Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MXO Mystery Theatre
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM,
MXO Mystery Theatre
A question to all who have explored all there is to explore in MXO. Have you ever found something in MXO that was something of a mystery, whether it was a glitch or just something that was rumored to exist? Would love to hear your stories!

The one experience i had was in Downtown, in South Vauxton, my faction and I were just hanging out when i walked over to a manhole cover. No sooner than I put my cursor over the cover when it gave me the option to open said manhole cover.

Two other faction mates of mine tried it as well and it offered them the same option. Only problem it didn't respond to the commands and didn't offer the option to open the manhole cover again.

It did however raise the suspicion that there would be some future purpose for this (possibly a new area like a sewer system).
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
05-05-2010, 12:41 PM,
RE: MXO Mystery Theatre
Whoa, that's pretty cool.

On a less cool note, one of The Trust's leaders mentioned that he used to hang out in this bar back in the Lith days. It was like... his bar, and everyone would go there to hang out.

After SOE took over, the building was mysteriously "boarded up" and you could no longer access it.

I'll have to try to think of more.
[Image: quisig.png]

The Source - The MxO Wiki related to everything MxO and its forthcoming emulators.
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM,
I remember some one took me to the 0 0 0 coords in richland, i think closest hardline was mara west, but when we got there, a black cat had spawned on those coords.
Too bad i lost the screenies of it.
[Image: 38503415623903447979810.jpg]
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM,
Very cool stories all... just imagine a big sewers-system all under the city... with hideouts, collectors... :-D

Strange thing I've seen: A NPC (Member of the Crossbone-Gang I think) was walking around, throwing a smoke-bomb/small explosive on the ground, then he was happy about was he has done (/big cheer ^^) and walks a few meters again, and plays his little game again...
"Don't think you are, know you are..."
05-06-2010, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2010, 01:16 AM by Barloke.)
Over in Richland where the recreation of the area that haf the "Burly Brawl" there was a shack behind the a bench (this was also the shack represented in the second movie where Neo comes out of from the White Hallways). Now a faction mate of mine said that the door to the shack could open but apparently it was some glitch because he said the door opened and shut fast. We tried it a few times and nothing happened and let it go for a couple of days.

Well after a few weeks we all started commenting that we were seeing this same type of shack in a few other areas in Mega City. I couldn't say exactly where but it was in Westview where i saw another of these shacks and tried the door. Just as my faction mate said it opened and then slammed shut (more like a glitch) but again the suspicions and general belief that these were going to be used as a sort of "portal" connected by the White Hallways.
05-06-2010, 08:58 AM,
These are awesome! MxO as we see had so much potential... Its just a pity that potential was never realized... I waNNA HEAR MORE! Tongue
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM,
Wow, cool topic. A few that come to mind-

- This whole "floatable feast" thing. Too bad nothing was ever developed from that.

- The "Elements" family. Their potential for competition and cooperation was never developed either.

- The background for most of the dungeon gangs was never written. What was up with some wearing natty suits, and some, like the guys in the Creston Heights dungeon, in scarlet tatts? This always seemed to me like something that could have been outsourced to the community to do.

- The water flowing through much of Westview was supposed to be some resonance of the codestream, explaining why some exiles wanted to control it. Zilch ever came from this torrent of story hooks.

- When you stood at the edge of the world in International, you could click on doors on the other side of the barrier and get a click-menu item "Open". You couldn't actually go there and you couldn't actually open them, but I thought this was cool.

- Standing at the edge of the world and watching bluepills walking by was odd; sometimes they would just disappear or appear. Not creepy but odd. To me anyway. Yes, I know it's a coding artifact.

This is a great thread.
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM,
Another i ran into or rather rumor I heard was that Le Vrai (the dive where the Merv is first introduced into the movie) was said to exist or at least was going to be built, of course nothing came out of it and I believe later on in years Rarebit confirmed its non-existence.

Second thing I remember was the famous "Lotus Club" Now THAT I know started off as a web site but a few of the stories about all these people that meet in this club had me convinced that some dev was going to construct a club (remember this was in the early days of SOE when I didn't know any better).

and i am saving this one for last because this is a one that has gone around alot. On the last day of Beta there was ALOT of rumors of seeing someone all in black flying around. I myself could have sworn to the same thing. I mean what I saw was someone that looked like they were hyperjumping but changed course in midair and didn't come down (or at least i didn't see him land). Like most UFO sightings the GOVERNMENT came forward in the form of a Dev told us in the MXO forums that there was no "Neo" character flying around (I was surprised he didn't say it was a weather balloon).
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2010, 10:54 PM by Sixxth.)
(05-06-2010, 03:06 PM)Barloke Wrote: and i am saving this one for last because this is a one that has gone around alot. On the last day of Beta there was ALOT of rumors of seeing someone all in black flying around. I myself could have sworn to the same thing. I mean what I saw was someone that looked like they were hyperjumping but changed course in midair and didn't come down (or at least i didn't see him land). Like most UFO sightings the GOVERNMENT came forward in the form of a Dev told us in the MXO forums that there was no "Neo" character flying around (I was surprised he didn't say it was a weather balloon).

If memory serves, I think this was the time when people could do the "rolling" exploit - that is, you could do the double up arrow key tap, which would make you do a forward somersault, and it would transport you above the ground. The more you rolled the higher you got. I actually *did* this, and dont remember exactly how it went lol.

Anyhow, I think this was folks enjoying that little exploit....
05-06-2010, 11:23 PM,
Mine would have to be that exile that was blowing things up with a pipe bomb and laughing when it went off.

Was I the only one who got those gang members that you couldn't kill? You can shoot at them all you want, but their health never went down.