide; it could take ten minutes at 40mph to get from side to side. Nothing like the highway connecting downtown and the center of town - which could take a good half an hour to cross at 60mph, depending on the traffic, and if you were actually going only that far, and not out of town. That was why crossing bridges were less risky, but they were still a deathtrap.

EichDee slammed the fully-loaded 30 rounds magazine into her M4CQB assault rifle. The exiles had been generous, the Dodge was full of guns of all kinds; rifles, shotguns, handguns, sub machine guns, grenades, even an RPG for those desperate situations. Even though Dee could choose any of those and more when jacking in, she still fell the thrill and excitement in her.

She was sitting in the second truck along with Maria and two more exiles. The checkpoints before the bridge were in sight, and they started slowing down.

- Let's try to see if we can get through without having to shoot someone before making half the city blow up, suggested Dee.
- I was about to say the same thing, crawler, hissed Little Maria.

EichDee ignored the remark and kept looking at the first car ahead of them. It eventually stopped at the checkpoint, and the driver began talking to the guard. The old man didn't look hard to convince, and he opened the gate after a few seconds. The 4x4 started moving again, and soon the three trucks had resumed their drive. Well this is going well...

As the Dodge she was in past in front of the checkpoint post, she noticed the old guard was gone. An Agent was now standing in his position, pulling out his FM-1500 from his shoulder holster.

- Oh shit! jumped the exile behind her.
- Agent! confirmed Dee. That was quick!
- To all vehicules, said Maria to her talkie-walkie. You are weapons free. Sparks, let's blow up some gear-heads!

The three vehicules stepped on the gas, quickly reaching the 65mph mark. The Agent had the time to put a few rounds into the last two cars, but the armored chassis was holding all right. A few seconds on the bridge and already they could hear sirens behind them. Three squad cars had already caught up to them.

- Man those cops are fast! screamed Dee, looking out from the window.
- We have other problems, crawler! warned Maria. First car warned me we have machine operatives coming at us from the other end of the bridge!
- How can they be so fast?!
- Told ya it was a stupid idea! I should have stayed at the Lynch Pin and told you to F off!
- Nice! grinned Dee. Always nice to know you've got people watching your back!

EichDee opened the top window of the truck, and got outside to her hips. The two exiles got out from the windows, sitting on the doors, their guns ready to spray death. The 4x4 on the back and on the front had done the same.

She could see the headlights of the cars coming, and the three squad cars behind her. With a smile on her face, EichDee gave a hard pull on the charging handle, cocking the gun.

- Rock and Roll!

Karaa was still holding her cell to her ear. Both her and Ocelet silent.
Sentinels...
The pain returned as Karaa started breathing again. It flashed behind her eyes and squeezed her lungs.
"How much time?"
"Not long, they know where we are but they can't see us, not yet. Thank god EichDee fixed that cloaking system."
Karaa took an unsteady breath.
"Status of the crew?" She was surprised the Ocelet could even understand what she was saying.
"Ceege and Angelis have stabilized. Though by looking at Angelis brain waves, he is unconscious. Radomir is fine as well."
When Ocelet didn't continue, Karaa asked, "EichDee and Valaro?"
"Dee's fine, she’s still on the bridge. Valaro...his heart rate is similar to yours."
"What does that mean?"
"I don't know but you’re both experiencing the same type of trauma. Valaro's is of a lesser intensity, more localized is my guess. While yours ...." Ocelet trailed off.
"Is everywhere." Karaa finished for her.
"Karaa, you need to jack out now, or ...this...your heart...your body won't hold up against this."
Karaa concentrated on breathing, inhale, exhale.
"What about Valaro, will this kill him too?"
"I don't believe so; there are key differences in your stats. His is more...I'm not sure how to explain." Ocelet paused for a second before continuing, "Your whole system is starting to crash...his isn't."
Karaa pushed herself up using the alley wall for support. Her legs felt like Jell-O.
"Keep me updated Ocelet; I'm going to the church."
"Karaa didn’t you hear me? You need to jack out now."
"I have to get them out, Ocelet. We both know there are no other options."
Ocelet sighed.
"How long till they find us?"
"15 minutes max."
"Then I’ll see you soon."
"Wait, Karaa..."
"Yeah?"
"Times like these that I’m glad you transferred to the tiger."
"Don't worry, Ocelet, you will see us all soon."
And with that, karaa slide her phone closed and put it in her pocket. The tiger...she’s always questioned her decision to transfer. Karaa thought that with time that nagging feeling would go away but it never did. She smirked as she backed off the wall. Maybe it was a sense of self preservation that kept her doubting.

"Ocelot?" came the familiar voice of Radomir through the headset.
"Radomir? is that you?" Ocelot looked frantically through the code for the familiar signal after focusing on all the attention Dee was bringing on her and her convoy.
"I need an update on Ang and Karaa I'm with Ceege and we're wanting to get into the fight!"
"Well maybe you should get in touch with Dee first..." Radomir suddenly interrupted
"What Dee is in the Matrix what the hell is going on I feel like I'm running blind!!" Radomir began pacing nervously at the news.
"Look she needs your help she has agents and police on her tail she is going to need all the help she can get."
"Don't worry Ocelot I let Ang down I'm not gonna let Dee down where can I find her?" Radomir looked at Ceege and gave him the sign to move they had seen two brand new Honda CBR600rr's out the front which looked like the perfect way to get around fast.

"That's easy follow every cop in town......and pray for a mirac" Radomir hung up his cell placed it in his leather jacket and moved to the bikes.

As they hit the road Radomir was determined nothing would stop him from helping his ship mates.

The spray of bullets penetrated the Chevelle's fuel reservoir, causing a spark that sent the car burning up in flames. In one tight turn, the three armored trucks dodge the flaming carcass of the sports car. Another mech operative down! grinned EichDee to herself.

The small convoy was now surrounded by machine vehicles. Some of the Sparks were shot down and fell from the Dodge. The first 4x4 in the convoy was hit by one of the enemy trucks, which sent the Dodge off balance for a second. It was just enough to make it crash into a lamp post, the driver apparently killed on the spot.

- We'll never make it at this rate! declared Dee, starting to lose her optimism.

She unloaded another wave of rounds into the squad car on their right, which hit the driver, sending the car off course. She quickly reloaded, and took aim at another machinist car, in time to see that the enemy operative had taken her target. She ducked just in time to dodge the gust of bullets that hit the armored 4x4. Cursing, she took out the RPG, and opened the back left window. The opponent never had the time to see the rocket hit his car, turning it into a big ball of flaming metal.

Maria took a quick turn on the right, trying not to get rammed by the big truck that had taken out the first car.

- Why the hell didn't you shoot at that guy instead, crawler?!
- I didn't think he was still there!
- How can you miss a Hummer?!

The Hummer slammed the Dodge, and positionned itself right next to it. Dee could see the operative on the passenger side sticking his uzi out of the window, straight that Maria's head. Not loosing a second, she came out from the left back window and grabbed the gear-head's arm, who missed his shot completely. Using a reverse strike, she sent his weapon flying. Dee jumped out of the window and landed on the Hummer, much to the surprise of both Maria and the machine operatives. She crawled to the front of the vehicle, and landed on the hood, where she could see her opponents freak out through the windshield.

Taking out her westek, she shot twice. TSIK! TSIK! She jumped back on the black Dodge before the H2 went off course, hitting a civilian car going the opposite way. As she looked at her surroundings, she saw that the two remaining black 4x4s were the only ones left. The other car had probably taken care of the rest. But another one was coming from the rear at an alarming rate.

- Oh, crap, cursed EichDee when she saw which car it was.

A black Audi sedan, the car Agents used the most. In less than a few seconds, it had caught up to the last exile truck, and she heard the sound of an FM-1500. The driver of the last Dodge was killed, and the truck slowed down, letting the Audi free to catch up with the last one remaining.

- We've got Agents on our asses! warned Dee.
- I know, hang on!

The black armored car had a sudden boost of speed; not having to wait for the last vehicle probably meant Maria wasn't shy to step on the gas anymore. The Audi was still catching up though.

Still through the roof window of the Dodge, EichDee took her handgun again and shot five times at the tinted windshield of the Audi, right where the driver was. The window cracked, but no signs of bullet holes.

- It's bullet-proof, of course!

She got back in the car and looked behind the rear bench. She could hear bullet impacts on the vehicle's chassis. Cursing, she finally found what she was looking for; A Benelli M3 pump-action shotgun. Getting back out again, she took aim once more at the cracks on the windshield. She shot thrice. The third blast blew open a large hole in the window, apparently killing the driver. But as the car was loosing pace, an Agent got out of the passenger side, onto the roof of the Audi, and jumped.

- You're shitting me!!! cursed Dee and Maria in one voice.

The Agent landed right in front of Dee, who was caught by surprise, bending the chassis of the vehicle when he landed. He sent a quick kick to her face, making her fall back into the car, stunned. Amidst Maria's curses, she could see the roof being teared apart. The Agent had ripped it off from the car, and had now taken his handgun, pointing at the young, stunned operative.

Maria, uzi in hand, unloaded at the Agent beside her. Hit several times, he fell from the car onto the street, rolling like a ball until he could not be seen anymore. As EichDee was getting up to thank the exile, her eyes went wide.

- Watch out!! she screamed.

Having lost focus on the driving, Maria had left the Dodge heading straight into a wall. The crash was immense, sending Dee flying into the dash of the car along with Maria, who both lost consciousness on the second.

As she opened her eyes, she could see the carcass of the of 4x4 crashed into one of the brige's pillar walls. How it didn't blew up, she didn't know.

She was laying on the ground several meters away from the car. Maria was by her side, her face covered in blood. She was still breathing though. How... did we get here?

That's when she noticed the figure above them. The man, who was holding a rifle, had a serious look on his face. His long white jacket was dancing in the soft wind, and he was gazing afar. He turned his head towards Dee, noticing she woke up. It didn't take long for her to remember who it was.

- Pylat! she managed to say.
- Don't talk too much, you probably have a concussion.

Pylat was one of her oldest friends, back in the days she was first freed from the Matrix. He always talked in a professional and serious tone, but she knew him all to well; beneath the appearance of the almost stoic second best member of Pride, Pylat always cared for his subordinates and friends, going to great lengths to help them. In a weird, ironic way, EichDee wasn't surprised to see him standing there.

- The Agents will catch up soon, said her old friend, keeping his serious tone.
- Yeah, caughed Dee, trying to get up. We're in real trouble now...
- That's not all. We have exiles coming from downtown.

She felt a chill passing through her spine. She didn't need to hear the rest to know what he was about to say.

- Valaro is among them, they said together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyre marks, bullet casings a corpse of what was no doubt either a police officer or someone in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was about a 1/4 of the way up the bridge and still had a little bit to go!

"Help me I'm stuck this car rammed me, there was a woman in a black 4x4 she was mad or maybe one of those gang members she was shooting at this guy is he ok??." Radomir saw this helpless bluepill and wondered just what the hell was going on what should have been a simple mission in and out quicker then the time for a pizza had turned to jelly.

"Are you ok sir?" His voice sounding calmer then he was feeling inside.
"I think my legs broken, how about the guy that hit me I think he was shot."
"He's doing fine." Radomir lied, as a former Army medic and marksman he knew that sometimes telling someone what they wanted to hear could save their life.

He checked the corpse in the Hummer for a pulse. "Still warm" He muttered to himself he was glad that the dead guy was warm meant they weren't far behind Dee.

"Ceege go on they might need you." Radomir yelled as he pointed further up the road.

Radomir heard the familiar sound of his phone.
"Go."
"You have a bunch of emergency services heading your way what in Neo's name is going on in there."
"Are they all blue or am I gonna have to make myself disappear Ocelet?"
"Most are blue but you know the cops, hardwired into the system if I were you I would make myself invisible. Besides Dee's Vitals just took a beating I...I think there was an accident."

Radomir felt the sinking feeling in his stomach, as he had when Ang told him to go.

"Is...is she...."
"No she is alive looks like a concussion maybe something bruised or broken I'm not sure I cant do a full anaylsis right now."
"Where is she?"
"Keep going the way you were you wont miss them."
"Them? Ocelet what are you talking about them?"
"Well her and Pylat." Radomir hung up and jumped on his motorcycle, fish tailing wide as he raced ahead.

Meanwhile in the real Ocelet sighed "He always does that. One day he is going to miss something important." Just then the proximity alert sounded again. "Unlike you squiddy you don't miss nothing do ya?"

Radomir rode as hard and fast as his bike would take him....
11-21-2009, 09:33 AM,
11-21-2009, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2009, 09:35 AM by Valaro.)
At the other end of the Bridge

Valaro stepped out of the vehicle and looked ahead of him. He saw a small shimmer of light on the bridge and as the wind was blowing towards him he sniffed, and could catch the faint smell of fire smoke... He glanced around at the Exiles.

"Go ahead, kill anyone you see! Thats an order!"

"Roger that!"

The 4 exiles grabbed there sub machines guns, pistols and anything else they could carry and started running at a quick pace towards the events at the centre of the bridge, Valaro took out his phone.

"There here. I have the kill code. Ill take care of the Tiger's Crew an continue as planned. Its only a matter of time before you have what you want."

Valaro then grabbed an NH2000 from the trunk of the car and began walking towards the beaten up crew.

A few minutes had passed before the exiles could be seen heading towards them. Pylat took his gun and turned to Eichdee.

"Ill hold off the machines coming from the South. You got the Exiles?"

"I can hande it dont worry. Aim true!"

Pylat took cover behind the burnt out 4x4, and fired a couple of burst shots. The machines seemed to stop, and wouldnt come any closer. Pylat knew this was going to be a little tougher than he thought, but why did they stop? He moved up to try and get a little closer to keep them off dee. The Exiles however were still coming at full speed, towards her, she fired her Westeks straight at them and took one down with a shot to the jugular vein, also snapping his neck on impact. 3 more! She cartwheeled through the air firing as she went... She got another in the shoulder but it wasnt enough to stop him, he kept running at full pace. They were now right in front of her, two feet away pointing weapons at her. She lay on the ground, guns empty and out of breath...

"....You boys wanna kill me? Then show me your honour!" She stood up dropping her guns at her side. She cracked her kunkles then took a defensive stance, One Exile smirked then lifted his gun, finger on his trigger ready to kill her. BANG! Blood spurting everywhere over his Exile friends and onto the pavement below, he fell dead. Pylat had launched at bullet right at him for 30 metres away, and qucikly turned a 180 degrees to continue holding back the Machines. The other two Exiles threw there weapons down and took there agreesive guerilla stances towards Eichdee.

Eichdee, dropped lower and brought out her right leg as far as it could go then launched up into the air, falling straight at the two surprised Exiles they both moved to jump back, but Eichdee landed grabbing the Exiles head and twisting just enough to break his neck kicking the other in the mid section, causing him to move back. This didnt take him off guard for long though as he answered Dee with a right hook to the cheek. The two exhanged blows, and continuously blocked small attacks, Eichdee managed to take the Exile off balance with a flying kick, and then took the exile off his feet with a sweep delivering a massive blow to the head, causing his central nervous system to shutdown! She had done it, she managed to head off he Exiles. She got up and turned to shout to Pylat, BAM! Eichdee was landed with one punch. She was dazed, and almost out for the count.... It was a punch she had felt before and knew all to well, she glanced back up squinting to see clearly. A shadow was looming over her.

"It's not time yet!" Said the figure.

A man clad in a purple trench coat, with black void shades carrying an NH2000. Valaro!

Pylat looked back quickly to see, dee on the ground with Valaro standing over her, he aimed his rifle towards Valaro, time slowed down, and Valaro drew his revolver twsiting around and firing at Pylat. The bullet rippling the very air it was travelling through was moving so fast! Pylat dropping backwards JUST managing to dodge the bullet. Time reverted back to normal Pylat surprised he was able to dodge the bullet, quickly looked back at Valaro, not anticapating the second bullet which hit him straight in the chest! Pylat pushed back by the force of the bullet entering him fell onto the car. Unable to find the power to get back up and answer Valaros strike!

Valaro lifted his arms towards the now closer Machines, signaling them to remain, and not come any closer. He looked at Eichdee.

"You couldnt stay out could you? You had to get involved to save your beloved Crew mates...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karaa landed on a roof near Mara church when she stumbled and fell to her knees. Whats happening to me? She asked herself. Karaa tried to stand up again but the pain shot through her left side, she was on her knee again.
She took a deep breath and pushed herself up; I have to get to that church! Karaa moved to the edge of the roof, almost there she smiled.
Just then Karaa’s phone went off. She reached into her pocket and put the cell to her ear.
“Karaa.” She said weakly.
“Karaa, its Ocelet. I got a call from radomir…” Ocelets voice trialed off but Karaa could hear the smile in her voice.
“That’s great.” Wait a second she thought. He called ocelet? Then …maybe the pill didn’t work, maybe it was just timing?
If the pill didn’t work…then what the hell was wrong with her?
“Dee is on the bridge, Pylat is with her, Rad and Ceege are 5 min away.”
“So their not in the church…” Karaa asked disappointed.
“No, Kar. Get to the nearest hardline and Jackout.”
Karaa sighed.
“I don’t think it’s the pill, the jamming must have stopped. And if the pill didn’t work, then…whats happening to me? Why is my system crashing?”
There was silence for a moment before Ocelet responded.
“I don’t know Karaa.”
Karaa closed her eyes and breathed deeply.
"Valaro?" asked Karaa.
"Its not looking good, hes on the bridge now as well and ...the code...hes fighting Dee and Pylat."
"What?" Karaa yelled into the receiver. She imediately regretted it, her vision blurred and pain shot up her neck.
"Karaa I have no idea whats going on but you wont make it to westview and i need you here." Ocelet's Voice sounded desperate.
Karaa sighed. She realized that Ocelet might be right.
“Whats the status on the sentinels?”
“They’re getting closer, we don’t have much time.”
“And everyone is still jacked in…” Karaa mused.
“Kar, I need you here." This time Ocelet stressed the words, as if Karaa wasn't getting the bigger picture. "I don’t think the others will get out before they find the ship, I need help.”
Karaa was silent for a moment, trying to decide her next course of action.
“I’m on my way Ocelet.”
“Thanks Karaa.” Ocelet sounded relieved as Karaa slide her phone shut and let it fall into her pocket. She looked in the direction of the nearest hardline. Karaa took one step toward the setting sun as pain shot through her. She grimaced and continued to the other side of the building. The hardline wasn’t far, but it wasn’t close either. Karaa kneeled and laid her head down on the cold surface of the ledge. Just a minute, she told herself. “I only need a minute.” She whispered.

"Ceege go on they might need you".

Ceege pulled down hard on the accelerator of the bike which shot to life, they couldn't be more than 30 seconds away, he loosed his tie and pulled it over his head, watching as he let it fly back in the windy rain. He caught a glimpse of Radomir's bike leaning onto it's back tire as he darted after him.

He tried to piece things together in his jumbled head.
"Valaro couldn't be a traitor" Ceege thought out loud, "this had to be part of a plan to get me out of the trouble that was escalating fast. Yes. If the Machines thought I was dead, then no need to bother with me. But how long could the act go on before Valaro is or already has been caught out?" he stopped himself there, he couldn't think it....

That's when he saw it.
SCREEECH! He slammed on his brake, sliding in the rain, as Rad shortly judded up next to him.
Surrounded by the chaos of burning cars and exile and machine bodies was Valaro, purple trench flapping in the wind and rain. He had a rifle in his hand, and it was aimed right at the back of EichDee's head. Then Ceege's eyes flicked to another Zion operative he recognized. Pylat was lying on the cold puddled floor, seeming lifeless with blood flowing out his chest and running down the street.
"It can't be..." Radomir whispered.

BEEEEP. Ceege and Radomir jumped as Ceege's phone rang. He dug into his soaked elite soldier trousers, and immediately opened and placed the phone to his ear. He couldn't speak still in shock.
"Ceege...Ceege?" Karaa asked into the other end.
The joy of hearing her voice safe snapped him out of his shock.
"Karaa...I'm so glad to hear your voice, where are you? Are you safe?"
"Well I won't be for long, I'm on the tiger, sentinels are coming. Look there's no time, it seems Valaro has turned to the Machine's and EichDee took command of the Tiger. We can see you all in the code on the bridge. We need to somehow take Valaro out without killing him and get him to a hardline to be jacked out, since it seems our emergency jackout systems are still down, unlike our communications which are back. Do whatever you need to Ceege and I'll explain the rest later".

Ceege slowly put the phone back in his pocket, Radomir's eyes on him.
"What now?" he asked, looking back to the carnage ahead, praying Valaro wouldn't pull the trigger.
"We save our friends, including Valaro, and find out just what the hell is going on here". Ceege replied, his hands gripped the accelerator again. BRRRRRRR. The bikes once again shot to life as Ceege and Radomir flew forwards.

They approached them in seconds, EichDee seeing them first. Ceege pulled out his FM and squeezed the trigger. BOOM.BOOM.BOOM. The sound echoed in his ears as he sent three bullets heading straight towards Valaro's rifle. It flew from his hands and slid along the wet road as Radomir learned his bike back and drove up the burning 4x4 and over Valaro's head landing right next to Dee's outstretched hand. He grabbed her and flung her on the back of his bike and she let out a cry as her body was still wrapped with pain from the crash she had moments ago. Rad swung the bike round facing Valaro as Ceege pulled his bike to a stop behind Valaro, glancing down to see Pylat's chest, though covered in blood, still moving.

"Valaro!" Ceege shouted, "you were my captain, like a brother. Pride is family!". He fought back a lump in his throat, the rain sliding down his shades, it might as well have been tears. "Please. Tell me why?"....

Valaro, shocked staring Ceege in the face with anger!

"You've ruined everything Ceege! You shouldn't have come here!"

Valaro took off his black void shades finding it difficult to see out of them as the rain had now become trenchal. His purple trench blew at an angle, as did his long purple dyed hair. His NH2000 had flown over behind Ceege during the attack, his hand at his sides he could feel his Revolver still inside his holster. Valaro being the faster Red-pill to ever draw a weapon out did even those from the old west in human mythology. He glanced over at Eichdee.

"She was the deal Ceege. The Merovingian and The Machines want her dead! Hand her over and you will be let live! Or I can take all of you"

Valaro realizing that he needed more time had to try and stall Ceege. Radmoir was standing over Pylat, inspecting his wounds. he knew he would live. He picked up his cell:

"Lion? Emergency Jackout procedure of Pylat immediately!"

Pylat's RSI began to flicker, switching between the physical view and Code that made it up at the central core, surrounding him was several Code file structures and Server commands that linked directly to the source at the Matrix, then he disappeared inside of a flash of green light. The EJP was complete. Radomirs cell rang.

"Go"

"We have no time if Valaro has defected then were not going to be able to stop him, and trust me he can do worse damage out here than he can in there! Ive managed to get the EJP working but as soon as you are all out we have to set off the EMP. And we have to take you out in order, I'm starting with you!"

Radomirs RSI began flickering in the same way that Pylat did just moments before, and suddenly disappeared! Ceege started to flicker in the same way, but Valaro took out his revolver and shot him in the arm, disrupting the process!

"Take out your phone and put it on speaker!"

Ceege wondering what the hell he was talking about did so reluctantly. Valaro took out a bullet that seemed to be made of code. But that wasn't possible everything had a physical structure in the matrix. There was only one thing he could think of.

"Is that a kill code?"

"Indeed. Will destroy the RSI of anything Jacked into the Matrix, all except people with CX1 Encryption or higher. And its meant for one person."

Valaro looked to-wards Eichdee. A bluepill that had crashed nearby was coming to. He stood up and dazed said

"Whats goin... AUGGGHHHHH"

An Agent morphed into his body overwriting his RSI. He took out his FM-1500 and pointed it to-wards Ceege.

"Stop. My deal was that no one gets harmed except by me!"

"Revenge. Yet another one of the many Human emotions, that are nothing more than an artificial delusion Mr Sanderson. But very well. Finish her and we will call off the Sentinel's allowing you to leave unharmed and come to 01."

Valaro inserted the bullet into his revolver, just like a plain one. He looked at Ceege. Ceege stood up and covered Eichdee as a human shield,

"I wont let you Valaro. Kill me instead."

"I don't want you, nor do they Ceege. Here!"

Valaro threw a code fragment at him. When Ceege put his hand out to grab the item it disappeared in his hand. He felt his RSI Jacking out through EJP but it felt different. Ceege's RSI Disappeared. There was now nothing between him and Eichdee. Ceege's phone sat on the ground still on loud speaker, with an active line to the HvCFT Tiger.

"Eichdee were Jacking you out!"Came Ocelets voice.

Valaro pointed his Revolver straight as Eichdees head. Agent Norris came and stood beside Valaro waiting in anticipation for Eichdee Captain of The HvCFT Tiger's last moment inside the Matrix!

"I'm sorry. This is how its meant to be. Your are to be deleted! Never able to return to the Matrix! Goodbye!"

Valro pulled back the hammer on his gun. Time slowed down! Valaro spun around and pointed the gun right at Norris! Pulling the trigger! Time reverted back! Norris shocked stepped back! Looking at Valaro and taking aim! he went to shoot, but screamed in agony!

"0136431- System Command Delete!"

Norris's RSI, began falling apart in code segments, the bullet wound inside his chest started rotting the code as he disappeared piece by piece! Eichdee disappeared! Valaro looked up at the sky! Eichdee awoke outside The Matrix in the real and shouted:

"EJP VALARO NOW!"

Valaro dropped to his knees inside The Matrix. "Its done" he whispered. As his RSI disappeared inside the same flash of green as all of his Zionite friends has before him through the EJP.....

Back in the real all Zionites had been awakened including Angelis. Ocelet fired the EMP taking out all attacking Sentinels! They were safe once more!

Valaro opened his eyes. His crew standing around him...

Karaa Stumbled into the phone, her vision narrowing, she was blacking out. Her hand reached for the phone knocking it off the hook, in hung by her knees. Karaa was leaning heavily on the walls of the phone booth.

“Miss Johnson.”

Karaa was beyond tears at this point. Everything that could have gone wrong today did. She wasn’t surprised to hear agent Norris' voice, she knew the hardlines were being watched.

“Agent Norris.” Whispered Karaa.
“Today is a good day indeed, Ms. Prevost will meet her end and you, Ms. Johnson are moments away from death.”
Karaa looked down at the phone that was dangling in the air. She was so close.
“Do you even want to know what is wrong with you, Ms. Johnson?”
Karaa looked up to meet Norris eyes.
“I’m listening.” She rasped.
“It’s a new code we have been working on. It attacks your system directly, though it is very hard to initiate.” He seemed to think this over before returning his attention to Karaa.
“Ms. Prevost, will be dealt with soon and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to end your existence as well.” He raised his FM and pointed it at Karaa.
“You have been…an annoyance.”
Karaa’s fingers stretch towards the phone. She would have to be fast, if it was anyone else but her…they wouldn’t make but she could, she had the speed.
“I could say the same for you.” Karaa voice was low but the ire was there.
Agent Norris squeezed the trigger.
Karaa, with a flash of movement, reach for the phone, the round went off…breaking the class of the phone booth behind her.
“Ms. Johnson!”
Her body shook with the pain of the movement, her vision was gone, and the receiver was at her ear.

----------------------------------------------------------------
“Karaa!!!” Ocelet was there behind her taking out the jack.
“That was too close, Karaa. Too damn close.”
Karaa moved into a sitting position and looked at Ocelet. “We’ll you know me, last minute and all.” They both smiled at the statement.
Alarms started to blare damning attention. Ocelet ran over to the computer and started typing.
Karaa tried to follow the movement but she stumbled off the chair and had to use the arm to balance herself.
Karaa made her way over to the computer and grabbed the headset and push a few keys on the keyboard. “Ceege…Ceege?”
“Karaa…I’m so glad to hear your voice. Where are you? Are you safe?”
Ceege sounded relieved and Karaa couldn’t help but smile.
"Well I won't be for long, I'm on the tiger, and sentinels are coming. Look there's no time, it seems Valaro has turned to the Machine's and EichDee took command of the Tiger. We can see you all in the code on the bridge. We need to somehow take Valaro out without killing him and get him to a hardline to be jacked out, since it seems our emergency jackout systems are still down, unlike our communications which are back. Do whatever you need to Ceege and I'll explain the rest later".
She disconnected the line.
“Do you know whats going on with Valaro?” asked Ocelet.
“Valaro wouldn’t betray Zion. There is a reason for his actions, that’s why we have to get him on this ship.”
“How can you be so sure, he shot at Plyat and-“
Karaa cut her off. “Danny believed in him. That’s enough for me.” Her voice held no room for argument.
Ocelet looked at karaa for a moment; this was the first time she spoke of him, before Ocelet could think more on it, she was brought back to the now.

“INCOMING!”

The ship shook with the impact. Karaa looked up, out of time she thought.

“Radomir is out!” Shouted Ocelet.

The End...
11-21-2009, 09:35 AM,
i'm closing this thread, keeping it just for reading. If you need commenting a roleplay story, please use another thread.

As always, for discussion about this, please use the PM system.
Thread Closed