Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Legality of MxO EMU
11-19-2009, 04:43 AM,
RE: On the Legality of MxO EMU
I suppose anything with large numbers would be putting a target on our backs. If finances are needed, I'm sure the loyal community will do what needs to be done.
11-19-2009, 04:50 AM,
(11-19-2009, 02:30 AM)Morpheus Wrote: i would like to know how to get a server for free if no incoming available.

And i mean a dedicated one, where new versions of the server could be deployed.

You can collect donations for a server and website space. That part is legal. The Devs just can't put any money into their own pocket.
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM,
Wtb lvl 50.... Will paypal ;p
11-20-2009, 05:15 AM,
(11-18-2009, 02:31 PM)Rxu Wrote: I'm no lawyer but if the folk's of SWGEMU can run a server without SOE or Lucasarts over their ass, I think it's safe to say we are in the clear.

Smile

Lyr
11-24-2009, 08:55 AM,
Sounds good.
11-25-2009, 02:08 AM,
It is a very interesting discussion.

Is it legal or not ?
I think its a "greyzone" , the server for itself isnt really illegal..sure SOE Eulas say "you dont have to use server emulators" etc..but : you can start mxo with "noeula" - just kidding.

At least i think SOE and WB dont care about MxO and i think they are not interested in this.
And if we dont make "profit" with this (it is just a fan project) it shouldnt be a big problem i think.

I think general this "private server" topic is a very hot topic...cause there are several games out there and some of them are "died" too.

On "normal" Single Player Games, a game can never die, cause you can play it in 10 years too if you want (like super mario bros 1 or maniac mansion), but at MMORPGs you need the Server Application to play the game in 10 years again.

I think for the reason that we only want to have the ability to play our favorite online game after the official servers are shut down, this shouldnt be a big problem.

And if SWGEmu didnt got big problems (they had to reversed the client cause they had no packets from old combat systemWink), i didnt think that we will get probs.
11-25-2009, 11:20 PM,
THEY CANT SHUT ME DOWN, EVER !
which is why i dont want to move this server to usa or uk or some more popular place
12-11-2009, 05:01 AM,
(11-19-2009, 02:30 AM)Morpheus Wrote: i would like to know how to get a server for free if no incoming available.

And i mean a dedicated one, where new versions of the server could be deployed.

Yeah I think I heard their will be free for new version, I was also waiting for it.

12-11-2009, 05:53 AM,
i think that we should be patient regardless, cuz these asshole took the game down but its only being 6 months we should wait until they have complete ly forgotten about it then pass the emulator when its done so that anyonecould make a private server, one goes down 2 more come up. im willing to setup a private server for about 20 or 30 players.

i still chat with friends from this game. and i would like to have the mxo as a meeting place.

i have a question,

if the emu gets 100% can i make my own story and edit the game as i like. i would like to write a story and share it with my friends to play, can that be possible?

also can it be possible to edit npc and make a new level cap?
12-11-2009, 06:50 AM,
(12-11-2009, 05:53 AM)Eon Wrote: I have a question,

if the emu gets 100% can i make my own story and edit the game as i like. i would like to write a story and share it with my friends to play, can that be possible?

also can it be possible to edit npc and make a new level cap?

Emulator
Quote:Computers.
a. to imitate (a particular computer system) by using a software system, often including a microprogram or another computer that enables it to do the same work, run the same programs, etc., as the first.

Imitate
Quote:3. to make a copy of; reproduce closely.

Neither of that lets you do what you ask for.

If you got a way or the sourcecode, let us know.

And doesnt matter if they forget about mxo or not, is not matter of that, it's the matter of rights. Or you can just steal because you forgot that the law says the opposite?.