Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another MMO fallen apart
05-01-2010, 09:24 PM,
Another MMO fallen apart
It is always a shame when a game people like to play for a long time begins the process of cutting staff, etc. We all know where that road leads. Anyway, here I am once again dealing with another unfolding situation where the game I played for almost a year is not doing so well, the game is Fallen Earth. I wonder if any of the dev staff that is not working anymore as of Friday wants to help with the EMU project. hmm
anyway, here's a link to read the posting about the restructuring plan if anyone wants to. Sad times in this terrible economy, I knew I should have stayed away from MMO's. Confused

http://forums.fallenearth.com/falleneart...hp?t=37356
[Image: Mix2.jpg]
05-01-2010, 09:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010, 09:47 PM by Gerik.)
RE: Another MMO fallen apart
Why would they wanna waste their time on a dead game, that would provide no income (herp derp, use your head)? They most likely have families, in-which they'll be looking for a new job to work, to provide for said family (though I'm not sure if when they said "restructure" of the staff, etc means they're firing people or not).

Also they said: "While this is a challenging step for us," said Hettinger, "the steps were taken to maintain the growth, continued development and profitability of Fallen Earth." So I don't see where you're getting this "falling apart" deal or whatever, unless they're pulling an SOE. Though, I never saw them saying they were looking to "to maintain the growth, continued development". All they ever did was to try and keep making whatever money they could from MxO, SWG, etc.
05-02-2010, 05:32 AM,
Dont wanna be a bad egg here but please keep your hrrp derp nonsense language to the other forum, it doesn't belong here.
05-02-2010, 08:05 AM,
I haven't done anything wrong, stop trolling.
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM,
Gerik. Refrain from calling ADMIN's trolls. Its better known as Moderation. I simply asked you to stop saying those stupid childish immature words on this forum the rest of your post is fine. Further nonsense like this will result in warning level increasing.

Any problems you have with this feel free to PM me about it.
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM,
The game hardly lasted a year. Good Riddiance.
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
05-06-2010, 02:48 AM,
The key to any MMO's survival is marketing..

What do MXO and Fallen Earth have in common? That they spent pennies per subscription on marketing if that..

Take blizzard and WoW...I hate them with a passion but they have more paying subs than the population of small countries. How? they spend a certain amount of dollars per sub to marketing to keep that beast running.

If burger King or Mcdonalds stopped spending millions on marketing, you would eventually stop eating there.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM,
(05-02-2010, 01:31 PM)ShaoX Wrote: The game hardly lasted a year. Good Riddiance.

Lasted longer that MxO technically.
05-06-2010, 08:29 AM,
(05-06-2010, 02:48 AM)Rxu Wrote: The key to any MMO's survival is marketing..

What do MXO and Fallen Earth have in common? That they spent pennies per subscription on marketing if that..

Take blizzard and WoW...I hate them with a passion but they have more paying subs than the population of small countries. How? they spend a certain amount of dollars per sub to marketing to keep that beast running.

If burger King or Mcdonalds stopped spending millions on marketing, you would eventually stop eating there.

Marketing and also the willingness to invest in your product. If you ran any buisness and did not invest in it, chances are you won't be in business long. Blizzard and WoW (and i really can't stand WoW) at LEAST invest in their product, pretty much why they are still in buisness.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
05-07-2010, 05:58 AM,
Rainbow  RE: Another MMO fallen apart
Marketing is bad for games anyway I always though. Commercials are mostly to sell new over-the-counter drugs etc... promote shampoo products, lawn grass seeds, services, etc. Like how often do any of us see commercials for games, you might see it on Spike TV channel while WWE Raw (wrestling) is live and that's about it, lol.

Anyway the gaming industry has poor marketing ( and sometimes lame games) because the industry seems to focus on silly games that are similar to other games that are already out on the market.

Which brings me to the point where I see how much this EMU project means to all of us because of it's uniqueness. Long live MXO !!!!!!!!!!! Cool
[Image: Mix2.jpg]