Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi New guy here with some Wisdom
11-16-2009, 09:16 AM,
RE: Hi New guy here with some Wisdom
This game should have gone from paid subs to free-to-play. WB and Sony could have used this platform to advertise other games and things like movies and tv shows. They could have very easily added a few items (clothing, abs, special stuff) that could be bought just to add a little revenue. The advertising alone would have been enough to keep a small staff paid to keep things going. And if MxO was free-to-play.....................the freaking game would be PACKED with people! PACKED!

Fk em' , lets let our boys do their thing and we will all be back to Mega City bliss in due time.
11-16-2009, 03:20 PM,
Heh Neo man, SOE only cares about the money. Bunch of bastards
[Image: matrixsigcopy.jpg]
My MxOEMU vid
My Prototype vid
Is hoping and waiting.....
11-16-2009, 03:52 PM,
(11-16-2009, 03:20 PM)Freestyler Wrote: Heh Neo man, SOE only cares about the money. Bunch of bastards

Which is why I really doubt they're going to bother us.
11-16-2009, 05:02 PM,
unless this emu brings a huge influx of fans to the matrix universe,then i bet SOE/WB will star to pay attention.
[Image: sigff.png]
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM,
SOE won't care. To them it's a "dead" project. Upon acquiring MxO they've learned as much as they can about the game system known as Interlock, and I'm sure now, they are playing with it in other IPs. Trying to make it their own and trying to do it better than monolith.

WB will care. I know this because they forced all useres of Youtube.com to change certain song tracks embedded into fan videos citing infringement. Right now WB probably isn't looking at this webpage cause in their minds, what might have cost 30 million and 5 years worth will certainly take us a lot longer to realize. Now if this thing is realized and starts to generate "talk", I'm sure WB will then start firing their cease and desist letters from their legal team.
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM,
How much "Talk" would we generate anyways? MxO was one of those "forgotten" MMOs until it's last days when everyone was jacking in to say goodbye.

I would hope that WB would be open to discussions instead of just sending out a cease and desist letter that they haven't even read.
11-17-2009, 07:35 PM,
bad news for your affirmations is that we wont take 5 years, for sure xD. doing it by parts will take it less or aprox 1 year if so xD.

If real game was online we would do things faster, but having to process stored info i think that we got some speed Big Grin.

There is no planning but anyway Big Grin
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM,
(11-16-2009, 09:16 AM)Neopill Wrote: This game should have gone from paid subs to free-to-play. WB and Sony could have used this platform to advertise other games and things like movies and tv shows. They could have very easily added a few items (clothing, abs, special stuff) that could be bought just to add a little revenue. The advertising alone would have been enough to keep a small staff paid to keep things going. And if MxO was free-to-play.....................the freaking game would be PACKED with people! PACKED!

Fk em' , lets let our boys do their thing and we will all be back to Mega City bliss in due time.

In-game advertisements actually don't bring enough cash in to pay for the servers and other tools. A perfect example of this is City of Heroes/Villains, which advertises Jordan shoes and some other gear on in-game billboards. While the rate is $1-2 cheaper than most games, the game wouldn't have been F2P.
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM,
id died a little inside
12-12-2009, 02:15 PM,
man if the missions would have been made offline playable i would still pay 29 bucks for this game easy. nothing like wire fu'ing someones nuts into there stomach to relive stress.
[Image: primeprogramsig.png]