Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
mxo music
11-02-2009, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2009, 10:59 AM by hawtin77.)
mxo music
i was shocked when I read yesterday that mxo is no more. i played at launch, it burst my mmo cherry, and no mmo has captured my interest the way it did since. i left game around the time of the mass exodus, i came back and found it well not many people in the world but still hands down the best community so helpful and friendly in so many ways so i shed a little silent tear at its demise as i was looking to come back again for the third time. best of luck with this emulation project, i really cant offer anything to help (i flunked c++ lol) but man i would just love to be able to play this again. i understand the packets are pretty complex to decipher, and everything was handled on server end, if you dropped your connection i remember u could run around in the world indefinitely you just couldn't interact with anything. but just being able to get on to it even in a single player capacity just to run a few missions every once and again would be great, and if more than one person could log on, and we called communicate with eachother even just outside of the game using on of the various messenger programs would be just incredible. i'm also sad i missed out on what looks like a pretty incredible send off.

well ill quit reiterating everyone's sentiments and actually ask a question. I was looking for mxo music and i cant find it anywhere... im specifically referring to the couple songs that would play when u jacked in and weren't really doing anything specifically, definitely not the combat music, i want the standing around mara c hardline music. i uninstalled the game but i have the original discs i suppose i could search for any mp3 wmv tracks on the cds but that would be a lot of work if anyone has a link to a vid of the music or the exact filename that i could find on the cd it would be appreciated. also, what are you from mxoers playing now? anything? id like a good mmo, preferably f2p and it absolutely cant be medieval knights and wizards crap, can't stand that stuff (why i played mxo in the first place). well take care all, and best of luck on this emu project.
11-02-2009, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM by Bayamos.)
RE: mxo music
Meh, here are the wavs packaged into mp3, courtesy of Stack back in the day: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uykzttnty1y

Here is some stuff by Don Davis that made its way into the cinematics: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oymonq4nz2k

There's probably some other music you can extract from dialog1a.pkb or whatnot, but I'm lazy, and you have don't have the game installed so I can't tell you how.
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM,
I put alot of the wav files onto itunes from the game directory on my PC.
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM,
Thanks Switch, was thinking you probably had them stored Big Grin *flees*
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM,
This is very..........nostalgic. Thank you sir.
[Image: RedSig2.jpg]
Head of Conscription
Commander of The Tetragrammaton
11-15-2009, 05:39 AM,
Has anyone figured out a way to extract the music files from the cinematics? The old ingame ones (1.1-4.3), anyway.
11-15-2009, 05:46 AM,
yeah they're in dialog1a.pkb i believe, just extract files based on the RIFF wav header
11-17-2009, 05:07 AM,
Thanks.
11-20-2009, 06:21 AM,
or you can extract all the .pkbs with that utility i wrote and get proper dir structure without having to chop files into random segments based on a guess
12-24-2009, 07:28 AM,
The download links provided show invaild/deleted file for me.

I could use the MxO music for some of my vids if somebody would be kind enough to send them to me. The only copy of MxO i have left is an unopened copy and i don't want to open it unless it really have to.

The music i need above the rest is the jack-in music. The rest i would like to use as filler while reading the text on the vids.

Thanks in advance.
[Image: MXO.jpg]